Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 3 44 posts 1, 2, 3  Next
*1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 2:22 am OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
SOUTH PARK
TITLE: A SCAUSE FOR APPLAUSE
Episode #1613 Air date: October 31, 2012

A serious doping scandal shakes everyone’s faith in a beloved icon. Everyone who once supported the fallen hero, is now cutting off their symbolic yellow wristbands.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 2:45 am Offline
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am37
So obviously, this is about the Lance Armstrong doping scandal. It's interesting that Armstrong isn't named in the description or the clip. Will the beloved icon be Armstrong himself, or a parody of Armstrong? Probably the former, that seems to be the trend these days. It should be fun to see where they go with it.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 2:53 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
I agree. They can't make a parody of him when people know all too well that it will be about him.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 2:53 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
So will it be Lance Armstrong? I know he was in the new recently but forgot why as I don't pay attention to the news. But I know he started that yellow wristband thing. Right? Wow, I really am out of the loop...

Looks like Stan will hold part of the story two weeks in a row. Sweet.

Alas it is almost 3 AM so will have to check back later for promo images. 'Night! :cartmansmirk:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 3:10 am Offline
Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 pm13Wuhan,China
This seems to be another OK episode,nothing looks special so far.But a Stan's episode will be good.
Anyway,let's see what's going next.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 4:54 am Offline
Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:20 am4
Can someone tell me what does the title of the episode mean? Specifically the word "scause"? Sorry about my question, but English is not my mother tongue.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 5:14 am Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Stan's apparent support for Lance Armstrong seems pretty odd, it seems like he might be doping himself. I have a feeling a majority of his relationships with both friends and family will be tarnished. Also, Lance Armstrong already appeared in Sarcastaball in the commercial for Butters' Creamy Goo.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 6:01 am Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
Lance Armstrong...Really?!? :? :roll:

Well, I should have expected this...but that now almost means for certain that the final ep of the season will be based *somehow* on the election.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 6:42 am Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
IMHO, an election episode as the finale sucks, unless the person everyone is losing trust in is BARACK OBAMA! Then again Barack Obama wouldn't rock the nation with a doping scandal.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 8:00 am Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
I have a feeling this episode will be just like "Your Getting Old". You know, Stan can't move on and is super depressed, but everyone else is moving on. And Stan may have some drug use himself. (Happened in "Ass Burgers", maybe again?) That's my prediction.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 8:29 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
MitchConnerBG wrote:
Can someone tell me what does "scause" mean?

It doesn't mean anything. English has a habit of making words up. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 8:41 am Offline
If this is another episode where Stan's cynical or everyone hates him, you have to wonder if Trey is sick and tired of having Stan on the show, to the point where Trey wants him to take Cartman's place as the show's pariah, wants him dead, or even both. Getting rid of Stan would be the equivalent of Seth MacFarlane kicking Brian Griffin to the curb on Family Guy. In other words, he would be killing his fictional counterpart, which would be a massive mistake.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 9:37 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Ooo, a rip on Lance Armstrong! Well, not unexpected since the low-hanging fruit's much easier to pick. I'm calling next week's eppy to be about a hurricane and elections!

Man I sure hope Stan won't get screwed over in this one...

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 10:11 am Offline
Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:20 am4
Big-Will wrote:
MitchConnerBG wrote:
Can someone tell me what does "scause" mean?

It doesn't mean anything. English has a habit of making words up. :)

Thank you for your answer.
That was my first guess too, but I thought it might be some slang word I don't know.
It could be a combination of the words "scandal" and "cause". We'll see.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 11:59 am Offline
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am37
Hmm...I don't think that Trey is sick of Stan. He's fallen out of favor these days, with Cartman and Randy getting most of the attention, but he still has his uses, and we've seen him in some great roles lately, such as in last week's episode or Cash for Gold. I think this episode might put him in a role akin to Butterballs, where he'll be a jerk for the whole episode with Kyle playing the straight man. Or maybe Stan will be a really passionate straight man. We won't know till the episode airs.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 3 44 posts 1, 2, 3  Next