Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 6 76 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 7:09 am Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Nice one.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 7:34 am Offline
Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:50 am1
Damn... best episode ever.
this wasn't comedy, this was political/society Kabarett at its finest. i don't think the common southpark viewer will understand this episode, at least i didnt see anyone in the comments yet, people concentrate to much on single aspects and totally miss the correlation and the whole picture in general.
The setting, the characters, the play on words, everything was well written and well chosen. totally reminds me of works from great german Kabarett artists.
loved it.
but it worries me how the first 2 sites of comments here literally beg for what was crisized/exposed in this episode ... the presentation was a bit to abstract and sarcastic / ironic for the target audience of SP.

just great work Matt & Tray, this was fantastic.

english isn't my main language, sorry for typos/errors/whatever.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
The Jesus angle made this whole episode, if it had been a straight up parody of Lance Armstrong, it wouldn't have been as good. I'd like to see what they do with the election, but I'd rather next week's episode be about something else
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 am Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
sLtR wrote:
Damn... best episode ever.
this wasn't comedy, this was political/society Kabarett at its finest. i don't think the common southpark viewer will understand this episode, at least i didnt see anyone in the comments yet, people concentrate to much on single aspects and totally miss the correlation and the whole picture in general.
The setting, the characters, the play on words, everything was well written and well chosen. totally reminds me of works from great german Kabarett artists.
loved it.
but it worries me how the first 2 sites of comments here literally beg for what was crisized/exposed in this episode ... the presentation was a bit to abstract and sarcastic / ironic for the target audience of SP.

just great work Matt & Tray, this was fantastic.

english isn't my main language, sorry for typos/errors/whatever.

I was drunk last night when I watched it and probably didn't care to think deeper on what it was about. I need to watch it again before I make my official review of it. I'm a bit worried that I still may not understand it though if it's political since I just recently started to give any sh*t about politics.

So I will watch it today and come back to let you all know what I really think of it.
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 12:01 pm Offline
Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:33 pm5
not nearly as bad as "Going Native" and had a few laughable moments, but honestly, the show is gradually becoming less and less funny and enjoyable to watch. I don't like sitting on my couch not laughing for 30 minutes every wednesday at 10...
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 1:09 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
Dear nwt000 or whatever,

Maybe calm down a bit on the whole "Girls get a part thing"? You post that on every forum and it seems now that it's more like blackmailing M&T at this point. And maybe a girl should get a bigger role, but really dude? SP has until November 2016. And who knows, the series finale might just be an election episode.

And yes, you do have your (limited) freedom of speech here, so if you don't care, you just don't care.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 1:14 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
99 i fail wrote:
Dear nwt000 or whatever,

Maybe calm down a bit on the whole "Girls get a part thing"? You post that on every forum and it seems now that it's more like blackmailing M&T at this point.

Heh, blackmailing. Like anything nwt000 says is going to sway Trey one way or the other.

nwt000, if you want more girls on the show, go make your own show. Otherwise, shut up about it or face up to a month ban.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 1:44 pm Offline
Respect Big-Will's authoritay! :)
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 2:23 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I was going to say- they did introduce a new character, a girl, this season. Nichole. I don't think we've seen her since but if we haven't, well, it means a new girl, or character, isn't really needed for the show. :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 2:29 pm Offline
I wish they could bring back the Mole from the South Park movie. That kid was awesome.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 3:37 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
While less haha funny than a number of episodes, this is a rather well written episode. Lots of word play and overlapping themes that actually worked quite well. I was never bored, but it wasn't the type of comedy you bust your gut laughing over. Nothing wrong with Trey changing it up a bit. I mean, writing Dr. Seuss inspired lines and actually doing it is not a simple accomplishment.

As far as everyone wanting certain things to come back, this season has done a lot of bring back some old running gags. Mr. Kitty, Respect my Authoritah, Mr. Hankey, Jesus, etc. They need to have new ideas and not just do constant throwbacks to the past.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 4:08 pm Offline
Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:47 pm10
I'm wearing a scause for 200/201 as well as a shirt promoting the same cause.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 4:11 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Ooooh, show us the shirt! :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 4:17 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Big-Will wrote:
99 i fail wrote:
Dear nwt000 or whatever,

Maybe calm down a bit on the whole "Girls get a part thing"? You post that on every forum and it seems now that it's more like blackmailing M&T at this point.

Heh, blackmailing. Like anything nwt000 says is going to sway Trey one way or the other.

nwt000, if you want more girls on the show, go make your own show. Otherwise, shut up about it or face up to a month ban.

I didn't mean for it to go that far Will, I'll back down talking about that for a long time. And 99 i fail, I am not blackmailing anyone and stop being a nuisance.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm Offline
Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:39 am6
horrible episode i didnt like it , it was funny at moments but over all it definitely belongs in the top worth south park episodes.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 6 76 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next