Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 7 91 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Sep 27, 2012 3:27 pm Offline
Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:36 pm3
That was a good episode... maybe the best of season 16 so far... :D
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Sep 27, 2012 4:41 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
We had our lowest ratings in three years thanks to Honey FUCKING BOO BOO! Fuck that fatass white trash child beauty queen! :evil:
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Sep 27, 2012 9:04 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
That's a 10pm show?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Sep 27, 2012 9:56 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Big-Will wrote:
That's a 10pm show?

Yes, unfortunately, 10 PM on Wednesdays. It also happens to be an hour long, therefore stealing viewers from South Park AND Key & Peele, which are a hundred times better than a porky, bratty backwoods child beauty queen. Also, TLC (the channel, not the R&B trio, who ended 10 years ago when Left Eye died) needs to go away for good.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Oh f*ck.

Anywho, turns out Kenny was wearing #84, not #24. Who wears #84 on the Broncos team?
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 28, 2012 1:29 am Offline
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 pm33
Quote:
Anywho, turns out Kenny was wearing #84, not #24. Who wears #84 on the Broncos team?

Shannon sharpe wore #84. Broncos HOF tight end.
M&T like to give the kids #s of all the greatest broncos... Like Stan wearing Elway's #7. It's really cool that they do that :D
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 28, 2012 1:39 am Offline
Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:36 am14Amongst Rednecks
Wow. Whoever got this through Standards and Practices is a f*cking pimp.
Not only have I wasted your time with the comment above, but I managed to piss you off simultaneously. You need more control over your own life.
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 28, 2012 2:44 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Their pimp is a woman - Anne Garefino. She's the one who deals with S&P for SP. :)

Now, what about Craig and Clyde? Who are their counterparts?
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 28, 2012 7:17 am Offline
Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:39 pm30Nashville, TN
Four little words:
Lamest...South Park...EVER.
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 28, 2012 8:19 am Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
I thought this was a nice start to the back 7, very funny episode. Two things they apparently can't help but be sarcastic about met - the NFL's stance on concussions, and the de-barbaricizing of kid's football. Mix in Butters' creamy goo and this was a fun ride.
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 am Offline
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:26 pm55
Now, what about Craig and Clyde? Who are their counterparts?[/quote]

Clyde is #8, last worn by Kyle Orton. The Broncos traded Jay Culer for Orton in 2009, he QB'd until Early in 2011, when Tebow took over. He now plays for Dallas.

Craig's number, #9, was worn by Brady Quinn, a QB who sat on the bench while Orton was on the field in 2010-2011. He never played a single game for the Broncos, and now plays for Kansas City.
You know - I've learned something today.
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 28, 2012 10:08 am Offline
Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:34 am15
I actually loved Wednesday's night episode :lol: I thought it was an excellent way to start with the mid-season.

Here's my highlights:
Randy sarcastically volunteer to be the boys' new coach
The boys wearing bras and hugging each other :lol:
Butters' speech in the locker room
Butters' dad explaining Butters about his 'creamy goo' (which I found a bit disturbing)
Cartman recalls Butters "I don't have a dad" :(
Butters' collection of 'creamy goo."
Randy's sarcastic remarks at the game
"This is cum." scene and Butters' deadpan "What is sarcastic and what's cum?" at the end,

I thought the whole 'creamy goo' commercial was gross, I mean, extremely gross. Do they know that they were drinking a ten-year-old boy semen? Gross!

My rate for Sarcastaball: 8/10
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 28, 2012 10:45 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Now they do. :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 28, 2012 4:58 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Big-Will wrote:
Hate to break it to you and everyone else who've made memes of it already, but the fan does say "songs." That doesn't make the statement any less sarcastic though. :)

No, the fan said "song". I just checked.

I don't remember Randy wearing his Broncos gear during the preview clip. That may have changed between Sunday and Wednesday.

So after watching it again, I appreciate it even more. Most of the episode is spent building up the strawman that your typical fan who harrumphs little rule changes in football will do in defense of the status quo. Randy, Commissioner Goddell, and assorted fans sarcastically bring up the changes and those are embraced by public and Congress and so forth as representatives of "pussies trying to change football" in the eyes of the harrumphing fan. They have taken that strawman to the extreme and then say to us, "Is this really what you think football will be like just because they moved up the kickoffs or added a new personal foul?"

In other words, making football a little safer is not going to turn the sport into a bunch of bra-wearing, cum guzzling field fairies hugging around a balloon.

I feel like this episode sprung from a real world conversation the guys had or witnessed where person 1 rants about rule changes and throws out a slippery slope lament pretty close to what we saw. Person 2 is just like, "C'mon, that's just exaggerating... You really think that?" Then person 1 is like, "Uh it's called 'sarcasm', look it up..." You can probably see how the idea would grow from there.

Lastly, I think the "Butters Sandwich" that Wendy and Red were making would be an excellent avatar. He had a couple of great expressions on his face for a couple of frames.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1608: Sarcastaball* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 28, 2012 5:13 pm Offline
Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 pm7
I f*cking loved this one. GREAT one guys!

9/10

Sort by  
Page 5 of 7 91 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next