Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 4 47 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 3:48 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
Unassumption wrote:
Quote:
Some parts were funny or interesting, but it felt so scattered sometimes.

Odd, it felt pretty much the opposite of scattered to me :I I'll agree that raising the bar was so "meh" i forgot it all already, but Sarcastaball was hilarious to me. It's been a pretty good season sofar.

Maybe I just need to watch it again and pay more attention. I might like it more then. I did think the episode was okay, though, even though I wouldn't call it amazing at the moment. I actually find Raising the Bar my favorite so far. :shock:
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 pm Offline
Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:08 pm1
Awesome episode, throw back to seasons 4-9.

I'm not sure if It's that I'm easily impressed or something, but I love every episode off season 16. and 15, and 14, 13, so on and so forth. I enjoy every single episode and laugh at all of them. IDK why some episodes get better "ratings" as others because in my eyes, they are all South Park :D.

However, this and Reverse Cowgirl are probably the 2 episodes that made me laugh the most of season 16.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 4:18 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
I've noticed something. Call me perverted but:

Season 9: Erection Day- Jimmy got his *thing* Butters was a secondary character

Season 16: Butterballs - Stan was jackin' it in San Diego, so he must've gotten his *thing* Butters was the main character of that episode

Season 16: Sarcastiball - Butters got this *thing* (main character of episode)

Also Gerald's "troubles" were also mentioned in Season 3's "spontaneous combustion" yeah. 13 YEARS ago.

Yeah but this episode was amazing. 9/10, funny the whole way through.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 6:51 pm Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm70
So far in season 16b...

Sacastiball - 8/10
Raising the Bar - 6/10 (half of it was 9/10 but the James Cameron parts really lowered it)
INSecurity - 7//10

I'll say this episode was much more consistent than Raising the Bar, which the whole James Cameron part in it seemed completely out of place and meaningless.

Other than that, the jokes were kind of average.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 7:08 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Have only watched it once, but even on take one this was extremely funny, it's at least a 8.5/10, maybe higher, I need to re-watch it a few times and see how I feel then.

It had me hanging on every line and scene and seemed to be over in 10 minutes instead of 20, very nice job M+T!!
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 12, 2012 12:12 am Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:21 am22
I'll give it a 7/10 for repeating the same two jokes for twenty two minutes... I did however find this Brinks Security video on YouTube which really shows how well Matt & Trey nailed that parody!

Brinks security vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syjM1dPriBA
Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 12, 2012 6:29 am Offline
Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:29 am3
Another fairly lame episode. Seems like their interns are writing script, and they don't really give a sh*$.

Last decent show was "1%" or maybe "Thanksgiving" from last season.

Wonder if they really are burning out and everything is "Getting Old". (worst show ever)

Hope they have not jumped the shark.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 12, 2012 1:18 pm Offline
Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:50 pm24
Best episode ever!
***Eric Theodore Cartman 4eva***
favorite characters: Eric Cartman & Kenny McCormick
favorite episode: Scotter Tenderman Must Die/ Cartoon Wars part I/II
pairings: Cartman/Kyle & Cartman/Stan
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 12, 2012 1:24 pm Offline
Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 am13
Another great episode! I laughed a lot during this, as I have with almost every show this season. They REALLY nailed the Bane voice. Looks like 16B might be as good as 15B. Better, even.

9.0/10
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 12, 2012 9:45 pm Offline
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 am25
I don't know why people keep saying that the home security guys were overused. Without those scenes, the episode wouldn't have worked, not to mention it was hilarious each time they were shown
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 13, 2012 1:22 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
queso6p4 wrote:
MoonBear70 wrote:
"You want that milk pasteurized?" "No, I want the milk up to my boobs. I can splash the milk in my eyes!" :lol:
That creepy Pet Semetary guy was in another SP episode, but I can't remember which one. Anyone know?

It was Marjorine which is another one of my favorites.

And Butters' Very Own Episode and Asspen.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 13, 2012 12:18 pm Offline
Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:35 pm12
The old mysterious man in the bar is a parody of Fred Gwynee's character Jud from the stephen king movie (based on the Novel) 'Pet Sematary' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP7zXMGMiHE

They have him to a T. It makes you appreciate the episode all the more.

The Butters episode partly parodied the 'Pet Sematary movie.

I get what a lot of people are saying about the recent crop of 'South Park' episodes. I share similar views. If you look at the early seasons, They're a different style from the middle seasons. Maybe Trey and Matt are just trying out a new style? They did say in an interview before that they wanted to get to the stage where their episodes got so weird that people just didn't find them funny anymore. Don't think that will ever happen though. I personally thought the Raise the Bar episode was hilarious.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 13, 2012 7:43 pm Offline
Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:47 am2
this episode was pretty funny... I still think they need to make more simple episodes like they used to... they don't have anymore "kids being kids" episodes as they call them... they cram too much stuff into them now
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 14, 2012 4:31 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Whew! Finally got time to comment on this eppy...

I was not expecting much out of this episode to begin with since I'm getting tired of M&T overusing Cartman and Randy Marsh as of late while neglecting Stan and Wendy.

That said, the episode turned out surprisingly good. The past two episodes had ADD-like storylines, but this one settled on a single premise and developed it nicely all the way through. The security hotline gag never got stale since the absurdity level was upped a notch with every use (though Ike's recycled drawing gag got old fast).

The best part of this episode IMO is all the examples of how Cartman's personality is shaped by his inner insecurities much more than anything else. Seeing him freaking out about Kyle stealing his stuff, burglars gaming the security system, and the Jewish populating growing was outright enjoyable.

I'll give this episode a 7.5/10. Would've easily been a point or more higher if it was more kids-centric. Enough with Cartman and Randy already M&T, give us more quality Stan and Wendy material!

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 14, 2012 8:35 pm Offline
Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:04 pm9
8 out of 10 by my count. It was an awesome episode, at first i seriously thought from the press release that kyle's mom was really having an affair, would have been a nice splash of drama, but the episode itself is just sweet, although Ike walking in on his parents doing it was really sad, it kinda reminded me of older south park episodes, where it's just a bunch of kooky antics, nothing too serious.

I loved the In-security metaphor in this episode, and how Cartman's kept going off every few minutes XD.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 4 47 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next