Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 28 of 30 447 posts Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Re: I Should Never Have Watched This Episode PostThu May 31, 2012 7:53 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
Lyon82 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
They've thought about it already, more than once, and the answer is the same: NO. Trey will write the scripts. He does have a team of consultants off which he can fine-tune the scripts, but they don't write any part of them for him. And I do believe I've said before that no one should submit any spec scripts to Matt and Trey here, 'cause they don't come here to get scripts.

I think it's pretty obvious that they are pretty content writing what they enjoy satirizing. Obviously they would like people to enjoy their work, but they aren't pandering to any audience. The truth is that they don't have to.

The making of episode where they are working on Humancentipad made this really, really obvious. they were pretty aware of the fact that not everyone appreciates poop humor as much as them, but it was the episode they wanted to write coming off of the Book of Mormon. I'm personally firmly in favor of fecal free comedy, but have to appreciate that they stick to what they enjoy. Most creative works turn out better when it is something the creator believes in.

However, it's rather insulting to see how often people are claiming that Trey ought to basically outsource his creation because some fans want each episode tailor suited to what they find entertaining.

And to think all this debate came on the basis of them doing a ridiculous live action reenactment scene to rip into reality television. Even more hilarious given how much of the griping is over how Trey has lost his creative touch by doing something different with the pop culture gags. Apparently creativity does not extend to screwing around with the formula or format once in awhile.

You're so right! :twisted:
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
PostFri Jun 01, 2012 6:15 pm Offline
Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:53 pm0
Worst episode of South Park I have ever seen. A total and rotund fiasco
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostFri Jun 01, 2012 10:41 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
episodes are not aimed at everyone!^
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
PostSat Jun 02, 2012 7:10 am Offline
Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:40 am0
i dont like the real actors..ahhh and kenny is blond
Re: PostSat Jun 02, 2012 9:11 am Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
rxrboiix18 wrote:

Yeah, the point was that reenactments on TV shows are usually terribly acted and have 'actors' that look nothing like the actual people. It's been said 20 times or so now. The actors are being deliberately awful in their delivery and don't look like the characters because that IS the joke.

I'm a touch surprised everyone is harping on Kenny when the actor playing Kyle also has the wrong hair color. Not to mention them all being roughly in their early 20s playing 10 year olds.
Re: Re: PostSat Jun 02, 2012 10:17 am Offline
Lyon82 wrote:
rxrboiix18 wrote:

Yeah, the point was that reenactments on TV shows are usually terribly acted and have 'actors' that look nothing like the actual people. It's been said 20 times or so now. The actors are being deliberately awful in their delivery and don't look like the characters because that IS the joke.

I'm a touch surprised everyone is harping on Kenny when the actor playing Kyle also has the wrong hair color. Not to mention them all being roughly in their early 20s playing 10 year olds.

And Cartman doesn't have a red shirt
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
PostFri Jun 08, 2012 8:27 am Offline
Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:50 am0
haha
PostSat Jun 09, 2012 11:17 am Offline
Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:44 pm0
I agree, the episode is pretty lame... The part I hate the most is the real people thing
Why is Kennys Hair Black? PostSun Jun 10, 2012 3:32 pm Offline
Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:27 pm1
Why?
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostSun Jun 10, 2012 7:06 pm Offline
Hmm...let me get this straight. SO if SP was made using real actors instead of animations, no one on this forum would like it anymore? Interesting.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostSun Jun 10, 2012 7:28 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
CartmansWhore wrote:
Hmm...let me get this straight. SO if SP was made using real actors instead of animations, no one on this forum would like it anymore? Interesting.

Ha! I'm picturing that. Who the hell would play Mackey?
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostSun Jun 10, 2012 7:33 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
CartmansWhore wrote:

Actually I would. And I'm sure the majority would as well. Besides, I thought it hilarious that they used 20-somethings to portray 10-somethings :lol:

I thought it was cool. It was unexpected and funny. I'd like to see more "curve balls" thrown at us; that is, more totally off-the-wall, unexpected twists such as this live action portrayed by actors twice as old as the characters that they portrayed. I can't wait to see what twist M&T have for us in Season 16B :)
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostSun Jun 10, 2012 7:36 pm Offline
zzyzx 1 wrote:
CartmansWhore wrote:

Actually I would. And I'm sure the majority would as well. Besides, I thought it hilarious that they used 20-somethings to portray 10-somethings :lol:

I thought it was cool. It was unexpected and funny. I'd like to see more "curve balls" thrown at us; that is, more totally off-the-wall, unexpected twists such as this live action portrayed by actors twice as old as the characters that they portrayed. I can't wait to see what twist M&T have for us in Season 16B :)

Nice to see there's still someone as excited as I am :)
reminds me of... PostThu Jun 14, 2012 8:51 am Offline
Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:54 am0
this TOTALY reminds me of 1000 ways to die... (and i dont even like that show)
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Jun 14, 2012 9:48 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2272Croatia (SE Europe)
Zazaban wrote:
CartmansWhore wrote:

Ha! I'm picturing that. Who the hell would play Mackey?

How about this guy?

Sort by  
Page 28 of 30 447 posts Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next