Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 5 72 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Thank you. PostThu Oct 18, 2012 8:26 am Offline
Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:18 am1
just wanted to say thank you for making fun of the not so locals and leaving the actual native community alone. so yay you! I am a total white person and I support this episode.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2272Croatia (SE Europe)
This was... weird. I'm not sure what to think of it. I'll have to rewatch it.
It had some good moments. Elvis ghost was really funny.
Kenny's letters and 0Star Trek reference were good.
I liked Butters pissed off. He should have more moments like these.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 10:35 am Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
I consider myself I good fan of South Park. So I usually see what M&T are going for in an episode, you know the main idea that's supposed to get some point through... even if it isn't presented properly or executed poorly. With this episode I must have missed something. Can anyone tell me what was the lesson of this episode. All I enjoyed was from Act 1 when Butters pointed out all of the boys flaws, and in Act 2 when Butters said "I fell butter.. better" Were they parodying something, cause if this was just about "Native" Hawaiians and some stupid rewards card I am extremely disappointed. I feel as though this episode was a bank episode, just to get them by until they got to the Halloween episode. Is anyone else as confused as I am about this episode, or was it just Butters needed a vacation and nothing more.

P.S. I laughed at Kenny's narration voice and "Chi-Chi's"... a few people got that one I'm sure.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 11:03 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
There wasn't one, but they've had pointless episodes before. This one was just a look at how people who go native (read: have a house or condo there) treat mere tourists.

Trey has a house in Hawaii, so he's criticizing how he and other "natives" feel about tourists.

You can say this was a banked episode, yeah.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 12:14 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Butters sounds awesome when he's pissed off, just like Kyle and Wendy. Hope to see more angry moments from him in future episodes! Trey's definitely tops at voicing accents, but Matt and April Stewart seem better at conveying stronger emotions with their voices.

I must admit that the "Bunny" pairing works pretty well in a Kenny-helps-Butters situation like that airport scene. But let's face it, as long as Kenny can only speak in muffles, his self-expression is limited to gestures and actions so there is little that you can do with him. It's no fun relying on subtitles just to understand what he's saying.

I must admit I feel the same as the "natives" M&T satirized whenever I bump into tourist crowds trying to find their way to around SF, even though I live in the Silicon Valley and visit the city only a few times a year (fortunately these guys are largely quarantined to kitschy Fisherman's Wharf).

I'm confused though about how the chi-chi would help the "natives" fight the armed forces. Am I missing some innuendo reference here?

Wow...I don't know how I overlooked the fact that Ben Affleck's been with Jennifer Garner for years just as Butters did (I do know that he and JLo had broken up tho). Oh well, Hollywood romances are overrated anyways...

It's a ~8/10 for now. Kind of challenging to figure out how it stacks up relative to other episodes since it's pretty unique.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 12:30 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
JerWu17 wrote:
I'm confused though about how the chi-chi would help the "natives" fight the armed forces. Am I missing some innuendo reference here?

No, just that alcohol can sometimes make you braver than you should be, and the braver you are, the more you're willing to fight a perceived threat.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 1:05 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
@ (ugly) bob: When I watch a SP episode I expect to be laughing out loud. The fact I barely smiled in this one is not good for me. Some episodes just... suck.

@ ZZ: No I have not seen any Star Trek episodes so ya, guess this eppy wouldn't have made much sense to me. I'm over it, just trying to keep my fingers crossed for the last three of 16B to be really good episodes.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 1:10 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
Stanluv25 wrote:
@ (ugly) bob: When I watch a SP episode I expect to be laughing out loud. The fact I barely smiled in this one is not good for me. Some episodes just... suck

.....touche

Okay fine, scratch that. The only thing that matters is that you're hoping for more, so you haven't abandoned the show. NOW can you deny that statement!?

I do have a strong inkling Stan will be prominent in the one coming up
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 1:18 pm Offline
I will never abandon the show. They would really have to change everything for me to not watch. Kyle and Cartman are best friends, Butters is liked by everyone, Kenny never dies and is 'innocent, Stan doesn't have emotional problems and sucks at everything he tries... meanwhile the adults start acting like responsible parents and nothing crazy ever happens. Even then I'd tune in now and then to watch because I love SP so much.

Or they could simply run of out material and jokes and have celebrity guest stars each week like the Simpsons. I used to watch that show every Sun. since I was little but no longer do...

..... well this was a pointless long reply lol.

Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 pm Offline
Stanluv25 wrote:
I will never abandon the show. They would really have to change everything for me to not watch. Kyle and Cartman are best friends, Butters is liked by everyone, Kenny never dies and is 'innocent, Stan doesn't have emotional problems and sucks at everything he tries... meanwhile the adults start acting like responsible parents and nothing crazy ever happens. Even then I'd tune in now and then to watch because I love SP so much.

Or they could simply run of out material and jokes and have celebrity guest stars each week like the Simpsons. I used to watch that show every Sun. since I was little but no longer do...

..... well this was a pointless long reply lol.

touche
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 1:21 pm Offline
^ :wink:

I like to write a lot in case no one has noticed by now.

Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 1:23 pm Offline
Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:07 pm52
I've never been to or possessed any kind of strong feelings about Hawaii one way or the other, so I didn't really get this episode.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 1:24 pm Offline
Stanluv25 wrote:
^ :wink:.

:lol:

Stanluv25 wrote:
I like to write a lot in case no one has noticed by now.

i noticed that. i try write as little as i can or if i have to, i can write massive essays on here in reply. the reason i try be brief, most people don't like the long responses but if someone has a dense discussion, i have to make my essay response style dense discussion reply... speaking of dense essay response replies this is turning into a dense-- ima stop here..... no. when i sometimes make a review here, i tend to roll out the words, turning it into some extended review...
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 2:30 pm Offline
There is always 20 things in my head I want to say at any given time usually and if I don't write down the majority, it frustrates me. It's that story-teller side in me, I just have to say it all! :) And I actually prefer reading long replies as well.

Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 2:32 pm Offline
i do say a lot, i just congeal it as much as possibleh

Sort by  
Page 3 of 5 72 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next