Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 6 of 7 98 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 10:46 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Now that I've seen it again, I've caught a few more things that have improved my opinion a little. I still wasn't into Randy's Shining part until he took over Gangnam-stein. But even then, I find it hard to believe the cop (Peterson) wouldn't just open the jacket so he can see a little.

I somehow missed the Monster Mash lyrics in the dialogue the first time through. That was a good chuckle.
If there was any doubt that Sergeant Yates is the new Barbrady, the actions of those other two cops seemed to stamp it out. They act as though it's a running joke on the police force not to point out how much of an idiot Yates is.
Then when "Stan" was in the hospital and tells his friends that it's "just a scratch," I totally missed how great a joke that was the first time through.

So my opinion of Randy's A story remained about the same. I understood and appreciated the parody right away, it just wasn't that funny to me. Randy was the wrong kind of crazy. Usually, he's funny crazy, but this week he was more scary crazy (which I guess is appropriate and more in the spirit of the inspiration for that storyline). But I really liked the B story with the guys trick-or-treating and stuff and my opinion of that part of the eppy only improved; enough to drag up my opinion of the episode as a whole.

Two more thoughts:
1. I'll bet this episode was intended to actually air on Halloween, but the guys couldn't get an idea together this week and just said, "Fuck it, let's do the Halloween show." That implies they'll really be flying by the seat of their pants for the last two of the run.
2. While I initially wanted a "and the winner of the costume contest is... Wendy, for her Chewbacca!" I have changed my mind. That was a funny joke because every other person at the party was dressed as Chewy. So this week, it should've been "And the winner of the costume contest is... Wendy, for her Gangnam Style!"
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 11:59 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
triplemultiplex wrote:
If there was any doubt that Sergeant Yates is the new Barbrady, the actions of those other two cops seemed to stamp it out. They act as though it's a running joke on the police force not to point out how much of an idiot Yates is.

Yeah, I've taken to calling him Capt. Yates (although he could just as easily be Chief Yates), 'cause he heads up the county police now.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 1:59 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Randy is such an overused character IMO, but it sure was fun seeing him making a fool out of himself. Now let's stick him in a mental institution or something for a season or two and give us a break from him. Shelly's nonchalant "go back to killing the family" quip and Sharon's deadpan exchange with Randy at the end were both comedic gold. I like them both way more than the oft-annoying Randy.

The face time trick-or-treating B-plot was clearly funnier. The premise of everyone treating iPad-Stan as the real person was perfect, especially its culmination in the melodramatic "dying" scene with Kyle crying desperately for a charger. Enjoyed the fat digs at Cartman as always. Chaz Bono lol...

M&T should've cut out some of Randy's ramblings to give the B-plot more screen time. That way there would've been enough time for the oft-aforementioned Wendy-wins-the-costume-contest throwback, only this time she swaps out Miss America (another Marvel Comics superhero) for Gangnam Style and Stan confronts her about it while "undercover". Man, what a missed opportunity for the chronically-underappreciated Wendy...

I'm happy that this episode exceeded my expectations. It's a tick above 8/10 (throw in another 1/2 point if they had incorporated the Wendy throwback).

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 2:07 pm Offline
Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:18 pm2
JerWu17 wrote:
Randy is such an overused character IMO, but it sure was fun seeing him making a fool out of himself. Now let's stick him in a mental institution or something for a season or two and give us a break from him. Shelly's nonchalant "go back to killing the family" quip and Sharon's deadpan exchange with Randy at the end were both comedic gold. I like them both way more than the oft-annoying Randy.

The face time trick-or-treating B-plot was clearly funnier. The premise of everyone treating iPad-Stan as the real person was perfect, especially its culmination in the melodramatic "dying" scene with Kyle crying desperately for a charger. Enjoyed the fat digs at Cartman as always. Chaz Bono lol...

