Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 4 of 5 65 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 05, 2012 5:08 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
Look, I already know Obama's going to win, but it's ridiculous that they're actually doing an election episode. We all feared this might happen, the chances of this going right are scary. My guess is the ending of the episode is not done until Wednesday Morning, just like Trey said they do, this means that the episode will correctly portray the events of the election on who wins. They are probably making an ending for both candidates, the one that loses will end up in the deleted scenes. Just my guess, you can title the episode Obama wins and have that be Cartman's goal. I hope you all remember your history classes, if the "Dewey Defeats Trueman" thing happens again, history can repeat itself!

I just see a lack of laughs from this episode, it will be as good as Faith Hilling but not better than Insecurity. I'm making my own prediction here, 7.5/10, Faith Hilling being a 7/10 and Insecurity being 8/10.

And WTF is wrong with Butters, is that a B plot I smell?
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 05, 2012 5:14 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
nwt000 wrote:
Back on topic, the combination of seafood and stolen ballots could play out to be rather hilarious.

Remember, half of the press images this season have had little to nothing to do with the actual plot, just a screenshot of a small scene.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 am OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
New preview clip going up. :D
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 am Offline
Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:19 pm12
Hahaha oh sh*t! Butters knows something and Kyle will not let go until he knows as well! Oh man I cannot wait till this episode comes out...

And Butters said he had to sacrifice something to do whatever he's doing....I really hope it is for the greater good...but knowing Cartman, that's highly unlikely.

Also, I know this is weird and would probably never happen, but I had a dream last night that Cartman pronounced to everyone that he was gay XD So I kind of freaked when this preview came on but I know it's not about that....though I didn't expect him to tell Kyle that he loved him on "Cartman Finds Love", so you never know with South Park...
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 06, 2012 2:47 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
nall wrote:
New preview clip going up. :D

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/6 ... -something

The clip looks promising. Maybe 1614 will be decent and help 16B end with a good episode. Thanks for posting this clip.
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 06, 2012 3:36 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
@ Big Will: I know, but Cartman will have a big role and he's already had such a role how many times now? Butters could be too. This season has been heaving on Cartman and Butters. The latter has 4 screen shots for 16- wow!

I just like to complain when I see Cartman/Kyle/Butters eppy and political stuff. Don't mind me... :wink:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 06, 2012 5:02 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18776I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Stanluv25 wrote:
This season has been heaving on Cartman and Butters.

The Cartman/Butters pairing is kinda their favorite thing to do. So much so that it's refreshing when they do something different, so I agree with you there. And me being the way I am, any talk about politics or religion just sort of turns my eyes into pinwheels, and I slump over and start drooling gently. I just- part of me doesn't understand it, another part doesn't care, and a further part is wondering what it'd be like if Obama and Jesus paired off in a UFC octagon. (despite my lack of caring about politics, i am gonna vote today.)

This ep does look interesting after seeing the second clip.
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 06, 2012 11:42 am Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Looks like we might be seeing all of the guys going up against Cartman tomorrow night based on the second preview clip. I think I'm a bit more excited for this one now.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 06, 2012 11:52 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Whatever Fatass told Butters is going to be a load of shit, I predict. The idea of Cartman doing something for the greater good is completely the opposite of who he is. Oh sure, he's been known to do 'good' things when also happens to benefit him. But I don't buy Butters implication that Fatass is being altruistic. I'm with Kyle on this one.

I'm starting to think that Butters might be in the hospital because the guys beat him up. Although his head is inconsistent with the show's portrayal of someone who has had their ass beat. Someone mentioned mumps, but I'm thinking more along the lines of an allergic reaction. So maybe the guys exposed Butters to something he's allergic to in an attempt to get him to talk about Fatass' evil plan.

What's clear from preview 1 is that Cartman has stolen a bunch of completed ballots from numerous states. I'm sure it'll be interesting why, but I can't imagine him wanting the black guy to stay in power given his entrenched racism. But I have a feeling the plot will be flexible enough to accommodate either outcome. Because if the story is all about what Cartman is trying to do and Kyle leading an attempt to thwart him, all you really need is one scene at the end that shows the winner.

Based on what I know, they should plan on using the "4 more years" option. Republican attempts at voter suppression failed in too many states where they attempted it so Obeezy is going to win.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:10 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Quote:
I'm starting to think that Butters might be in the
hospital because the guys beat him up.
Although his head is inconsistent with the
show's portrayal of someone who has had their ass beat. Someone mentioned mumps, but I'm
thinking more along the lines of an allergic
reaction. So maybe the guys exposed Butters to
something he's allergic to in an attempt to get
him to talk about Fatass' evil plan.

I was thinking more along the lines that Cartman found out that Butters grassed him up and he somehow gets back at Butters.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Well, at least we know that M&T manage to evade a potential Dewey/Truman moment with their episode title.
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 06, 2012 10:02 pm Offline
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 am25
I guess when I first saw the Butters pic of him in the hospital I thought it was the mumps symptom, but I guess on second thought it looks like a serious injury or allergic reaction. And I realized that the mumps is affected near the neck area.

Also, OBAMA WON GUYS!

Celebrate good times, come on!
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 12:16 am Offline
Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:41 pm2Everywhere
What is everyones problem with Cartman? He makes the show, he's bigoted, rascist, a hippie basher, devious and by far the smartest and most cunning of all the characters. Every other character plays off him, without Eric in an episode you lose a critical element.
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 1:55 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Am curious just what M&T were thinking when coming up with the title 'Obama Wins'. What if he didn't? Were they that confident he would win, or is there a hidden meaning in the title?

I'm happy he won. Don't follow politics or understand it, but I would have voted for him if I bothered to vote. Never got a good feel for Romney. Finding out he was/is Mormon is a big turn off for me for sure!

Now that the election is over, let's see how this episode pans out...
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:11 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Stanluv25 wrote:
Am curious just what M&T were thinking when coming up with the title 'Obama Wins'. What if he didn't? Were they that confident he would win, or is there a hidden meaning in the title?

Perhaps they follow Nate Silver's Political Calculus.
It was bold, to be sure, but not overwhelmingly so. Obama was the clear favorite in the majority of polls.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 4 of 5 65 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next