Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 4 54 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 1:09 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Trey was ready to do the same thing in "About Last Night..." but that too was an Obama victory. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 5:08 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
I'd have to say this was one of my favorites this season, perhaps second to Cartman Finds Love. Morgan Freeman, Duck President, Mickey Mouse, all the Star Wars references, and the scene where Kenny and Jimmy try to translate Butters were my favorite bits.

9/10
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 8:03 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
Man...

I'm actually now disapointed. I mean, the episode had the qualities of being a top 10 episode..EVER!! But then....it ended on a whimp.
:(

Cartman basically hiding the election....Star Wars/Mickey Mouse, Gen. Tso Chicken, Obama....I wish it was Romney instead of the duck but....then we had Butters (I wish he wasn't sick...but at least we knew it was an alergic reaction). and of course...Morgan Freeman! :mrgreen: It had some pretty funny parts too, and I like funny :)

The episode for the first 20 minutes was one to never forget. But to just let the Mouse (who wasn't even there mind you) win like that, to me was pretty weak. Man. Usually things end great....but not in this show.

9.5/10 (first 20 minutes) But....because of the last 90 seconds..it drops to an 8/10.

PS: Butters isn't dead. They wouldn't kill a character as popular as his without a gooood reason. They would need it too, or I'd boycott the show! :evil:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 10:16 pm Offline
Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:30 pm2
No matter what your political inclination is, Matt, Trey and the South Park team portray it in such a genius way. They truly are the Einsteins of comedy. :D
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 11:13 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
It's been a hectic couple of days for me. Super busy and tired with work and home stuffs. I finally watched the first half of the ep on my phong at lunch, and the last half of it on my DVR when I got home tonight.
It... was okay. Maybe I'm just biased because I was really f*ckin' sick and tired of all the election crap that had been going on, and was ready to not hear another thing about it the next day. It seems like people were more charged up about it this election year than the previous, but it seems like that every election year. Well, whatever.

Also, I can't explain why, but South Park Mickey totally sets my teeth on edge. I have no clue why, but he just annoys the hell out of me. Maybe it comes from people doing 'fake Mickey' at me when I was a kid. Mostly the ones who may or may not have carried them inside me for a little while.

As far as the rest of the ep goes, I did get a few chuckles out of it. Cartman at the polling places looking for his Meehm, the General Tso bit didn't get stale like I thought it would, and the 'in' joke of it being a joke was pretty good. 'Warm nuts' got slightly stale, but I could see that joke coming from Pacoima before it even got here.

Is it bad that the first place I thought of when Cartman said he'd hidden the ballots where "no one would ever look" was his butt?

I know there was more stuff that I liked in it, but can't think about it now. Maybe I can watch it again in the next few days and come back with more.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 08, 2012 11:32 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
BRMBug wrote:
Is it bad that the first place I thought of when Cartman said he'd hidden the ballots where "no one would ever look" was his butt?

Not at all. I thought it would be there too, considering that he hid all of Disneyland back there when he was visiting Romper Stomper in Juvi. :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 09, 2012 12:13 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
:o I totally forgot about that! :lol:
Hey, he could've totally won the whore-off in 'Spoiled Whore', and put the whole town up in there!
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 09, 2012 2:06 am Offline
Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:57 am3
Big-Will wrote:
Trey was ready to do the same thing in "About Last Night..." but that too was an Obama victory. :)

That is awesome. Thank you for the answer. It's really nice to know they have so much faith in our democratic candidate. I think it would have been really funny for Mitt to win just for the sake of the episode (I still say phew for dodging that bullet, We dont need mormon's in the white house!) It woulda been really cool to get a Vlog from Matt or Trey explaining the Gaffe.

I met Matt and Trey once, very briefly. They held an opening night party for the book of Mormon at a bar I was bouncing at. At the time I was giddy like a kid as these are 2 of my favorite animators of all time. I had this weird notion i'd get to socialize with them and get to know them a bit. I only got to thank them for there hard work and years of entertainment (something they must be sick of hearing xD). I feel as though I learned more about Trey with your answer then I did meeting him in person. Kudos to the well run forum. More forums need fast answering moderators like you.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 09, 2012 2:49 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I'm finding it almost comical people think they killed Butters. Just like when there was a silly rumor Kyle was going to die a couple years ago. Also when they thought Stan was written out of the show last year. We'll see the main 5 boys humiliated, injured, ill, move, get into some crazy adventure, but they won't die. (Except Kenny). These are beloved characters vital to the show and you take away any of them, it just wouldn't be the same.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 09, 2012 6:57 am Offline
Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 pm13Wuhan,China
9/10
Totally awesome!A very good end in season 16.The Disney & Lucas' plot is very hilarious.
Hope Season 17 would be better.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 09, 2012 7:43 am Offline
Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:35 am1
best episode of the 2nd half of 16th! a good finale... ahhh.. so sad... now have to wait till end of March for the next season!
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 09, 2012 10:07 am Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
I did have different expectations of the ending. I kind of wanted it to end with the stolen ballots being counted and Duck President being elected. I'm not complaining though. I still enjoyed the episode overall.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
LOL, looks like Mittens is duck president!

If Cartman really wants a role in Star Wars, he's a total slam dunk for the son of Jabba the Hutt. Them two have a great resemblance to each other. Can't believe M&T didn't have Mickey and the Chinese throw that zinger.

Kudos to M&T for taking a gamble on an Obama win! Not that big of a gamble in hindsight since the state polling average was right all along, but at least they banked on the polls more than the right-wing "the polls are skewed" kool-aid. Given this week's results the stolen ballots would've probably went to Obama anyways...

That said, the episode is meh. There were funny parts at times, but the plot's way too complicated (as M&T acknowledged via Morgan Freeman) and outlandish for my liking.

Man, when will M&T finally stop reducing Kyle to a go-to reactionary character for Cartman's mischief? Kyle's a strong character and can make things happen on his own accord, just look at his "Jesus" role in Margaritaville! Sigh, next season I guess...

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 09, 2012 1:16 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
My power went out in the middle of it. The part where Kyle shows up with the cops storming into Eric's room and seeing the ballots have disappeared. Yeah, that was exciting. :lol:

FettiFPeet wrote:
I met Matt and Trey once, very briefly. They held an opening night party for the book of Mormon at a bar I was bouncing at. At the time I was giddy like a kid as these are 2 of my favorite animators of all time. I had this weird notion i'd get to socialize with them and get to know them a bit. I only got to thank them for there hard work and years of entertainment (something they must be sick of hearing xD). I feel as though I learned more about Trey with your answer then I did meeting him in person. Kudos to the well run forum. More forums need fast answering moderators like you.

LUCKY!
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 pm Offline
Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:27 pm21
Well I got to say this episode was both funny and odd. I liked it when they brought back Mickey Mouse (from season 13) and the Duck President (from season 15) but the rest about the Star Wars Episode 7 was kinda odd. I mean Cartman stole the ballets just because he wants to be Darth Vader? To be honest Cartman has been a real assh*le but he's still cool. But the election wasn't too funny.

7.5/10 I gotta say Season 16 was somewhat good I mean my favorite episodes from this Season were: Butterballs, Faith Hilling, Cartman Finds Love, and A Nightmare on Face Time. The Rest episodes were ok but some were not that great. I hope Season 17 will be better because I want to see like more South Park Elementary Episodes and Wendy and Stan Episodes (together)
Last edited by francisjairam121 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 4 54 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next