Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 4 54 posts 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
*1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 7:59 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Now airing on the east coast
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:15 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5694The Reality Show State
Wow, Fatass is a Chinese operative? Now I really want to know what the hell is up with this little deal they've got going down.

The bit about hot nuts was good, especially when they acknowledge that an okay runner can get tiresome.

There have already been some moments where I don't totally hate Fatass.

Looks like I was right about Butters and an allergy.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:25 pm Offline
Now we're talking. The plot has gotten a LOT more interesting. And they've been peppering it with some solid references to their own canon.
Kenny, Butters and Jimmy all trying to say "Red Lobster". :D

Now that everyone's favorite foul-mouthed billionaire rat is involved, this episode is going to finish strong.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:33 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2647Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't like it. Seemed rush, lacked a serious plot.

It's understandable. The crew is obviously anxious for a break.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:37 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I loved almost all of this episode but the ending was... odd.

I just can't figure out on this one where the South Park wackyness ends and the political satire begins. The whole issue is about if the 'right' man was elected, and it's kind of hard to tell if Trey and Matt are trying to say Mitt Romney deserved to win or if it's just a plot vehicle... but it's one of the two epicenters of the episode.

It was great seeing callbacks to Duck President and Mickey Mouse at least. Shame the former owned up to nothing, but at least the latter was a plot point.

So in other news, does anyone else think Kevin Stoley was somehow involved with the Chinese General? I mean think about it... Star Wars-obsessed... Chinese-American...

Okay, okay, I'm done rambling.

I'll get back to you all when I make up my mind.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:38 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1565Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
8.2/10
Pretty solid ending to Season 16 with one hell of a plot, who actually saw the episode revolving around Star Wars? Furthermore, should have Kevin Stoley gotten involved at some point considering his love for the landmark film series? That aside, all of the General Tso and Hummer jokes made me chuckle considerably. Finally, I really enjoyed seeing Mickey Mouse and Duck President again, even if Duck President only appeared for a split second. It's disappointing to see Season 16 come to an end, but I'm looking forward to Season 17, which I project will start March 13th of next year.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:39 pm Offline
Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:47 pm10
Loved the Star Wars plot. Now who's the right person/entity to maintain Star Wars and its legacy? Certainly not Disney
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:43 pm Offline
Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:19 pm30Cheektowaga, NY
Probably rushed? More like definitely. I imagine they produced the episode during the week, left blanks in for who won, then just inserted Obama into the references during the night and transmitted it this morning. I mean, look at the office scene with Mitt Romney and the (infamous "You're Getting Old") duck. That could have just as easily been the Oval Office and those guys, Obama aides. Clearly a sign they could have used the same scene if Romney had won.

Definitely one of SP's famous to-the-wire episodes.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:45 pm Offline
Star Wars is more important than the Presidency? Okay, I'll buy that.

Crazy episode, man. Fatass had his moments, but wasn't overused later on. The use of a couple of runners (hot nuts and General Tsao's Chicken) and then ripping on their own jokes. The Hummer salesmen; especially the TV commercial.

It was a fun story, though I had to stretch my disbelief about the Romney or Obama vs. China. Certainly hope the guys aren't dumb enough to actually believe that crap. But for the purposes of the episode, it worked nicely.

So much stuff in there, I'm going to need multiple viewings to really soak it all up. Nice finale for season 16. Enjoy the break, dudes.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:49 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
It was decently funny with a steady stream of humor, but it seemed pointless and the ending didn't really resolve anything. A strong ending would have made it a solid episode. The to-the-day relevance is always a cool novelty, but they used to do it better.

Meh. There's always season 17. SP has been going for 16 years. I'm getting old.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 9:17 pm Offline
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 am25
8.8/10

Really strong finish to Season 16. Loved the return of the shit-spurting duck and Mickey Mouse, as well as the Hummer salesman guy and Kyle winning a prize for saying a joke for the millionth time. It was full of a lot of chuckles, but the plot had me going. It really kept you wondering what happens next.

Anyway, great end to a good season. Major improvement over Season 15.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 pm Offline
Oh, I almost forgot.

MORGAN FREEMAN!

That was f*cking awesome.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 9:24 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1220Bedford (U.K)
Oh i loved this i was not expecting them to reference Star wars or be seeing Mickey Mouse again.So butters is alergic to almond M&Ms would have like to see if he was ok at the end since bastard Cartman gave him another in the hospital.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 9:37 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
So am I the only one who noticed Butters... kind of died back there?

Obviously, we'll come back in March with Butters alive and fine, but the implication of Cartman's second scene with him seems to very heavily spoof a sort of forced death scene from the movies.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 9:39 pm Offline
Oh I'm sure he'll be fine. There is no such thing as continuity in the South Park universe.

Well, except for You're Getting Old

Sort by  
Page 1 of 4 54 posts 1, 2, 3, 4  Next