Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 16 of 17 241 posts Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 19, 2012 4:52 pm Offline
Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:14 pm1825Ohio - Nothing to see since 1803
Lyon82 wrote:
Kyle is probably the one who works best as a secondary character than a main one because of his much more rational personality compared to the others. And while his character is the stick in the mud of them, it's kinda necessary for someone to play the foil when the plot gets absurd. It also allows for a good bit of play on the self righteousness from time to time.

This. This is so much true. Kyle's major point, especially recently, has been to be a counter to the ridiculousness going on in the episode. Without someone or something to keep the whole thing grounded than it would lose a ton of its impact. Though he used to do more, Kyle tends to mostly act as a foil to everything else going on around him.

To be fair; I think many of the things that people are complaining about are because Kyle's stayed fairly grounded whereas many of the plots and stories are flying off in random directions. We rarely see the whole group working together anymore. More often there's something much more specific going on and Kyle is constantly portrayed as the foil to the main story of the episode.
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostWed Apr 25, 2012 9:21 pm Offline
Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:34 pm2
You know, I like Kyle as a main character. And in fact I'd like to see them do more with him other than make him a foil to Cartman. I mean, why couldn't he have a real date with someone like say the new character Nichole without say Cartman being racist?! I'm just saying
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostWed Apr 25, 2012 9:32 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Yeah there he was having a good time with Nicole and that fast bastard ruins it.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostWed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
I'm okay with him being the foil, but there was definitely a missing beat down with that episode. Cartman deserved a good punch to the gut.

The issue with Kyle acting in a lead is that he is painstakingly rational. That means he needs to get into situations based on being oblivious or the rational option backfiring. South Park is so absurd that it's hard for him to act other than being a foil for the others. It's just the reality of smart characters in popular fiction, particularly comedies, seldom being used as the lead. Rational just isn't the basis for amusement without that foil around.

Of course, it'd be kinda nice if he got a growing up episode where he realizes he needs to act more like a kid as a means to dial down the direction of later seasons to put him in the position of the rational and moral compass.
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostSat May 05, 2012 4:22 am Offline
Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:41 pm9
Kyle has become kind of annoying in the past few years. Bring Back I learned something today!!!
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostSat May 26, 2012 5:18 pm Offline
Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 pm33New York
Happy Birthday Kyle! :D
Oh My God! They Killed Kenny!

You Bastard!

Mmhmmm mhmmmmhm

Yeah I want some cheesy poofs.
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostSat Sep 22, 2012 6:58 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
I was looking up about zodiac signs recently (I don't believe in it, but I find it interesting and cool), and I noticed under Sidereal dates, Kyle would be a Taurus instead of a Gemini. According to a website about zodiac signs, Taurus colors are green, orange, yellow, and earth tones. What a coincidence that Kyle wears both Green and Orange! XD
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostTue Oct 16, 2012 10:27 pm Offline
Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:24 pm12
i wish he woulda stayed on the force with the guys...he woulda had a carreer started at the age of 7...he woulda been a great cop
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostSun May 26, 2013 11:10 am Offline
Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 pm37
Just wanted to say a little fun fact,
Today, May 26 2013 is Kyle's 24th birthday (based off his Facebook profile on an episode and he was 8 in 1997)
Yeah, he's a cartoon character, but WHO CARES?
Happy Birthday Kyle!
Hello, My name is bailrocks123, and I'm addicted to South Park. LOL

Favs:
Charecter(out of the 4 boys): Kyle
Chatecter(in all): Butters
Episodes: Butters' Very Own Episode,Chreekoke Hair Tampons,and Kenny Dies.
Other:
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostWed Jul 31, 2013 3:10 pm Offline
Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 am16
I really want in on this discussion because I feel like South Park is a show you can sit and talk about for hours because its actually really deep and apart from this forum the only fans I seem to come across online just talk about how in love the characters are with each other.

Anyways I digress - I feel that each of the four main characters add something to the show that has made it what it is today - and in Kyle's case that's the moral voice. The moral voice has been one of the many things that has set the show apart from others and therefore has been a reason why it has been able to go on for so long. We should all at least appreciate that, (as well as the fact that Kyle is of course based on Matt) so it does bother me hearing some people be so hateful towards him.

He always tries to do the right thing which often backfires, showing us that you won't get rewarded in life for doing what's right and you might even get a ton of sh*t. Do it because it's the right thing, not because you expect something in return. Because you'll be disappointed if you do.
He is also flawed and can be an assh*le without realising it. However despite how things might appear in recent episodes I do believe he has the best intentions, and that is what people are like in real life. We should all try to be a good person but we will f*ck up sometimes. That's what I get from him anyway.

I can write so much more and It's frustrating how fictional animated 10 year olds can have so much depth.
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostFri Sep 06, 2013 12:12 am Offline
  • YIM
Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:55 pm11Long island, NY
Definitely my favorite character.
Favorite episodes: The ring and The red badge of gayness
Favorite season: Season 10
Favorite character: Kyle Broflovski
Kyle Broflovski PostThu Jan 30, 2014 11:46 am Offline
Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:04 am1
Kyle Broflovski (or Broslofski or Brovlovski ) , played by Matt Stone, is a fictional character in the animated series South Park.
Kyle is the only Jew boy in town, so it is taunted by Eric Cartman . She has a younger adopted brother , Canadian , named Ike . His mother, Sheila , is extremely protective and often salt horse trying to keep the boy away from evil , for example swearing .
Kyle is very quick to anger , and therefore did not hesitate to respond violently antisemitic Cartman bites , otherwise rivalry with the Cartman is one of the main action and humor of the show .
Whether he or Stan , each time announcing the death of Kenny to reply , having reached famous , "Oh my God ! They Killed Kenny ! " To which the other responds, " You bastards ." Along with Stan , Kyle occasionally take the role of " conscience" of the group , concluding episodes to reply " I learned something today ... " followed by series creators morals that I wish to convey to the public.
Is my favorite caracter. 8)
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostWed Feb 05, 2014 4:22 pm Offline
Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:53 pm87
Honestly, i think Kyle is more of a main character than Stan is
(That Charlie Brown reference in Jewpacabra was awesome)
Favorite Character(s): Kyle and Kenny
Favorite Episode: Scott Tenorman Must Die
Favorite Season(s): 1, 2, 3, and 8
First Episode Seen: Summer Sucks (officially)
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostSat Apr 05, 2014 4:05 pm Offline
Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:14 pm1825Ohio - Nothing to see since 1803
bigstupidflyingfish wrote:
Honestly, i think Kyle is more of a main character than Stan is
(That Charlie Brown reference in Jewpacabra was awesome)

That may be questionable, but I generally agree with you. As far as time shown; Kyle probably isn't the main character of the show. However, Kyle is the all important straight man in the show. His role may not be popular, but it's completely necessary for the show to exist.
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostSat Apr 05, 2014 7:03 pm Offline
Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:36 am168
ssk1777 wrote:
Definitely my favorite character.
He's my favorite character too and I like how he seems to be the voice of reason since Stan's personality change in YGO/AB.
Plus he normally fights back when Cartman insults him for being Jewish.

Sort by  
Page 16 of 17 241 posts Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next