Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 10 of 11 163 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 18, 2012 11:32 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Remember guys, this is a SEASON PREMIERE.

These are the episodes that get worked on for the extra time and usually end up with a lot of second-guessing. Season premieres are rarely long-standingly amazing in newer seasons. Take a look at "HumancentiPad" from last season for a nice example.

In the long run is it a great episode? No, no it isn't. But for a Season Premiere, I'd say it was a pretty nice episode.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Mar 23, 2012 1:47 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Okay, this is really funny; totally unrelated to the episode, this Questionable Content strip just went up, claiming to be inspired by true events: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2149

:lol:

(I'm damn near legally blind without glasses, and this is pretty plausible.)
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Mar 23, 2012 2:28 am Offline
Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 am5
I loved that this episode was suttley about disciplining your children and then right into TSA and police harassment. Everything is based on what aristotle and socretes called Forms. All forms can only exist if there is an opposite to give rise to its existance. Nothing in itself lacks an opposite. Its based on this principle that i believe raising children or running a country (idealy very similar approach) should be based on balance. Parents yel and scream at their kids all day long thinking that if they work hard enough at screaming at their children, they will develop into model citizens. The truth of the matter is that they break the kids down so hard, that the kids get no love and in turn feel proximally abandoned. Upon this proximal abondonment, they no longer have respect for authority and feel that the only thing neccessary thing to do is to defy this force that is making them feel so terrible. Ironically the compulsive punishment leads to only more of what was trying to be avoided. If I follow someone around all day saying dont punch me in the stomach i have diahrea, eventually they wont care about my feelings and punch me even if it takes 450 times tlling them not to. Take this same principle drag out over an entire childhood, and you have a child that not only tunes out authority but strives to defy it as to assert their personal desires. When craigs mom is throwing a fit about him not putting the seat down, he tunes her out and is only concerned of her lack of symathy for him that he doesnt want to be embarassed around his friends. Then she falls in and has to die, a spoof on corny movies that sometimes do this. She says "we should have been more hard on you" this clearly is sarcasim on the writers part in pointing out that there was no balance in the punishment/ positive reinforcement dichotomy. Then the smooth transition into the TSA and police. I live in one of the most corrupt counties in the country, with the highest police to citizen ratio, and yet... crime is rising here? hmmmmm... maybe if people were left alone and not harassed, they would have more respect for authoritaaa. "LEME CHECK YA *******" haha halarious.... some of us see the bigger picture that can only come from having an open mind, being sympathetic and constantly trying to understand others selflessly. Usually this character is developed from comming from rough homes and wanting to get out and be an individual in the world who is successfull and wise. We analyse life daily and after a long period of time appreciate it and can actually enjoy it. While others float ignorantly and hold on to what ever control they have on society (security gaurd, police officer). The fact us that not everyone gets the oppurtunity to ezperiance the hardships that make someone undertanding, carring and unique. Some people are born filthy wealthy and act snobbish, prejuidice and so on. But to digress, authority now more than ever with the introduction of NDAA is going to increasingly supress society and try to intervene in peoples lives. Without balance, it will only cause people to loose respect for authority and act out against it (secretly or publicly) like our founding fathers condoned. Human nature is stil very primitive, were still very much animal, were still very much greedy and controlling and territorial. When alpha males dont agree with something the majority of his clan is doing, he puts his foot down and forces them to. We have a long way to go. Unfortunately I feel like society is getting more lazy and stupid due to income inequality and rampid materialism.

I love that this show is so diverse. The monotonous music playing in the background durring the shipping scene of the cash for gold episode was intentionally half ass halarious. This newest episode reminds me alot of margaritaville. You guys should consider making an episode where old people become alienated completely due to their technological illiteracy only to succeed in setting off an EMP sold to them by the ghost of Mohmar Gudahfi. In the episode Mohmar should relate to them in saying that he "had no idea what was going on anymore either" lmao see i can pull this sh*t out of my ass all day too. You guys should give me a job with the quickness, so I can drop what Im doing and come to casa bonita. Ill write 100 more suggestions if approached by someone. Ive got a thousand Ideas Matt and Trey contact me if anyone is interested over there !
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 26, 2012 1:16 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:50 pm13
Hi all, I haven't seen the first two episodes of this season. The first one from looking at the preview and reading the plot kind of looked like a toilet humor / battle of the sexes sort of episode, and the second one about gold looked more interesting. So I was just curious if there was much satire in this and the second episode. Because to me the political satirical episodes are the best ones in my opinion.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 27, 2012 12:55 pm Offline
Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:17 pm16
Thumbs-down here. This feels like an episode that was shelved. It may have been funnier at the height of all the TSA controversy but I don't think so. It lacked balance/ was seemingly more shock than substance.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 1:13 pm Offline
Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:24 pm7
Quite a mediocre ep. It feels as if the story was rushed through, the really funny moments were lacking.

Besides all of this, what happened to Kenny after Mrs. Donovan's departure :unhoodedkenny: ? He wasn't seen later on in the episode and no explanation was ever given. Instead we had the three other boys plus Clyde and Jimmy as a supporting character.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 03, 2012 12:34 pm Offline
Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:49 am8
Fine episode for the new season. I like how Butters already used the porcelain appliance the way it's inventor intended. Butters and no one else. Classic.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 05, 2012 6:31 am Offline
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:35 am5
As much as I saw, toilet seat was actually down when Clyde's mum got stuck...
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 05, 2012 10:54 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
such a good epi! LOVED Cartman w the spray can blacking out the camera like a boss!
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Great Episode but.... PostTue Apr 17, 2012 7:59 pm Offline
Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:43 am0
Why did the black chicks have fat asses. Is it supposed to reinforce the thought that black chicks usually have fat asses? Or are they supposed to be fall-in-toilet proof?
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 22, 2012 10:14 am Offline
Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:56 am1
Security breeeeeeccchhh...
I couldn't stop laughing after that. xD
Sit back and watch the mayhem, or be the mayhem.
Your choice.
PostSat Apr 28, 2012 7:03 pm Offline
Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:56 am1
I thought Clyde had a colostomy when he was 5. Why was he sitting on the toilet at the end? It also seems weird to me that Clyde's mom always appeared to be real nice before this episode. Matt and Trey must have really wanted to kill her off... I'm not trying to over-think the show, but I really think that obvious character inconsistencies like these should not happen. Bad episode, but South Park is still the best!
RON PAUL PostSun Apr 29, 2012 9:41 pm Offline
Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:53 pm0
TSA GOlD and a very odd placement of paul in the meme episodes beginning, then leaving him out at the end like the news does - ---- not an endorsement of anyone by any means - but to me - shows the significance of the issues paul has brought to the national discussion - south park is the king of being relevant, providing parody, and not supporting anything lol - perfect i love this episode so much.top 10 s park episodes of all time right here.
PostMon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
MyNameIs... wrote:
Why did the black chicks have fat asses. Is it supposed to reinforce the thought that black chicks usually have fat asses? Or are they supposed to be fall-in-toilet proof?

:lol:
I Speak from little experience, but if there is a black lady working a security job, more times than not, she's full-sized with extra donk in her badonka.
Re: PostMon Apr 30, 2012 1:13 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
otherworld87 wrote:
I thought Clyde had a colostomy when he was 5. Why was he sitting on the toilet at the end?

Clyde's colostomy was over 10 seasons ago. It may have been a tempary one while he was getting his intestine fixed. It's a miracle, he's been healed, praise Jesus. :) I wouldn't over-think it too much.

Sort by  
Page 10 of 11 163 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next