Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 7 98 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 6:06 am Offline
Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:51 am7Thailand
I think is OK for this episode.

In Blockbuster enters scene with horror sound.
I think of Thailand's ghost TV programme "Kon Auad Phee" in Huanted Hose, Its look like The Marsh are entering into the deserted shop and prove to seeing ghosts.

Randy still an insane father.
Because I watch so much for Randy's episodes he is insane doing.
At the end, he still waits the customers, even though the rental was burned by Shelly :lol: and Shelly has made me laugh only in this episode.

My funny scenes such as
-Randy is waiting customers too long to let he feels likes a ghost.
-GANGNAM STYLE, I love it, I like Gangnam Style scene so much.
-Shelly burns Blockbuster.

If Stan dances Gangnam Style. I would call them is
GANGNAM STAN! 8)
I'm Thai and love to watch South Park (Specificly love Stan Marsh)
I always do apologize if I used wrong or mistake grammars.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 6:16 am Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
The staff at Kum & Go seemed pretty pleased to be on this episode. They re tweeted and posted a screengrab on their Facebook page.

Yes, Kum & Go is a real chain, mostly in Iowa. I took this picture traveling thru Des Moines a few weeks ago. In some areas of Iowa, you can find a Kum & Go on every corner.

Here's the picture:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s ... 5045_n.jpg
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 6:41 am Offline
Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:19 pm30Cheektowaga, NY
Its good to see a new SP Halloween episode. It was OK, but a bit underwhelming.

The overall Blockbuster concept was a good idea and some of the bits were funny, like the iPad-Stan being treated like a person by everyone. And Cartman as the Hulk was funny. But really, another "Randy acts exaggeratedly over-the-top stupid" episode? Sometimes, its funny, like in "The Losing Edge". But the last few years, its just getting old.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 7:04 am Offline
Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:56 am3
Great episode, especially after last week's. Not the best of 16B, but I think it was very funny (mostly the boys' plot, though; Randy's was decent, but took over what should've been the main plot.) In my opinion "Insecurity" is so far the best of 16B, and this came close to that. I agree that the whole iPad being treated as a person thing was a little too much even for the idiot residents of South Park, yet I found myself laughing a couple times at that anyway.

Best part was either the boys trying to stop the robbery or South Park Gangnam Style. I've been eagerly waiting an episode with Gangnam Style, finally got what I wanted :)

Really wondering what next week's episode will be about since they made a Halloween episode before Halloween...
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 7:23 am Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
Halloween is my favorite holiday. I'm not sure why this episode didn't come out next Wednesday since that is Halloween night but oh well.

If you look at South Park's Facebook page, you will see a lot of comments talking about how good this episode was. It's fine with me if you didn't like this episode but a few of you guys seem to be negative nancy's. The show started to go downhill a few years ago and now there seems to be no such thing as a great episode anymore. I think season 16 might be the worst season yet. I don't think this season is awful at all, just maybe the weakest compared to the others. Some of the complaints mentioned by people here didn't make any sense but I won't include names.

South Park fans are always talking about how great and funny Randy is but now you complain that the Randy Shining part of the episode went on too long? This was a very clever idea that Matt and Trey came up with.

This show is 16 years old! Some of you guys are just simply expecting way too much. Name some shows that were great for 10 years or longer without ever going downhill. There are Simpsons fans that claim that show hasn't been good for MANY years now. I find it hard to believe that The Simpsons have not had even one, two or three great episodes in the last 10 or 12 years. It's similar with Metallica fans, they want another Master of Puppets. Metallica is past their prime, it won't happen! Get over it and at least try to like the new stuff or move on.

Sorry for the long post.
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 7:46 am Offline
Randy's balls wrote:

It's fine with me if you didn't like this episode but a few of you guys seem to be negative nancy's. The show started to go downhill a few years ago and now there seems to be no such thing as a great episode anymore. I think season 16 might be the worst season yet. I don't think this season is awful at all, just maybe the weakest compared to the others. Some of the complaints mentioned by people here didn't make any sense but I won't include names.

Not true. "I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining" was brilliant IMO. And I liked "Faith Hilling" a lot too. But SP is falling into the same trap a lot of other long-time shows fall in - the "go with what worked before and keep doing it" hole.

It seems like a lot of scripts go: Pick a current topic, let the town's adults over-exagerate it - especially Randy, have Stan and Kyle annoyed over it, Cartman looking to scam over it, Butters be naive over it, resolve, learn a lesson, reset for next week.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 7:55 am Offline
DaleReeck wrote:
Randy's balls wrote:

It's fine with me if you didn't like this episode but a few of you guys seem to be negative nancy's. The show started to go downhill a few years ago and now there seems to be no such thing as a great episode anymore. I think season 16 might be the worst season yet. I don't think this season is awful at all, just maybe the weakest compared to the others. Some of the complaints mentioned by people here didn't make any sense but I won't include names.

