Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 7 of 7 98 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 28, 2012 2:25 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Marshall_Scotch wrote:
They could have put in a few more Shinning Ref's , like Randy throwing a tennis ball against the wall . or going after Mrs Marsh with a baseball Bat.

Well they had to be selective in which parts of The Shining to parody since "The Simpsons Already Did It!" in one of their earliest Halloween shows. The ongoing struggle for prime time animated shows trying to distinguish themselves from the enormous catalog of well done parodies and homages of The Simpsons will continue for decades.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 28, 2012 3:55 pm Offline
Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:12 pm3
I'm starting to feel like Randy is the main character and Stan, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman are supporting characters. I love how South Park evolves constantly, but I'm extremely unhappy with the direction the show is moving.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Hanna-hu wrote:
I'm starting to feel like Randy is the main character and Stan, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman are supporting characters. I love how South Park evolves constantly, but I'm extremely unhappy with the direction the show is moving.

While Randy has been a major player for the last several seasons, you cannot possible consider Cartman to be a background character. This season in particular has been dominated by him.

That said, when you get an episode of this caliber, I don't mind. Randy is great when used well and if not handled well can become obnoxious. This is probably the best Randy episode (beating the Little League ep) and easily the best of the season. His interaction with Sharon was priceless and hit nuttiness tied in well with the kids' subplot.

It's been awhile since they've done a Halloween episode and it is good to see it back.

For all the griping people make on this season there have been some pretty good episodes. Butterballs, Cartman Finds Love, Insecurity, and this one are all excellent and Several others like Raising the Bar are pretty good if not always bringing all the elements together (And South Park has always had that). Really, the only episode I really can't watch again is Sarcastiball and that falls under the category of owning a vagina makes humor centering around body functions and fluids less funny than it is to the penis wielders. I am a bit bewildered that people seem stuck in gripe mode now even when the episode delivers on all accounts like this one did.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 28, 2012 7:55 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Big-Will wrote:
Hmmm, time for a GIS

Turns out it's the hotel's cook

The cook tells Jack about the previous caretaker, who had already gone on a killing rampage - killed his family and then himself. By this reasoning, Randy was talking to the ghost of an employee, who had worked for the previous owner.

OHH! For some reason, I thought you were talking about the one he saw after leg warmer-girl ghost. I totally forgot he ordered DVDs from the cook/bartender.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 28, 2012 8:46 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
:lol:

The hounds, Mr. Bug! The hounds!

Emily I can understand - she's straight out of the '80s, when video stores first hit it big, but the Admiral, or whatever he was, I didn't get, and he didn't look distinctive enough for an image search.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 29, 2012 9:38 pm Offline
Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:44 pm2
Marshall_Scotch wrote:
------
I dont care about any of the above. Its not important to me...I love this episode.
Did you really just quote me to say that you don't care about my comment? If you don't care, then why are you replying directly to me? ... You're comment isn't important to me either, but that's because it's just fanboy drivel.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 03, 2012 2:39 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
Randy's balls wrote:
Mamont wrote:
Not bad. Not bad at all.
Another Halloween classic.
Seems people didn't like Shining reference. I thought it was pretty good. I especially liked the conversation between Sharon and Randy at the end.
Finally the four boys together without Cartman and Kyle going at each other. Bit too much Randy for my taste, but it was okay.

thelastwalker wrote:
1)Helloween (Are you pagan? :assface: )

Christmas, Easter. Are you pagan?

How can an episode be a "classic" and at the same time just be "okay"?

Heh! Good question. I didn't say the ep was just okay, I said that Randy's role was okay. I know, I should have made that clearer.
And I said the ep was 'not bad at all', which to me means 'pretty damn good'. I tend to be reserved when rating an episode, especially right after seeing it.
Re: *1612: A Nightmare on Face Time* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 12, 2012 6:17 pm Offline
Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:15 pm1
Take the shining, Kangnam-style and Halloween, mix it up and you get one of the best episodes.
Great work!!!

Sort by  
Page 7 of 7 98 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7