Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 21 of 22 320 posts Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Feb 05, 2012 3:39 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
They ridiculed cancer and AIDS and you didn't find it offensive, but aspergers is where you draw the line? Very Chef-like of you...

Quote:
and it being SP, shouldn't be too surprised Stan was diagnosed with something without further testing

Comedy nesicarilly exagerates. You can't fit every detail into a <30 minute show too.

I laughed at the show. I can laugh at episodes I don't agree with the message of. This one didn't dwell on the aspie stuff and what it did say didn't seem to be making a point about it, so much as playing with concepts about it already widespread in the culture. I don't think it was making any serious point either way about it. You can laugh at the misconceptions if you don't agree, though I'd agree to an extent with the misdiagnosis thing. I don't see them insulting or praising anyone just making jokes.

Looking at the rest of the season...it's never going to be mentioned again like Stan's asthma. Except in fanfic lol.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Feb 05, 2012 11:08 pm Offline
Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:07 pm8
Good God! My post actually went through!!!

Don't worry, Unassumption. I haven't drawn the line, because the episode doesn't really make fun of AS. It makes fun of the people who don't understand AS, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I was just wondering why no one in the episode attempted to contact Stan's doctor, whose diagnosis of Stan was much more accurate (AKA: being a cynical assh*le). As I said before, I praised the episode for how it handled the material. I may have looked too deeply into it, but my interpretations were primarily positive.

And no, I'm not turning into a Chef, like he was in the episode "Chef Goes Nanners." I'm not really reactionary, and I hope not as reactionary to the level Chef. If you're referring to Isaac Hayes, although I've idolized the movie Shaft which he provided music for when I was in middle school, I think he was not mentally right after his last episodes with SP. The once mighty man just got sucked far too deeply in the modern equivalent of a Lovecraftian cult, and became cruo rud'minuox in the midst of cruento paashaeximus (PS: this is the cultist language from the game BLOOD, by the way). In a way, he was kind of like the celebrity embodiment of a Greek tragic hero: he was great, but hubris and physical maladies brought him down. I really wish he didn't fall out with M&T, because his work for them was brilliant.

Besides, Unassumption, this kind of converstation has gone on LONG before I came to comment, so I have no interest in restarting an SP tribal bloodbath. Some of my fellow kin have already got the Chef-label over intensely intellectualizing the episode, and I have no interest in continuing that legacy. Even though I bear the name of Orgazmo's nemesis, Neutered Man, I'm not THAT invincible

I absolutely agree with you. Comedy necessarily exaggerates, and I am amazed by how far the absurdist exaggeration has grown and matured in the show. This episode unique experiment for the writers, in my opinion.
oh? PostMon Apr 02, 2012 2:26 am Offline
Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:23 pm0
so thats y people start drinking stuff just seems sh*tty to them
I have Aspergers PostFri Apr 06, 2012 11:56 am Offline
Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:39 am0
I have Ass Burgers?
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 5:18 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I can't help but think how incredibly stupid Mr. Mackey was in thinking Stan had Aspergers. It just sounds silly. This boy comes into your office crying and upset and pretty unresponsive and you think he has Aspergers? Depression makes a lot more sense if you ask me.

And have to lol at the news report. 'First known case of a child getting Aspergers from the flu shot'. Makes it even more ridiculous and proof that well, there is no proof the shot causes problems. I wonder if anyone was like 'sh*t! The shot actually gave a kid some sort of health issues?!'

Funny really. Had to say this. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
PostTue May 08, 2012 6:08 pm Offline
Tue May 08, 2012 5:34 pm0
this is awsome
Ass Burgers dual-episode PostTue May 29, 2012 5:46 pm Offline
Tue May 29, 2012 5:43 pm2
This is by far one of their most amazing episodes. I was absolutely blown away by it; by the way, it has NOTHING to do with Aspergers and anyone pissed off about how people with Aspergers were portrayed need to realize that. It was entirely about Stan.
South Park: Ass Burgers PostSat Jun 30, 2012 4:22 pm Offline
Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:11 pm0
I thought this episode would be funny and about Cartman wanting to get aspergers but its just so depressing
Re: Ass Burgers dual-episode PostTue Aug 07, 2012 9:09 pm Offline
Wed May 09, 2012 4:06 pm0
koobz2142 wrote:
This is by far one of their most amazing episodes. I was absolutely blown away by it; by the way, it has NOTHING to do with Aspergers and anyone pissed off about how people with Aspergers were portrayed need to realize that. It was entirely about Stan.

