Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 2 posts
New Episode Idea PostSat Sep 01, 2012 10:23 pm Offline
Mon May 30, 2011 8:10 pm2
My idea is for Matt and Trey to do a spoof on the television show a thousand ways to die.

This show is in my opinion the worst, most vulgar, most disturbing television show there is. Death is inevitable, and scenarios of fictional death can be utterly hilarious (dead baby jokes are pretty popular. Also Kenny.) Yet once a television broadcast a show based entirely on the recounting of peoples deaths --and real human death at that-- it is truly a demeaning to life and diminishes our respect for it: the so-called desensitization. What is more, they degrade every character they portray by making arguments that their death's were not undeserved, as though life was by some evil fate earned. A twist in the character's name does not constitute morality in the portraying of the death for entertainment purposes, no matter what your faith is.

Satire and Social commentary by notable people such as the South Park duo is greatly needed.

Also, it leads to a great many comic opportunity:
Kenny dies, once or many times, is portrayed in the television show, all under pseudonyms like Kanny or Keni.
Cartman, the oddly-lovable, Machiavellian, intolerant bastard, would be a supporter of the show.
The remaining boys would see through the show and somehow fight back, concluding with the usual "You know, I've learned something today" speech.

In short, a story of that type would allow much freedom and creativity in the writing process, and the clever people at South Park would be sure to succeed in blowing our minds. It could also be a gateway for Matt and Trey to tackle other sensitive subjects involving respect for life, including the death penalty and abortion. Also, it would be nice to know that Matt and Trey do listen to fan mail, but I doubt it having seen the 6days to air thing. I don't expect this idea to be a success.
Re: New Episode Idea PostSun Sep 02, 2012 9:24 pm Offline
Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:14 pm2
I'd watch that

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 2 posts