Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 7 98 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 7:59 pm Offline
Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:08 pm35New Jersey
Hydroleaf wrote:
smallboy302 wrote:
Did Kenny have ears??

I didn't even notice that! XD Maybe the mask string goes behind his ears and pushes them up into view.

It was driving me crazy the entire episode. I'll just use your explanation to make me feel better :lol:
South Park is my favorite show! Watch it.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 8:10 pm Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
I feel sorry for the few of you who didn't really enjoy the new episode. You might want to give up on watching new South Park episodes if this one didn't satisfy you. I've been watching this show since it began and I do think the show is going downhill but this halloween episode was a CLASSIC. It was interesting and funny from beginning to end. You don't really see that anymore these days with South Park. If this episode didn't satisfy you then give up. You don't know real comedy.

This was a VERY VERY SOLID EPISODE!! I loved it!
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 8:11 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
this episode was amazing. loved the large amounts of "The Shining" references.

loved the boys playing the avengers, and Cartman's "Oh sh*t, there's a lot of them."

Side note: i hate that damn song that was used during the contest.

Curious thought, did the boys win the contest?
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 8:35 pm Offline
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 am25
Randy's balls wrote:
I feel sorry for the few of you who didn't really enjoy the new episode. You might want to give up on watching new South Park episodes if this one didn't satisfy you. I've been watching this show since it began and I do think the show is going downhill but this halloween episode was a CLASSIC. It was interesting and funny from beginning to end. You don't really see that anymore these days with South Park. If this episode didn't satisfy you then give up. You don't know real comedy.

This was a VERY VERY SOLID EPISODE!! I loved it!

Took the words right out of my mouth :)
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 8:42 pm Offline
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am37
Man, was that episode great. I liked the Randy parts, although that might be an unpopular view, but what really did it for me was the animation. It made it look so ridiculous, I couldn't keep myself from laughing. The boys' plotline was funny, too. I loved the parts with Stan on the iPad, although I do wish we could have seen Wendy win the costume contest as Chewbacca. Oh, well. All in all, my favorite episode of 16B, right above Raising the Bar.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 9:31 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
It was enjoyable. A few more laughs than the previous ones, and probably the best this season. At least they did something with Kenny. Shit, that was overdue.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Am I really the only one who thought this episode was meh?
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 9:47 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Look, I know I'm about to bitch to my heart's content, but it was a DECENT episode - but let me bitch. I've kept my mouth shut on most of the previous episodes. Let me have this one?

We had a gold nugget of a kids' plot overtaken by a terrible Randy plot that didn't know what to do with itself. Everything with the kids in their costumes, besides the brief bit where Kyle's iPad is taken, was pretty golden and great. Randy's plot was tired and one-note, and mind you, I usually like Randy's plots - but his part could've been a wholly different, non-Halloween idea and worked probably better.

Maybe what bothered me about Randy's plot is that there's not much of a hook - why are we supposed to care? We mostly see Randy being creepy, but we know Stan, Sharon and Shelly will come out perfectly fine, so what's the point? Especially since Randy doesn't DO anything - but on the same token, him attacking his family would just about destroy him as a character, so it's somewhat understandable. Stan's kind of missing due to his involvement in the other plot, and Sharon doesn't do much, but I loved Shelly's part, it's great to see her. Shame Marvin or Jimbo couldn't have been involved to make it a little more fun. Overall, the was flat and predictable, therefore boring.

Now the kids - that was a gold nugget of a plot. We get to see a lot of classic South Park stuff again - Hell's Pass Hospital, the Police as half-competent, the good ol' costume contests. We get to see some of the other kids (I think this is the first time Filmore's name has been dropped in a decade) but they don't overtake the boys. I disliked the bits with Kyle's iPad, especially in light of his previous experiences, but it was a solid enough plot to forgive and forget. But...all the drama on the costume contest and we don't find out who wins? For shame. I guess at least I can pretend Wendy as Chewbacca won, since Matt and Trey probably don't even remember the classic Halloween episodes anymore.

Basically, I feel like a great plot and a terrible plot got mixed together.

I would've done the stuff with the kids as a separate episode for October 31st, and improved on Randy's plot so it could stand as tonight's ep.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
I liked it, i liked the fact it was the 4 boys (sort of) heh working together without Cartman acting like a jerk. Kenny had some lines which made a nice change,only slight gripe is that the boys should have played a bigger part the randy stuff was okay though.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 9:52 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
JVM wrote:
Look, I know I'm about to bitch to my heart's content, but it was a DECENT episode - but let me bitch. I've kept my mouth shut on most of the previous episodes. Let me have this one?

