Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 10 136 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostTue Jan 29, 2013 6:36 pm Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 am33
Yay, I'm excited for more episodes!! Boo, I don't want to wait til September. Yay, maybe my life will be super awesome by then and even if it isn't, I at least have something awesome to look forward to! :mrgreen:
Always think of the consequence of your behavior before acting out what you are thinking.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostTue Jan 29, 2013 11:11 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18779I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I was originally gonna make a crack about The Venture Bros. works, what with years going by between new episodes, but I dont' think I'll throw either show under the bus like that. I've wondered for the longest time why T&M didn't just do something like this anyway. I'm curious to know if the seasons are going to be starting every fall from now on, or they're just premiering it then because of their current schedule.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostWed Jan 30, 2013 8:56 am Offline
Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:51 am2
If they're going to cut it down to 10, they better all be at a Scott-Tenorman-Must-Die caliper. Hey don't get me wrong - it's fantastic you're branching out; but us fans don't want our relationship to get stale; we've been married to SP for almost 17 years already. Making 10 better episodes you're proud of instead of 16 episodes that suffer from your frustration in scheduling sounds okay but not wonderful. It's like you're saying, "I got the promotion I've always dreamed of but I'm going to have less time for you; but the time we will get to spend together will be more amazing than before because I'll be less distracted and more focused on you. " Sounds good but at a cost. We need a little more spice to keep our 17 year marriage to SP going, and to still feel important to you! So when you're done opening up more of your shows, working on the BOM movie and drawing up plans for Important Studios, PU-LEASE make some time to do the other stuff we fell in love with you for. Make room in the future for some branching out that's a little closer to home for us. How about another SP movie? It's only been like 15 years. Team America 2 would be nice too. There's enough s**t going on with N. Korea and Kim Jong Il's son at this very moment to come up with a ton of material.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostWed Jan 30, 2013 12:33 pm Offline
Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 am16
I'm disappointed naturally, but don't forget the season lay out wasn't always the way it has been the past few years. And not all the episodes are written from scratch less than a week before they air, they have ideas for episodes ages in advance, so I think it's possible that the delay will allow them to produce higher quality episodes. They are very much occupied with the release of TBOM in the West End, so if they were to make episodes now they wouldn't have their full attention and might not be that great.

7 months really isn't that long you guys. And I'm sure season 17 will be well worth the wait. I guess I'm trying to look at this positively.

The only thing is the fact that it's so close to when the new series would have aired so I was pretty pumped for new episodes. I'm gonna book tickets to TBOM even if it means being poor for the next few weeks. And I'll definitely be buying the game now. Another plus is that Trey and Matt be in the UK to promote BOM so they'll be close to me :wink:
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostWed Jan 30, 2013 3:41 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
I'm going to look at the bright side: 10 weeks in a row with new South Park!
That'll be awesome. :D

In recent seasons, I feel like there's at least 4 forgettable episodes a year, so as long as those are the ones they don't make, it'll be fine.

The other thing is Parker & Stone's non-South Park projects have all been fucking awesome. So if this new arrangement will let them get more of that stuff out, I'm willing to take the hit.

This is how most cable shows run their business anyway. Your show is on in either the fall season (Sept-Dec), the spring season (Jan-May) or the summer season (June-Aug).
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostWed Jan 30, 2013 5:01 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Maybe the reason I feel so much more miffed about this is I don't care as much about M&T's non-SP projects.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostThu Jan 31, 2013 8:26 am Offline
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:11 am4Portsmouth, UK
Well.... perhaps more time for production means better episodes! I dunno about you guys, but the more recent ones were ok. Not amazing, but good.

However, S7/S8/S9 = golden age of South Park!

And M & T need to rip on Skrillex in a future episode...please!!!!
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostThu Jan 31, 2013 6:42 pm Offline
Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:51 am2
Has anyone ever heard of Matt and Trey even being intrested on what's on here anymore? They're so busy! Do they have the moderators make reports ? Do they give a crap? Love those guys but just wondering how it's been going behind the scenes lately with the surge in TBOM publicity.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostThu Jan 31, 2013 6:53 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
The Book Of Mormon is the project they are focusing on right now. They obviously didn't realize it was going to be as big as it is, and now that it is, they are putting their focus on it.

Since it's been going to different cities outside of just New York, they have to travel to these cities to make sure everything is working out, in addition to doing TV and Radio interviews to promote it.

The original New York performances began in March of 2011. Because of this, Season 15 was pushed up until late April 2011 and it wasn't a very strong season half at all. These guys were obviously worn out. Funnybot, City Sushi, etc were not strong episodes. Then they got themselves into a mess unintentionally with You're Getting Old.

The second half of Season 15 was much stronger, as was the second half of Season 16.

Now they are heading to London with The Book Of Mormon. It opens there March 21st.

They can either 1. Do a half season of South Park in late April and be completely worn out while doing it and have a lame half season, or 2. They can rest up over the summer and have a full season in September that is good.

That's how I am looking at this.

The Book Of Mormon has to be taken care of first right now. Once they're settled, they might have longer seasons in the future, instead of just 10 Episodes in the fall. It's really up to them.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostThu Jan 31, 2013 7:58 pm Offline
Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:33 pm33
So with the delay of the show and game and the evolving of their new company or whatever, does that mean the end of South Park?
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostThu Jan 31, 2013 10:58 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
No. They wanna keep it going, but if ratings are bad and their other projects take up more and more of their time, they may end the show after 2016.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostFri Feb 01, 2013 3:20 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
@ Missmakesmesick90:7 months is a long time considering the new seasons usually start in March. Knowing I am going to have to go through spring, suffer the unbearable heat of summer, may be in college, may be in a relationship, may have a cat.... a lot will happen in 7 months and it is a lot. In general I have zero patience. I was a wreck waiting for the episode following You're Getting Old, waiting for season 17 is going to be even worse. :tweek: :tweek:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostFri Feb 01, 2013 11:32 am Offline
Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:54 am1
Cant wait. Last season was one of the best, see.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostFri Feb 01, 2013 7:07 pm Offline
Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:33 pm33
Big-Will wrote:
No. They wanna keep it going, but if ratings are bad and their other projects take up more and more of their time, they may end the show after 2016.

The ratings aren't that bad, are they?
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostFri Feb 01, 2013 9:12 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
In recent years, they had some of the best ratings ever. It's still for the most part the highest rated show on the network.
Stan and Kyle :)

Sort by  
Page 3 of 10 136 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next