Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 3 posts
Recent Censorship of Comedy Central Reruns PostSun Nov 25, 2012 12:49 pm Offline
Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 pm1
I've been watching the show for at least 10 years and something has gone awry in the town of South Park: Random things are being taken out of the Comedy Central reruns. Some examples I've noticed are:

removing lines from the dick Randy draws to make its phallic nature less obvious in Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow
removing all references to Mrs. Garrison's proposed "fag drag" in Follow That Egg
clipping the scene where a dog pees on Butters so you can only see him lift his leg in Good Times With Weapons
getting rid of Cartman's "holy f*cking sh*t!" in response to the girls screaming for Fingerbang during their music video in Something You Can Do With Your Finger
not showing Cartman's mom f*cking the guy removing the toilet Cartman decimated in The Death of Eric Cartman

That's all I can name off the top of my head, but there are plenty of instances where I watch a rerun and something is just missing, or at least toned down to be less graphic, i.e., implying something instead of flat out showing it. Why is this happening?
Re: Recent Censorship of Comedy Central Reruns PostMon Nov 26, 2012 1:09 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
If this is happening after 10 pm, then it's to fit more commercials in. But that's why this site is here. If it's getting censored on TV after hours, you can come here and watch them... provided the episode player is working, which doesn't seem to be the case these days. :/

The episodes are sometimes sped up, again to get more commercials in.

If this is happening before 10 pm, then it's because younger kids are watching then. That's what happens to episodes that are syndicated. Mee Krob.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Recent Censorship of Comedy Central Reruns PostMon Nov 26, 2012 6:58 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Yeah, that's not a recent thing at all. If it's before the watershed, or if it's on another network (even after the watershed) the most "extreme" things are edited out. There are certain episodes that I don't even see in most reruns or at all in syndication, presumably because too much of the runtime/plot would be lost if everything deemed too gross got taken out. (Death Camp of Tolerance, You're Getting Old, Britney's New Look, etc.)
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 3 posts