Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 27 of 30 447 posts Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Author Message
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostMon Apr 30, 2012 9:48 pm Offline
  • Profile
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 pm182
Dcase wrote:
This episode was the dumbest one I can ever remember watching. I think it's inevitable that the show is 1 step closer to coming to an end :?


No, not yet. Comedy Central renews the show's contract for another five year. So if you think South Park is ending, think again. :roll:
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostMon Apr 30, 2012 10:26 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
AtheistOtter wrote:
Dcase wrote:
it's inevitable that the show is 1 step closer to coming to an end :?

Um, yeah, that's an accurate statement in the same way "You're one day closer to death" is an accurate statement, but I don't think that word, inevitable, means what you think it means...

*snerk* Image


You keep using that word...
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostTue May 01, 2012 5:03 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun May 23, 2010 3:40 pm13
NeuroHeart wrote:
AtheistOtter wrote:
Dcase wrote:
it's inevitable that the show is 1 step closer to coming to an end :?

Um, yeah, that's an accurate statement in the same way "You're one day closer to death" is an accurate statement, but I don't think that word, inevitable, means what you think it means...

*snerk* Image


You keep using that word...

INCONCEIVABLE!
couldn't resist...
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu May 03, 2012 7:44 am Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
About to be in my late 20's next month and I agree there's an age gap SP is starting to create. This show came out when I was 12 but it never interested me until I was almost done with high school in 2003 or 2004 at the age of 18'ish. I LOVE s16!!

I'm glad M&T have grown up with their work.

Everyone's humor is different, I guess you could put it.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu May 03, 2012 7:59 am Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
alphanumrc wrote:
I don't get any of these tv show references because South Park is the only show I watch...and that's it.

All other tv just kinda sucks.
(Unless I have a little drink of Jameson)



Agreed. We cut cable a long time ago because we're practically done with the sh*t that's on TV now. The only other things I watch are Stewart/Colbert/Futurama/ Beavis and Butthead.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
PostThu May 17, 2012 10:47 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:46 pm0
okay, I watched this episode and it kept me entertained for twenty minutes. Thats all it was designed for, right? Its not like I had to turn it off. I probably will not watch it again, but thats only because Matt and Trey and co. have made so many other quality episodes that I can watch for free. As far as Im concerned mission accomplished, plus any show with a challenger joke shows that SP is still on the ball.
I Should Never Have Watched This Episode PostSun May 20, 2012 1:22 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:39 am5
Well, looks like M and T are catching some Simpsons-itis. After 14 seasons, they finally ran out of ideas.

I see people defending the episode saying that the critics dont understand that it was satire of overproduced reality shows and such, but thats not the criticism. The criticism is that these latest episodes are poorly written, compared to their previous seasons. They used to write involved plots, with ironic moments, all of which contributed to the overarching story of the episode, and wrapping up in a logical ending. Now it seems that the story goes nowhere, and the comedy is comprised of just random jokes or lazy satire of other genres. Its pretty much EXACTLY what M and T made fun of Family Guy for in the Cartoon Wars episode. Ironic how SP has become what M and T used to critique and ridicule.

Normally, I would say thanks for the great seasons and memories, but SP has been one of my favorite series in all of TV. Please consider looking at other writers SP scripts. I am sure that a ton of talented writers have sent you guys sample scripts and a lot of them are probably pretty good. Just think about it. Thanks guys.
Re: I Should Never Have Watched This Episode PostSun May 20, 2012 7:41 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm79Wisconsin
TrickyOne wrote:
Well, looks like M and T are catching some Simpsons-itis. After 14 seasons, they finally ran out of ideas.

I see people defending the episode saying that the critics dont understand that it was satire of overproduced reality shows and such, but thats not the criticism. The criticism is that these latest episodes are poorly written, compared to their previous seasons. They used to write involved plots, with ironic moments, all of which contributed to the overarching story of the episode, and wrapping up in a logical ending. Now it seems that the story goes nowhere, and the comedy is comprised of just random jokes or lazy satire of other genres. Its pretty much EXACTLY what M and T made fun of Family Guy for in the Cartoon Wars episode. Ironic how SP has become what M and T used to critique and ridicule.

Normally, I would say thanks for the great seasons and memories, but SP has been one of my favorite series in all of TV. Please consider looking at other writers SP scripts. I am sure that a ton of talented writers have sent you guys sample scripts and a lot of them are probably pretty good. Just think about it. Thanks guys.



....South park without matt and trey is not south park. If kyle and cartman get together, it could still be south park. Bad example, i know, dont shoot me. But, if you remove matt and trey...then it's not the same. They wouldnt do that anyway, that's mildly ridiculous. They're signed on for 20 seasons and i'm really rather certain that m/t will still do it with their team. You let writers that arent them deal with canon....and i' telling you, i've seen some questionable fanfiction. Look, i'm just saying it's probably going to happen.

