Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 7 105 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
*1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 5:40 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Airs on the east coast in about an hour!
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 7:09 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
Cartman said he could go from his bed to Wal-mart without touching the floor once, but isn't his room upstairs? Or did I miss something? Not important, but just saying.

Rascal tipping, oh my goodness... XD And Kyle's perky little tits?
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 7:12 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Hydroleaf wrote:
Cartman said he could go from his bed to Wal-mart without touching the floor once, but isn't his room upstairs? Or did I miss something? Not important, but just saying.

Same with Timmah going up and down Cartman's basement stairs in the Coon & Friends trilogy; the animation actually showed Timmah going up/down the stairs.
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 7:16 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Ooh, a mysterious exchange between Craig and Token at the act break.

"I'm fucking fat as fucking fuck!"
There's a Cartman line for the ages.

Didn't expect the James Cameron thing. And that song was just great.

When Fatass was bumming about his scooter situation, they used the music from Jared Has AIDS when he's all bumming about everyone being pissed at him.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 7:24 pm Offline
  • YIM
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Hydroleaf wrote:

Same with Timmah going up and down Cartman's basement stairs in the Coon & Friends trilogy; the animation actually showed Timmah going up/down the stairs.

Well, how about that! I guess he will. :lol:

"She's got a pig heart, and now she thinks she's a pachyderm."

This episode's great so far, but my mind feels blown because I wasn't expecting it to play out like this.
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 pm Offline
Pretty good Randy Newman there, Trey.

James Cameron seems like an unlikely guy to make fun of here. "No one has ever sunk lower." Just because he made himself into a modern Jacques Cousteau?

TLC hasn't stood for "The Learning Channel" for like 10 years now.
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 7:30 pm Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
Was there a point...at all to James Cameron? It added nothing.
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 7:32 pm Offline
Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 pm1
wow... that was terrible. south park has really fallen off this season. i wish they would look at their older episodes and compare them to these new ones, and see how these aren't funny at all, nor does it feel like i am even watching south park. it feels like a completely different show.
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 7:34 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
7.9/10
Nothing memorable, but a decent episode nonetheless. The whole bar concept was somewhat funny and Randy Newman was hilarious.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 7:39 pm Offline
Oh hell yeah; Michelle Obama kicking the shit out of Fatass! Awesome.

The James Cameron stuff wasn't all that great, but I did enjoy that little song. Nice fish eye effect on those shots of Cameron in the submersible.

My expectations may have been a little high. The guys went a little more serious than I expected. And it wasn't Fatass taking the lead anymore as the episode progressed. But any downside was more than offset by the First Lady opening a can of whoop ass. Certainly better than that boring debate I was watching before.

A couple ads for the Book of Mormon in there I see. :wink:
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 7:43 pm Offline
  • YIM
This was a great episode! I don't know how to put my views in specific words and examples for this one, though, at the moment. :shock:

As for the James Cameron parts, I'm not too great with movie and celebrity information, so parts like this fly over my head unless someone explains the joke or significance. I know about Randy Newman, but only his singing style.
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm Offline
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 pm28
I was actually surprised that South Park admits to "lowering the bar." Reality tv is way worse than any South Park episode. I mostly blame TLC (They still call it The Learning Channel after all these years?)

Token's role also surprised me a bit... it seemed to me there was no real reason why he wanted to make that documentary on Fatass, or if there was, I might've missed it. :?: (Was it because he wanted to make money off of other people's problems? He doesn't seem like the type that would do that.)

Anyway- one of my favorite episodes in a while. I loved how they made fun of Honey Boo Boo and her human thumb of a mother, and the motor scooter thing got me laughing everytime.

M&T, good job. Excellent episode. Can't wait for next week. :-D
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 7:46 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I really didn't like the episode, but I don't want to piss people off so I'll just list what I ***did*** like about it:

- The brief moment where we see Cartman heartfelt and realizing his weight, and his subsequent confession was great. If only it was more of the episode, it really was a potentially character-changing moment. Guess that's the last we'll hear of him being "big boned."

- "MY NAME'S HONEY BOO-BOO AND I'M A BEAUTY QUEEN BITCHES!" Perfect entrance, even if the rest of the HBB stuff was dumb.

- I don't know if I can count the stuff with Token as character development or not, but it shows Token is willing to place money over people, so I guess development? (Willing to exploit the boy who got him and his girlfriend together... tsk, tsk.)

- The really beautiful meta moment "We lowered the bar." Again though, I really wish we could've gotten more of that.

- 'Fighting' Childhood obesity. Heh.

- POWERED DONUT PANCAKE SURPRISE IS STILL AROUND! We haven't seen it since like, the very first episode.

Kinda funny we see James Cameron but we don't see Captain Hindsight, whom was based on him.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 8:18 pm Offline
Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm1
The only episode of South Park that did not produce one laugh for me. I never thought I would live to see these guys miss an irony - they mourn a lowered bar while being adult males calling a 7 year old female a pig. They were officially elitist snobs in this episode too. It's not even funny in South Park for rich guys to kick a poor family around because some of them are fat. Where did James Cameron come from? They didn't even have a funny song this episode. They actually could have used Randy tonight.
Re: *1609: Raising the Bar* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 03, 2012 8:30 pm Offline
Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:49 am4
The Honey Boo Boo bit had me on the floor; it was absolutely hilarious. :lol:

Great episode!

I am missing Kenny this season, though. :unhoodedkenny:
Maybe he's off doing Mysterion business?

Sort by  
Page 1 of 7 105 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next