Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 5 72 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 4:56 pm Offline
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am37
LOL at random conversation.

I enjoyed it. In fact, I have come up with a random theory as to why Elvis showed up: he was once immortal, just as Kenny is now, but when he died, his mother was already dead, so he couldn't be reborn. However, he was sent back to Earth anyway, and now roams the earth as a lost soul. This would explain why "In the Ghetto" so perfectly matches Kenny's life (a boy is born in a poor area, dies, another baby is born). It was a prophecy made by Elvis, the Old One. And all his music was inspired by Erich Zann. Also, Kenny's writing style sounds like one of H. P. Lovecraft's narrators.

I was bored today, as you might guess.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 5:02 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Elvis filmed "Blue Hawaii" in Hawaii. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 5:12 pm Offline
Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:10 pm1
that was not funny... i quit south park
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 5:14 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
dap00ndestroyer wrote:
that was not funny... i quit south park

Thanks for watching the show as long as you have. See ya.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 6:28 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
watching the ep. 9mins. in so far, and I like what I'm seeing. You know Kenny's in a warmer clime, he's taken his gloves off. Gosh his hands must've been sweltering. :lol:
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 6:48 pm Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm70
I think I need to rewatch this episode to see if I catch anything funny in it the second time around. I guess the whole Butters going crazy in the beginning was kinda cool but the moment it was said that he was Hawaiian, the rest of the episode fell flat.

Butters sinking the cruise ship was lame.

Chi-Chis, was that suppose to be a Popeye/spinach reference?
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 7:29 pm Offline
Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:47 pm1
i think it was a good episode was very happy to see butters get angry, although the reason was pretty weird, i think kenny and butters would look so cute together
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 7:34 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
This episode felt very audience specific, so it fell short on me.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 7:44 pm Offline
Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:25 pm3
Great
-Butter's anger at the beginning
-The ship sinking along with the "I LOVE YOU!"
-Elvis
Not so great
-Basing an entire episode around an average joke and a really unfunny hyperbolic reaction. (They took 'er cards)*
-Lack of Butters + Kenny dialogue, seems Kenny was just shoehorned in there
- Not many, if any, funny jokes thrown in.
I give it a 6/10. Disappointing since the idea of a Kenny and Butters pairing intrigued me as they're my two favorite characters.

*Example of an extremely funny hyperbolic reaction.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 7:53 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I got a nice little kick out of the ep. Might be the anesthetic and hydracodone talking though. This version of SP adults being total idiots is a flavor I like, rather than them just being stupid for stupid's sake. True, I wish Kenny had had more muffled lines, but the letter narration was just plain funny. :) I also wish we had been treaten..ed to more of Trey's Elvis.
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 8:08 pm Offline
Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:56 pm1
I really enjoyed this episode! It was fun to see Butters freak out a bit and the Hawaiian "natives" had me cracking up the whole time. The golf ball-assaults, Kenny's letters, even the scene at the airport made me laugh. I'll admit I was only vaguely aware of the "native" Hawaiians the show made fun of, but those kinds of people are common enough in the world that I found no difficulty in the subject of their satire.

All in all, one of my favorite episodes so far this season. :)
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 11:32 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
JOSHSKORN wrote:
Chi-Chis, was that suppose to be a Popeye/spinach reference?

I don't actually think its the reference I'm thinking of, or anything else at all. But, I know the Japanese meaning of Chi-chi is breast or boobies! Which in my messed up head, every time they said it I'd replaced it with boobs and made me laugh. If it is an actual drink, it doesn't sound too bad. Other than that I have no ideas as to what they meant by Chi-chi's.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 11:37 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
It's a real drink, guys. It's a piƱa colada with vodka instead of rum.

But Trey also used "chi chis" way back in the first season, when it meant tits.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 18, 2012 11:41 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
Hm! i thought it was a take on the Pina-Colada since the Pina-Colada is drank primarily in hotter climates e.g. Hawaii (from my experience) ....sounded like a tequila?
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: *1611: Going Native* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 19, 2012 12:03 am Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7971Montgomery, AL
Not bad. 7.5/10. It started off stronger than it finished, otherwise it might have gotten an 8/10.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 5 72 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next