We had a gold nugget of a kids' plot overtaken by a terrible Randy plot that didn't know what to do with itself. Everything with the kids in their costumes, besides the brief bit where Kyle's iPad is taken, was pretty golden and great. Randy's plot was tired and one-note, and mind you, I usually like Randy's plots - but his part could've been a wholly different, non-Halloween idea and worked probably better.

Maybe what bothered me about Randy's plot is that there's not much of a hook - why are we supposed to care? We mostly see Randy being creepy, but we know Stan, Sharon and Shelly will come out perfectly fine, so what's the point? Especially since Randy doesn't DO anything - but on the same token, him attacking his family would just about destroy him as a character, so it's somewhat understandable. Stan's kind of missing due to his involvement in the other plot, and Sharon doesn't do much, but I loved Shelly's part, it's great to see her. Shame Marvin or Jimbo couldn't have been involved to make it a little more fun. Overall, the was flat and predictable, therefore boring.

Now the kids - that was a gold nugget of a plot. We get to see a lot of classic South Park stuff again - Hell's Pass Hospital, the Police as half-competent, the good ol' costume contests. We get to see some of the other kids (I think this is the first time Filmore's name has been dropped in a decade) but they don't overtake the boys. I disliked the bits with Kyle's iPad, especially in light of his previous experiences, but it was a solid enough plot to forgive and forget. But...all the drama on the costume contest and we don't find out who wins? For shame. I guess at least I can pretend Wendy as Chewbacca won, since Matt and Trey probably don't even remember the classic Halloween episodes anymore.

Basically, I feel like a great plot and a terrible plot got mixed together.

I would've done the stuff with the kids as a separate episode for October 31st, and improved on Randy's plot so it could stand as tonight's ep.

Did you spot any other familiar characters at the Halloween Party?
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 pm Offline
Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:25 pm3
Wow was this episode amazing, definitely the best this season no contest.
Things that were great
-Jimmy's O-o-o-oo-ooa gangam Style
-Peterson getting shot, and the "we got the bastard!"
-The whole subplot of the 4 boys (should've been the A Plot), especially them trying to stop the robbery "Oh f*ck there's a lot of them!"
-Randy appearing behind Sharon when she was on the phone
-Mr.Mackey Gangam style
-"it's just a scratch" and the whole idea of Kyle's Ipad being treated as a real thing.
-Randy yelling at nothing
-Randy's end scene
The bad
-Randy obviating the Blockbuster jokes was lame
*Also two side notes
-I thought redbox was a credit/debit card service
-Why no conclusive end to the boy's subplot? Did they win?
Overall 9/10, definitely the best episode of the season
and I hope more episodes are based around the boys just being boys. Those seem to be the best episodes
i.e Good times with weapons, lil crime stoppers, Make Love not Warcraft etc.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 10:09 pm Offline
Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:05 pm1
Quote:

That was no mummy!!! That was 50 shades of grey!
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 pm Offline
I noticed people were posting pictures of someone at the party dressed up as Finn from Adventure Time. Too bad no one was Dipper or Mabel Pines from Gravity Falls.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 pm Offline
Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:01 am4
9/10 Easily in my top 3 favorite Halloween specials. This episode was a lot funnier than i thought it was going to be, since the slow start of season 16b. My opinion its the best episode so far this season. Loved Randy acting and talking like Jack from The Shining. When the boys were trick or treating, the people calling Cartman Bruce Vilanch was really funny. Reminding him hes still a fatass. Loved the facetime Stan. Where was stan at though? Havnt heard Shelly say "I hate this family" in a while. The costume contest was really funny, of course as was the song. Would of been perfect if Wendy would of won with her Chewy costume again. People, if you didnt like the episode then its probably because you havnt seen The Shining. Also the stuff about Redbox and Netflix is so true, just get netflix people. Great episode. Great Halloween episode.
Last edited by Thug Nasty on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
nwt000 wrote:

Oh let's see...
at least one Smurf
Spongebob Squarepants
Batman
Fred Flintstone
The Flash
Darth Vader
An Angry Bird
Brave's Merida
A luchador (masked wrestler)
skeletons, witches, and PSYs
...aaand Finn!

Thug Nasty wrote:
Where was stan at though?

At the Blockbuster, of course. Hiding from his father.

I think Gangnamstein scaring everyone out of the community center put an end to the costume contest and there's no winner this year.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 2 of 7 98 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next