I HAVE ASPERGERS AND THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT ASPERGERS AND ITS NOT ONLY ABOUT STAN, IT MAY SEEM THAT WAY TO YOU BUT ITS NOT. ANYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO BE MAD ABOUT THIS EPISODE. ITS NOT RIGHT HOW THEY MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE WITH ASPERGERS, WITH DISABILITIES, AND RELIGION. I DON'T CARE IF IT SEEMS FUNNY, PEOPLE SHOULD REALIZE THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH ASPERGERS SYNDROME AND THEY ARE PERFECTLY FINE. I GO TO SCHOOL LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND I GET GOOD GRADES ASPERGERS DOES AFFECT ME BUT I TRY MY BEST TO GET AROUND IT. I JUST CAN'T STAND WHEN PEOPLE MAKE FUN OF ASPERGER SYNDROME BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW ITS LIKE TO BE SOMEONE WITH ASPERGERS. I THINK THOSE THAT HAVE ASPERGERS, ADD, ADHD, AND OTHER DISORDERS ARE THE MOST SPECIAL PEOPLE OUT THERE IN THE WORLD BECAUSE PEOPLE BORN WITH THE DISORDER HAVE TO GO ON LIFE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE BUT SOME DO HAVE TO PUSH THEMSELVES. I HAVE BEEN WITH OUT A IEP FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS I STRUGGLED TO KEEP UP WITH ALL MY CLASS MATES BECAUSE I ONLY GOT IT FOR MY SPEECH BUT NOW I HAVE A IEP ONCE SCHOOL STARTS I'LL BE IN 10TH GRADE. I'VE HAD A HARD TIME FOR THOSE YEARS I'VE GONE THROUGH A COUPLE ASPERGERS MELT DOWNS AND IT WASN'T FUN.
surprised stan didnt commit suicide... PostFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 pm Offline
Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 am0
PLEASE tell me the matrix people were just cynic alchoholics, and werent actually right. please...
PostFri Oct 05, 2012 10:28 pm Offline
Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:04 pm0
The last two episodes have been kind of heavy
Lol PostSat Oct 20, 2012 3:50 am Offline
  • YIM
Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:33 am0Bucuresti
This kinda sucked, lol!
Lol PostSat Oct 20, 2012 3:50 am Offline
  • YIM
Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:33 am0Bucuresti
This kinda sucked, lol!
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostMon May 27, 2013 1:04 pm Offline
Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:20 pm12
kalbahamut wrote:
Lvia wrote:
As a conspiracy theorist, I interpreted the message of this episode rather quickly and found it to be genius. If I misinterpreted it wrong, eh, that's on me... but after the show ended, I thought, "Wow... either you got it and thought it was excellent, or you didn't get it, felt mindfacked/confused and thought it was not funny at all."

I hope the whole season has this kind of humor. It's what makes the show special after all these years.

You can find out how Matt & Trey feel about conspiracy theorists if you watch The Mystery of the Urinal Deuce.

... AND a history channel thanksgiving. ;)

Who cares what they think about CT's. Making fun of everyone is what makes the show funny to me. I don't take it personal.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostMon May 27, 2013 1:10 pm Offline
Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:20 pm12
Also, my son has high functioning autism and I didn't find any of it derogatory. I felt it was showing the people with aspergers to be putting on a "front" of looking off the wall because secretly, they were so intelligent that they had it all figured out. Being above the norm, if you will. Also, making it matrix-like, I loved it. You may understand the episode more if you were a big matrix fan like I am! (This world is not real, etc)

Everyone can have their own opinions and that's what keeps everyone talking about the show nearly twenty years after it started. But - to think they were blatantly being hateful towards people with a disability - come on. I mean, come on! (In Jimmy's voice)

Sort by  
Page 21 of 22 320 posts Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next