Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 3 44 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 12:55 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
MitchConnerBG wrote:
It could be a combination of the words "scandal" and "cause". We'll see.

Oh that's good. I've been rolling this word around in my brain periodically all day. At first I assumed it was a typo but then it was repeated elsewhere on the site. I thought I'd have to wait until Wednesday. But I think you've nailed it.

So there's the obvious Lance Armstrong connection with the yellow bracelet thingy. But there is also another situation like this going on in the UK with that dead bloke Saville. A long time beloved radio DJ and champion of various charitable causes turns out to have been raping teenage girls the whole time. This included like girls in a mental hospital or something.

Slightly worse than taking steroids to win a bike race, right? But it's another hero to zero story in the news currently.

I feel like my statements about Face Time are even more astute. (I guessed they guys couldn't come up with an idea for last week and just decided to blow their Halloween load they'd been saving for this week.) This is so current that they could've gone into it cold last week.

I just hope Sandy doesn't do anything to CC over in New York to deny us our South Park. That storm will still be shitting on the Northeast on Wednesday.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 12:56 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
We-ell, i dunno about you lot, but i am very happy that i think this might be focused on the boys this time!

XD XD XD XD XD
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 1:38 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
Love them press images, gonna be a great Stan episode. Stanluv I can tell your already happy, I know I am.
So Stan starts a cause for his faith in Lance Armstrong, gets in all Nike gear and gets the attention of newscasters. Maybe Stan thinks the whole think was a set up, to destroy our great national heros. I don't know, but what I do know is this might just be my favorite episode of the season. For this episode I'm going all in and saying this episode has high hopes from me!
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 1:49 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ You bet I'm happy! And are the press images up yet? :) Sucks that once again Stan seems to be 'going it alone'. Has happened a lot the past couple seasons. But he always gains his friends back in the end so not too worried something huge will shake his relationships with anyone that the whole show will change forever. But it will be nice to see Stan standing his ground for something he believes in. That's what he does and doesn't care if he's the only one doing so.

I will be out celebrating Halloween Wed night so won't get to see this ep. till later. Darn!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 9:17 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I've been rolling this description in my mind since lunchtime. I've been trying to figure out what sport they could use. Could it be a fringe sport like Bowling or Women's Archery? Then I realized there was no mention of sport at all. Now I'm wondering who or what this "beloved icon" could be. Could it be a character we haven't seen in a while? Big Gay Al? Jesus? Santa? Towelie? ...probably not towelie.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 10:11 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Meh. I'm not too excited for this one - but hey, maybe they'll surprise me, it's happened before. I just really wish the airdates had been switched.

Now, looking at the preview pics - the Hoffman & Turk lawyer from "Reverse Cowgirl" looks to be in the classroom with the kids. I don't know if it's really supposed to be the same guy, but it looks awful close, don't it?
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 2:23 am Offline
Saw the pics too. Looks like Garrison is writing down something with the title 'Rehab with Dr...' I think I saw. Will the kids be treated to ways to cope with the news of their beloved icon?? And aww man, looks like another conflict between our two SBFs. There have been a few since 'You're Getting Old.' Is Stan the new poster child of Nike or something? Not sure what that brand has to do with anything. And who is that crew of men in the room and why is Stan on camera?

Excited to find out!!

Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 2:37 am Offline
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 am25
This looks promising. I'm not expecting much, but it sounds like another Insecurity to me which would be good. Considering the first press release we got from Insecurity was very brief and sounded uninteresting, it was developed into a story that expanded and made for an epic episode. I'm hoping the same case is with this one
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 6:59 am Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
youreabsurd24 wrote:
So obviously, this is about the Lance Armstrong doping scandal. It's interesting that Armstrong isn't named in the description or the clip. Will the beloved icon be Armstrong himself, or a parody of Armstrong? Probably the former, that seems to be the trend these days. It should be fun to see where they go with it.

- Mr. Mackey holding sth with what looks like 'rehab w dr....'
- could be the cluster of celebrity gossip/scandals that have been popping up lately.

haha idk, we'll see. I'm excited as always
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Last edited by CartmansWhore on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 7:58 am Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
Stanluv25 wrote:
Saw the pics too. Looks like Garrison is writing down something with the title 'Rehab with Dr...' I think I saw. Will the kids be treated to ways to cope with the news of their beloved icon?? And aww man, looks like another conflict between our two SBFs. There have been a few since 'You're Getting Old.' Is Stan the new poster child of Nike or something? Not sure what that brand has to do with anything. And who is that crew of men in the room and why is Stan on camera?

Excited to find out!!

Lance Armstrong endorsed Nike before this whole scandal broke out.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 10:08 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Stanluv25 wrote:
Saw the pics too. Looks like Garrison is writing down something with the title 'Rehab with Dr...'

REHAB with Dr. Drew

Other things on the blackboard:
("Celebrities")

Alcohol
Cocaine
Painkillers

Rehab...
with Seth

And so Dr. Drew and his crew interviewing Stan in the classroom.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 12:21 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
Big-Will wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
Saw the pics too. Looks like Garrison is writing down something with the title 'Rehab with Dr...'

REHAB with Dr. Drew

Other things on the blackboard:
("Celebrities")

Alcohol
Cocaine
Painkillers

Rehab...
with Seth

And so Dr. Drew and his crew interviewing Stan in the classroom.

makes sense esp w Butters who had that outburst some episodes ago and so on
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 12:43 pm Offline
I see then. Darn, wish there wasn't answers 'cause I always love the mystery of each episode. Course there is still stuff we don't know but, ah well...

Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 1:18 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Why's everyone looking so deep into what Mr. Garrison's writing on the blackboard? It probably has no relevance to the plot, like the time he taught the class about Game of Thrones in Cartman Finds Love.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 5:45 pm Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
I have a bad feeling about this episode but the past 2 or 3 episodes have been really solid so I could be wrong.

Does anyone else think maybe it's time to introduce a new classmate like they did with Timmy and Jimmy? It's not like they have a lack of great characters but with the show seemingly going downhill, maybe they can spice things up by creating a new and funny character. Or if not a kid then some new adult character.
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob

Sort by  
Page 2 of 3 44 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next