M&T should've cut out some of Randy's ramblings to give the B-plot more screen time. That way there would've been enough time for the oft-aforementioned Wendy-wins-the-costume-contest throwback, only this time she swaps out Miss America (another Marvel Comics superhero) for Gangnam Style and Stan confronts her about it while "undercover". Man, what a missed opportunity for the chronically-underappreciated Wendy...

I'm happy that this episode exceeded my expectations. It's a tick above 8/10 (throw in another 1/2 point if they had incorporated the Wendy throwback).

Does anyone know when we can view the season 17 episodes online??
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 2:32 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
alex7173 wrote:
Does anyone know when we can view the season 17 episodes online??

This deserves a special ban. alex7173 is hereby banned until March 1 of next year. Goddamnit...
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 3:49 pm Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
Mamont wrote:
Not bad. Not bad at all.
Another Halloween classic.
Seems people didn't like Shining reference. I thought it was pretty good. I especially liked the conversation between Sharon and Randy at the end.
Finally the four boys together without Cartman and Kyle going at each other. Bit too much Randy for my taste, but it was okay.

thelastwalker wrote:
1)Helloween (Are you pagan? :assface: )

Christmas, Easter. Are you pagan?

How can an episode be a "classic" and at the same time just be "okay"?
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 4:46 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
It had a kind of old-school 'Park feel to it. I guess it didn't push all the right buttons for him.

I forget if I forgot to mention how much I loved Randy randomly crossing in the background behind Sharon when she was on the phone.

Oh, and everyone keeps going on about wanting a Wendy Chewbaca reference? How about if she was Ganhambaca instead?
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 pm78
WOW!! GREAT episode! Easily my favorite this season, with Butterballs a close second. So many funny moments!! Cool to see Kenny actually speak, even though it was as Iron Man.

Cartman as the Incrdible Hulk mistaken as Chaz Bono and then Honey Boo Boo!! :lol: I'm sure many people think the Shining references were too much, but it worked for me!!

This and Butterballs both get 10/10 from me! :D
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 7:49 pm Offline
Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:44 pm2
Bad episode. If this had been released 2 years ago, it might have felt like it was touching on a relevant topic. Netflix and Hulu don't have half the content on them that they had a few years ago. I've stopped using Hulu and I've come close to cancelling my Netflix. I need to rent movies and tv shows nowadays, especially when it comes to watching something released within the past year. Definitely the worst episode of the season for me.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 9:05 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Alright, last question: who was the Blockbuster Ghost? The one Randy ordered the DVDs from?
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 10:07 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
Big-Will wrote:
Alright, last question: who was the Blockbuster Ghost? The one Randy ordered the DVDs from?

Probably the previous owner of the store.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 10:51 pm Offline
Sun May 23, 2010 3:40 pm13
That makes sense, in The Shining, the main character orders a drink from the previous caretaker.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 26, 2012 11:08 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Hmmm, time for a GIS

Turns out it's the hotel's cook

The cook tells Jack about the previous caretaker, who had already gone on a killing rampage - killed his family and then himself. By this reasoning, Randy was talking to the ghost of an employee, who had worked for the previous owner.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 27, 2012 5:05 am Offline
Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:26 am33
Now this was awesome. this epsd. was a 9.5 for me. This is the kind of thing I like. And its very funny to me that when S.park got started Block-buster was still in business and doing well.
They could have put in a few more Shinning Ref's , like Randy throwing a tennis ball against the wall . or going after Mrs Marsh with a baseball Bat.
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY !
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 27, 2012 5:07 am Offline
Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:26 am33
Ruzlok wrote:
Bad episode. If this had been released 2 years ago, it might have felt like it was touching on a relevant topic. Netflix and Hulu don't have half the content on them that they had a few years ago. I've stopped using Hulu and I've come close to cancelling my Netflix. I need to rent movies and tv shows nowadays, especially when it comes to watching something released within the past year. Definitely the worst episode of the season for me.

------
I dont care about any of the above. Its not important to me...I love this episode.
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY !

Sort by  
Page 6 of 7 98 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next