Not true. "I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining" was brilliant IMO. And I liked "Faith Hilling" a lot too. But SP is falling into the same trap a lot of other long-time shows fall in - the "go with what worked before and keep doing it" hole.

It seems like a lot of scripts go: Pick a current topic, let the town's adults over-exagerate it - especially Randy, have Stan and Kyle annoyed over it, Cartman looking to scam over it, Butters be naive over it, resolve, learn a lesson, reset for next week.

I'm not bored with it. I actually can't get enough of South Park. I would rather have a few more "decent" seasons of South Park than to have them end the show after this season. I just want more and more.

What direction do you think South Park should go in. I think the show has changed when you compare these last few seasons to the seasons like 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. I don't think I can explain it very good but something is different about the show. They seem to focus too much on doing an episode about some story in the news instead of just doing more episodes with original ideas taking place in the town of South Park. I want more original ideas instead of an episode about some story in the news.

I thought the Faith Hilling episode was one of the better ones but the Ziplining one was hit and miss for me.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 8:23 am Offline
Randy's balls wrote:
DaleReeck wrote:
Randy's balls wrote:

What direction do you think South Park should go in. I think the show has changed when you compare these last few seasons to the seasons like 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. I don't think I can explain it very good but something is different about the show. They seem to focus too much on doing an episode about some story in the news instead of just doing more episodes with original ideas taking place in the town of South Park. I want more original ideas instead of an episode about some story in the news.

I thought the Faith Hilling episode was one of the better ones but the Ziplining one was hit and miss for me.

Actually, I think you are right about the current news episodes. They shouldn't worry about a "timely" episode about a current hot topic. Focus on a good story. And while their one-week show turnarounds are legendary, maybe its time to go more traditional production process. Not the whole year that the SImpsons takes, but producing a good script in a week, every week for seven straight weeks can't possibly produce their best work. Start earlier and focus on the story, not current events. Maybe 10 or 12 episode seasons (5 or 6 splits) would tighten up their scripts. Though I imagine Comedy Central wouldn't be down with that last suggestion.

As far as "Ziplining" goes, granted, not everyone dug the switch-to-reality thing at the end. But it something a little different.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 8:51 am Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Great episode, I enjoyed it. It was nice to see another Halloween one.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 8:56 am Offline
I wouldn't want 10 to 12 episodes a season. 14 for me is barely enough. The summer long break really kills me too. Maybe they could make an episode every other week with a 3 month summer break. That would be 18 episodes a season. I would love that but one problem would be when they make a 2 or 3 parter and having to wait 2 weeks to see how the story finishes.

I just think we have to wait too long for new episodes. There's the summer break then after just 7 weeks we have to wait about 4 months for a new episode. It seems like just about every other popular animated show has more episodes per season than South Park does.

What do you think of my 18 episodes per season idea?

Oh and sorry guys if I'm going a bit off topic on this one.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 am Offline
Randy's balls wrote:
I wouldn't want 10 to 12 episodes a season. 14 for me is barely enough. The summer long break really kills me too. Maybe they could make an episode every other week with a 3 month summer break. That would be 18 episodes a season. I would love that but one problem would be when they make a 2 or 3 parter and having to wait 2 weeks to see how the story finishes.

I just think we have to wait too long for new episodes. There's the summer break then after just 7 weeks we have to wait about 4 months for a new episode. It seems like just about every other popular animated show has more episodes per season than South Park does.

What do you think of my 18 episodes per season idea?

Oh and sorry guys if I'm going a bit off topic on this one.

In the "old" days, 26 episodes for a half hour show and 22 episodes for an hour show were the standard for a season. Now, we are lucky to get half that. But I doubt Matt and Trey want to do more episodes per season. With other stuff going on (like their huge hit musical), they are probably trying to do less, if anything.

But other cable TV shows actually do less. When you look at other cartoons, like Adult Swim (Aqua Teen, Squidbillies, Metalocalypse), they average 10-12 per season. And those are only 11 minute shows. And their breaks between seasons are a lot longer. The same is true for other networks, like Nicholodeon (SpongeBob) and Cartoon Network (Clone Wars). Only Disney seems to crank out a lot (Phineas and Ferb). So, cable can get away with a lot less episodes. Only the major networks, like Fox (Simpsons, Family Guy, etc) do full 20+ show seasons. So, comparatively, South Park actually produces a fair number of episodes.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 10:17 am Offline
I wish they would at least do 16 episodes. I'm really only talking about this because I just love the show so much.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 10:47 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:37 pm41
Good episode. Funny without wasting time on worthless "shock". Never saw "The Shining" (and don't intend to) but I thought it was a well-done Halloween episode. The fire was a convenient way out.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 am Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
I thought that was great. I laughed harder than I should have at the Monster Mash part. And Kenny's voice was pretty cool.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 25, 2012 11:32 am Offline
I LOVE the way Randy said Shelly's name when asking about the Meet the Fockers copies!

Sort by  
Page 4 of 7 98 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next