Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 4 of 5 61 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 16, 2012 12:26 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Wow, nice shot, Butters!

Based on the golfing clip, Butters seems to be joining forces with other Hawai'ians to lash out at the tourists for some reason. Kind of odd considering that's like half their economy. But they definitely copied the Titanic sinking (at least the movie version). When I first saw the cruise ship, my mind first went to that incident in Italy with that one running aground. But then, nope; quick Titanic reference. (Trey must have James Cameron on the brain this month.)

I see Butters and Kenny holding hands in that image, but before people go nuts with their slash fantasies, recall how Butters was resilient in holding his buddy's hand in "Super Fun Time" (much to the chagrin of Fatass.) I suspect we're just seeing a call back to that here.

It seems like most of the regular cast will be left behind pretty early in this week's eppy. I've got no sense of what kind of B story might be going on to involve the other guys. So it's the Butters and Kenny Show this week, I imagine. While I like those two characters, I don't think they've been paired together for any length of time, so I don't know what to expect. But kudos for Kenny being able to go to Hawai'i. He's earned a little vacation.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 1:19 am Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
Oh sweet jumping Jesus another preview!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl8txz84JMc

(semi preview, it's an extended one.. kinda)

XD
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 4:03 am Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
(ugly)Bob wrote:
Oh sweet jumping Jesus another preview!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl8txz84JMc

(semi preview, it's an extended one.. kinda)

XD

Well, that confirms the obvious fact that Butters will beat up Scott Malkinson. This makes me wonder if he'll attack or target other 4th graders as well.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 4:09 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
Either this is just a crazy joke, or Butters' tap-dancing "talent" has been taken to a whole new level. He doesn't even have to dance or wear his tap shoes of doom anymore to kill lots of people by accident. All it takes now is a swing of a golf club. Nice! Is that what he and Kenny have in common? Aside from their blond hair, I mean? Is it possible that Kenny's curse of immortality and Butters' talent of accidental mass murder stem from one source? If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that both Butters' and Kenny's parents were members of the same cult, for instance. I wouldn't even be surprised if Butters' abusive grandma turned out to be the head of that cult. But what does it all have to do with Scott Malkinson and Hawaii?
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 7:25 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
For what it's worth, this episode airs (EDT) in 0 days, 11 hours, 35 minutes, 15 seconds. What to check it out? Click on this link and you will see:

Click Here
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 11:13 am Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
Z...you are a troll. Stop it! :evil:

I'm just interested in what "pain" butters is in that would cause him to do all of this....and I'm sure some of his 'people' live in Hawaii...But Why? Boy this episode will be interesting. I just hope they destroy Pool little Butters. :chaos:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 2:48 pm Offline
ha. speaking of drama, i've seen enough drama and i haven't even been here a year

dammit now i sound loopy since ZZ deleted the post
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 3:01 pm Offline
(ugly)Bob wrote:
dammit now i sound loopy since ZZ deleted the post

No, (ugly)Bob, I didn't delete my post; I edited it for spelling, grammar, and was about to repost it when you posted. Here is the post you refer to:

mo303564 wrote:
Z...you are a troll. Stop it! :evil:

Don't derail the thread, Mike by insulting me. I have been disappointed so far with season 16B and now based on the clips and images I am stoked about the new episode and I am counting down the minutes to air time. That is not a troll. That is a SP fan who can't wait for the episode to air.

And Mike, I go by ZZ or Harry, not "Z." If I wanted "Z" I would have had a different user name. Don't derail this official pre-air thread into a new internet drama by calling me names. Sorry to disappoint you, but your plan to get me upset has failed. This thread, and this board, is a no-drama zone. Don't derail this thread, Mike.

Back on topic - I've been to Hawaii and I hope many of the sights I remember will be shown on tonight's episode (which airs in 4 hours) :D

I never would have guessed about a Kenny/Butters pairing. Never. Unlike other unusual pairings that could happen, such as Clyde and Kevin, or Token and Luigi, Butters and Kenny are main characters. And a combo that M&T have never put together before. Butters and Kenny. I can't wait!
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 3:05 pm Offline
maybe Butters' bouts of anger is from too much influence from Cartman!? that would be hilarious-- but predictable and we all know south park doesn't do predictable
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 3:21 pm Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 pm78
Butters. Kenny. Hawaii. This should be a sweet episode! Probably the best one of 16B. We shall see....
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 pm Offline
Well until the post air thread is up...

The "native Hawaiians" are all just white people. Nice. So far the point seems to be Hawaiians are douchebags?

It was great to see Butters tell everyone off. Especially fatass. Kenny is quite the author. And a good friend. He goes from not really hanging with Butters to being his besty.

Oh and "The King"; lol
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 7:24 pm Offline
Ah I see, the guys must have been annoyed by folks claiming to be 'native' on their last trip to Hawai'i.

I don't think Kenny is dead yet. I didn't see a body.

The eppy is stagnating a little for me in act 2. Maybe they can salvage it with an Obama appearance.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 7:25 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Post-air thread is up; sorry for the delays, we're experiencing some technical problems this evening.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 7:25 pm Offline
Well, the post-air thread for 1611: "Going Native" is open. See you there :)

Link to Post-Air Thread
Re: *1611: Going Native* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 17, 2012 7:34 pm Offline
So this is all about Trey coming to terms with liking a movie by a guy he didn't like? That was a long way to go for that. Kind of a down episode for me. It had some good moments. Kenny being the hero was great and angry Butters was pretty good. But overall, it was kind of meh.

At least we've got a teaser for next week already. All four boys trick or treating. Looks cool.

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 4 of 5 61 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next