Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 4 59 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 22, 2012 4:27 pm Offline
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am37
BRMBug wrote:
maxbjr wrote:
I'm surprized no one pointed out the Big Bang Theory refference with Stan running around on a monitor like Sheldon once did.

I totally forgot about that... but didn't they do that on ER and/or Scrubs too?

I think a lot of shows have done it. I feel like I've seen it a lot, although I can't really pinpoint where.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 22, 2012 4:28 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Since Halloween happens to be next Wednesday, I'm going to give some weight to the two-parter speculation. If you're going out of your way to make a holiday episode for a holiday that happens to be on a day you air, why have that holiday eppy the week before? Because it's only part 1? I think that's a reasonable guess.

So I see Randy coming in with gift-wrapped boxes and a bottle of champagne while the rest of the family is carving a pumpkin. It's almost as if he's trying to celebrate all of the end of the year holidays all at once. He's got some Christmas presents and some bubbly for a New Year's toast? That's three of 'em right there.

That feels like a B-story to me. All four boys dressed up as superheros just screams for the attention of the main plot. Look how well all the Coon and Friends/Mysterion stuff worked. Yeah, I think the focus has to be some Halloween adventure for the guys. Their first task is to liberate Stan from whatever bullshit Randy is into this week.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 22, 2012 4:48 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1434in a secret underground bunker
Lame storyline thus far. It explains the situation..but who in blue blazes would tell his kid that he cannot go trick-or-treating to help him with a business project? :roll:

Plus the Bruce Vilanche thing is getting old. The first preview clip from 2 weeks ago seemed better. I don't need to spell out the "Avengers".

Maybe I'm just tired. But I'm not the most thrilled suddenly in regards to this episode :|

But maybe that is it...the kids go on a mission (EP2) to save Stan from Randy's "fun time" for Stan. I mean...who's to say that this ends with Halloween? Could the whole Christmas thing mean that he wants Stan to be home more and 'away' from the others because Randy's New Job and Ego has gotten too big...just a thought :? :cry:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 22, 2012 5:28 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18779I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Oh my God, I totally forgot about Dad's Hulk story. Okay, Halloween: 1980-something. Dad answers the door at my Aunt's house, and two girls brought their green little brother trick-or-treating. "He's The Hulk" they said. "Oh neat! How'd you do that?" said Dad. "Oh, we threw him in the bathtub with green food coloring!" they said. Then he said "Oh neat! But how are you gonna get it off him?" Their eyes got as wide as dinner plates after that. :lol:
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 22, 2012 6:16 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Stanluv25 wrote:
Funny how it says the boys' favorite super heroes but when have they ever mentioned them?? I see Kyle's fav being Spiderman, Stan's is Batman, and Cartman's... maybe it is the Hulk lol.

Avengers was huge this year, though. Like mega super huge. (Because it was a super hero ensemble movie drenched in awesomesauce.) I can see the boys getting all into it and picking their favorites. Also, I'd say the choices suit them fairly well.

Kyle looks weird with the hat on his Thor hair. I understand the point of it, but I don't really approve.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 23, 2012 11:45 am Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
And Randy's business venture is............ BLOCKBUSTER?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypnvmFQkosA&feature=plcp
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 23, 2012 12:52 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
nwt000 wrote:
And Randy's business venture is............ BLOCKBUSTER?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypnvmFQkosA&feature=plcp

Strange considering most Blockbuster stores are shutting down in favor of the online rentals. I'm thinking Randy will have more to do with hunting ghosts for a business venture. Blockbuster is just a way of getting him there.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 23, 2012 1:46 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18779I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Well, this looks interesting. I did get a giggle out of the new clip.
(please let the new bidness venture be a Beta-Barn)
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 23, 2012 8:18 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
Is all this leading up to a play on Blockbuster/Ghostbusters? :P
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 2:18 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Well I know the Avengers was big this year. Probably why the boys go to dress up as them. But I'm pretty sure they weren't always fans.

Didn't see the new clip, it's Randy so it's something I can wait until tomorrow night to watch. I'm nervous of how much Randy will be in it. :/ And I wonder what the big 'thing' of the episode will be. Going around trick-or-treating doesn't sound too eventful, even if Stan's using face time. Will most of the scenes be him helping Randy, or will something happen during their trick-or-treating? Hm..
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 7:34 am Offline
Wed May 20, 2009 3:16 am41New Mexico
I worked in a video store years ago. I can't wait to see Stan reluctantly sucked into helping his dad run one (I think)

Randy has Jameson. Will we see more Ass Burgers, Stan? I hope so. I love him as a budding alcoholic. :P
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 11:21 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls wrote:
Is all this leading up to a play on Blockbuster/Ghostbusters? :P

Could be, but I didn't want to be the first one to go there :P
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 1:27 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Okay that cements Randy's storyline tonight. He's had a lot of terrible ideas over the years, but trying to resuscitate a dying industry like video stores is one of his worst. It raises my expectation that Randy will have the B story with this doomed little scheme. I still think most of the time will be spent on the boys' Halloween adventure.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Facetime* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 3:54 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Detectivesandyvagina wrote:
I worked in a video store years ago. I can't wait to see Stan reluctantly sucked into helping his dad run one (I think)

Randy has Jameson. Will we see more Ass Burgers, Stan? I hope so. I love him as a budding alcoholic. :P

Haa, I would love to see more drunk Stan. So against children drinking but man those scenes were funny. :lol:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 4 59 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4