If you do not like how things are going, then stop watching the new ones. I disagree with your above statement. Sure, maybe this one isnt as strong as the others, but South Park is not becoming family guy. I cant believe I used those in the same sentence. They are two seperate shows, and yeah, i dont like family guy that much, and i pretend to be all like sp's better, but can you really compare them? no. Like I said, dont like it, watch earlier seasons and dont consider the later seasons canon. whatever floats your boat, dude. South park has gotten me througha lot of stuff and i look forward to the future. <3
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: I Should Never Have Watched This Episode PostMon May 21, 2012 2:02 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
TrickyOne wrote:
Well, looks like M and T are catching some Simpsons-itis. After 14 seasons, they finally ran out of ideas.

I see people defending the episode saying that the critics dont understand that it was satire of overproduced reality shows and such, but thats not the criticism. The criticism is that these latest episodes are poorly written, compared to their previous seasons. They used to write involved plots, with ironic moments, all of which contributed to the overarching story of the episode, and wrapping up in a logical ending. Now it seems that the story goes nowhere, and the comedy is comprised of just random jokes or lazy satire of other genres. Its pretty much EXACTLY what M and T made fun of Family Guy for in the Cartoon Wars episode. Ironic how SP has become what M and T used to critique and ridicule.

Normally, I would say thanks for the great seasons and memories, but SP has been one of my favorite series in all of TV. Please consider looking at other writers SP scripts. I am sure that a ton of talented writers have sent you guys sample scripts and a lot of them are probably pretty good. Just think about it. Thanks guys.

They've thought about it already, more than once, and the answer is the same: NO. Trey will write the scripts. He does have a team of consultants off which he can fine-tune the scripts, but they don't write any part of them for him. And I do believe I've said before that no one should submit any spec scripts to Matt and Trey here, 'cause they don't come here to get scripts.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
PostMon May 21, 2012 11:18 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:39 am5
-----------
Ok, ok, understood. I realize that after 15 years of doing the same stuff, T might get a tired and look for new creative styles. I read in some magazine article way back in the day that the Pip episode was the one wished he could take back the most, but I still liked it a ton b/c of the creativity and humor he applied to a Dickens parody throughout the episode.

I hope to see Book of Mormon soon, and hopefully we ll get to see a 2nd SP movie as well.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostTue May 22, 2012 1:04 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
I pray to Jesus and to his apostles that no one else hates on so on this thread
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
PostWed May 23, 2012 2:40 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed May 23, 2012 2:36 am0
i should have never watched this episode, it f*cking sucks!!
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed May 23, 2012 3:12 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
ha- erh. i give up. screw you haters.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
SWEET JUMPING JESUS! PostSat May 26, 2012 5:42 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
LegendofJosh wrote:

Who are YOU to decide who's intelligent and who isn't? Again, here you go taking personal shots at posters, instead of keeping the focus on discussion around the actual episode without it crossing over into personal shots at everyone.

Making a claim that the so-called intelligent people enjoyed the episode and those who are well, for no other description are not intelligent, that's a pretty serious claim dude.

I think you're just demonstrating just how ignorant you are.

____________________________________________
Yes, i double posted. Sorry :oops: but i feel this second post to be important...

____________________________________________

(VERY late response..)
the majority of your posts consist of you retaliating in argument! I am not pointing fingers or implying anyone in particular but you are becoming an endless cycle of retaliation. Anger just leads to more anger. This will be hard to do but if you will.. can you and your fellow haters please cease fire. Just drop the whole thing. The end. Closed. Shut off. Finished.
I know it will be increasingly hard for you to avoid retaliating in anger but do know that you and several others are adding hefty fuel to the argument.
If you move on, you will cease this flaming war. The reason i feel i have to say this whole list of words, which i hope have meaning to you, is because i just realized that a hell of a lot of your comments in your posts are focused on argument. Specifically this one. This response may not attain the medal of length like Brendle's long posts but i do hope it does get it's point across. So. Please just forget your war and move on.

I have struggled tremendously not to sound like a massive assh*le but this is the best way i could type my point.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: I Should Never Have Watched This Episode PostWed May 30, 2012 10:13 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Big-Will wrote:
They've thought about it already, more than once, and the answer is the same: NO. Trey will write the scripts. He does have a team of consultants off which he can fine-tune the scripts, but they don't write any part of them for him. And I do believe I've said before that no one should submit any spec scripts to Matt and Trey here, 'cause they don't come here to get scripts.


I think it's pretty obvious that they are pretty content writing what they enjoy satirizing. Obviously they would like people to enjoy their work, but they aren't pandering to any audience. The truth is that they don't have to.

The making of episode where they are working on Humancentipad made this really, really obvious. they were pretty aware of the fact that not everyone appreciates poop humor as much as them, but it was the episode they wanted to write coming off of the Book of Mormon. I'm personally firmly in favor of fecal free comedy, but have to appreciate that they stick to what they enjoy. Most creative works turn out better when it is something the creator believes in.

However, it's rather insulting to see how often people are claiming that Trey ought to basically outsource his creation because some fans want each episode tailor suited to what they find entertaining.

And to think all this debate came on the basis of them doing a ridiculous live action reenactment scene to rip into reality television. Even more hilarious given how much of the griping is over how Trey has lost his creative touch by doing something different with the pop culture gags. Apparently creativity does not extend to screwing around with the formula or format once in awhile.
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 27 of 30 447 posts Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X