Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 4 54 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 9:49 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Happy to see the return of Duck President.

Mickey seemed to serve the plot well, but didn't Mickey need Romney to win, if Romney was going to be hard on the Chinese to block them from taking Star Wars?

Otherwise, I was disappointed that Wendy did nothing this season. Oh well, hope in March I guess. Same months as the game!
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 pm Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 pm78
Solid finale to a very solid season! However, I felt this would have been a great episode to bring back Darth Chef!!
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 10:21 pm Offline
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am37
The plot was definitely more complex than I'm used to. Good thing Morgan Freeman was around to explain it. I thought that runner was great, and I also enjoyed the General Tsao jokes and the warm nuts jokes. Happy to see the return of Mickey and Duck President, and I loved the part with Butters, Kenny and Jimmy being able to understand each other.

The plot itself was intriguing, and I just about lost it when it turned out the whole thing was about Star Wars. The ending doesn't seem to be popular, and I'll admit that it felt like it was going to go farther than it did in terms of plot, but in the end, it was pretty funny. More of a plot episode than a character episode, which is pretty great.

Rating: 8.5/10. Overall, we had a great season: lots of references to older shows and lots of Stan episodes as well as Cartman episodes. Sometimes, I felt like there was some ship teasing going on, such as in Cartman Finds Love and Going Native, so I'm sure many of the yaoi fangirls loved the season. Sad to see SP go for another several months.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
I'll admit I laughed a few times. Freckles and Mickey Mouse laughs are apparently funnier than most other jokes.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 11:27 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
Let me be frank with you, ladies: "Obama Wins!" fails for me. And it fails tremendously. First, because of the unnecessary time warp nonsense. Not caring about continuity is one thing, but creating two completely mutually exclusive episodes on the same subject is a little too much even for South Park!
Second, because a separate episode about Disney absorbing the Star Wars franchise would have been so much better, imo, considering how many different ways this story could have gone. Once again, it's topicality vs. quality with a predictable outcome.

As a result, we get a hodgepodge that certainly can't hold a candle to the diamond heist extravaganza of "About Last Night," which, unlike this episode, was absolutely brilliant.
Last edited by VACOOLA on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 07, 2012 11:32 pm Offline
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 am25
Douche and Turd > Trapper Keeper > Obama Wins! >>>>>>>>>>> About Last Night...
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 12:28 am Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm70
This whole half season for the most part has made me wonder why the hell I still watch this show. It has had its moments but that's it. This episode is no exception.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 1:02 am Offline
Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:04 pm1
This episode seemed a little rushed. They threw in a lot and it seems like it kind of ended anti-climatic. It's funny how much I disagree with most people on here. Most of you liked this episode while I didn't enjoy it as much. I loved the Ziplining episode, and it seems like all of you hated it.

Different tastes I guess.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 2:45 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
When Obama and Cartman were talking about a deal with the Chinese I groaned- hate episodes that involve other countries. But I guess it could have been worse. It was what I expected more or less.
Fun to see Mickey Mouse show up again. Always a hoot. I don't care about Star Wars, never saw any of the movies so really can't say if it's a big deal Disney bought them or not. But it was funny when all the Star Wars ships and whatnot appeared. Funny how the Hummer dealer didn't once notice all the ballots behind him. I liked that all the boys were working together, always nice to see.
Funniest part was when Butters, Kenny, and Jimmy were all trying to tell the others what they said! :lol: Very very funny.
Morgan Freeman was a fun touch too. I only know one movie he narrated but still understood the joke.

The episode had a handful of laughs but not my kind of story-line. Season 16 ended like season 15. Good enough season ender but not something I'll watch again and again. 7/10
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 5:05 am Offline
Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:57 am3
Was there a Mitt Romney Wins episode in case Mitt won? I was surprised to be seeing an episode titled Obama wins, when the election was ongoing while the episode should have been finished (or so I thought). Haven't watched it yet so not sure what the plot is. Really wondering if you guys had both on standby just in case or you went out on a limb OR You had secret insider knowledge. Mwhahaha xD
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
I didn't like this episode as much as the others. It seemed kind of rushed due to the less then 12 hours turn around between the election results and sending the episode to air. The warm nuts, Morgen Freeman & hummer jokes where good and not over done. And I liked the throwback nods to Mickey Mouse, President duck, etc. But again, due to circumstance, it all seemed like a very last minute rush job. Still got to like the idea that M & T do all they can to stay up to date. (I wonder if we'll ever see the "Romney Wins" episode, parts of it had to have been made just in case he won.)
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 11:19 am Offline
Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:15 pm2
Did....did Cartman just kill Butters? I seriously can't believe Trey and Matt would do that.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 11:39 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
GamerGuy09 wrote:
Did....did Cartman just kill Butters? I seriously can't believe Trey and Matt would do that.

Nah Trey & Matt wouldn't kill of a character as popular as Butters, i bet he will be back in march.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 11:45 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
FettiFPeet wrote:
Was there a Mitt Romney Wins episode in case Mitt won? I was surprised to be seeing an episode titled Obama wins, when the election was ongoing while the episode should have been finished (or so I thought). Haven't watched it yet so not sure what the plot is. Really wondering if you guys had both on standby just in case or you went out on a limb OR You had secret insider knowledge. Mwhahaha xD

There was no Mitt Romney Wins episode in case Mitt won. All Trey would do if Mitt won is apologize a lot for this episode.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 1:00 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
Big-Will wrote:
FettiFPeet wrote:

There was no Mitt Romney Wins episode in case Mitt won. All Trey would do if Mitt won is apologize a lot for this episode.

So this episode would have ended up like the famous "Dewey Defeats Truman" paper had Mitt won. Gotta admire Trey for having the balls to go with it dispite the possability then. :cartmanlaugh:

Sort by  
Page 2 of 4 54 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next