Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 6 81 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostFri Oct 25, 2013 9:38 am Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
This movie reminds me so much about Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Halloween III.
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostFri Oct 25, 2013 11:02 am Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm96Antelope California
Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:
This movie reminds me so much about Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Halloween III.

I was thinking it was like Invasion of the Body Snatchers too. I was surprised that no one else got that.

Pete even says around 8:20 into the episode "Our two friends are being bodysnatched by Emos!"

I loved all the "no ways"
Last edited by JamesPup on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostFri Oct 25, 2013 11:03 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:

Either you mean "episode," or you're posting in the wrong thread dude.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostFri Oct 25, 2013 12:10 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:

The ending was totally a "Scare Tactics" spoof. And while I actually like that show, it wasn't really pulled off that well.

Not sure if Trey has seen "Day of the Triffids" but the plants felt like a spoof of that show to me.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostFri Oct 25, 2013 1:26 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
JVM wrote:
Pete must be a poor kid, as he lives in a trailer park.

I'm not seeing it. To me it looks like he's sitting in a small, quaint diner like IHOP. The windows have blinds on them that I'd expect in a restaurant, not a house or mobile home. The ceiling has lots of recessed lighting, another thing I wouldn't see in a poor person's home.

On the other hand, there are trailer parks whose residents aren't poor at all.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostFri Oct 25, 2013 3:32 pm Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:

How did I get movie mixed up episode?!! :shock:
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostFri Oct 25, 2013 3:48 pm Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm96Antelope California
They have the clip with Ike that was shown at the end the Goth Kids 3 on the internet now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DnHKnND ... OcHDPcrPiL

I didn't catch it that well the first time I saw it. It does look like Ike is going through puberty.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostFri Oct 25, 2013 5:16 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:49 am71
I wonder if Ike is acting/talking/looking that way because he's possessed by a demon? maybe it'll be an exorcist parody since next week is Halloween? just a thought..
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostFri Oct 25, 2013 11:10 pm Offline
Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:43 pm89
I didn't hate this episode, but this was by far my least favorite episode of the season to this point.

I find the bit with the ghost of Edgar Allan Poe to be hilarious, though. "Did a blood demon take a sh*t in your hair?". That line had me in stitches.

The goths trying to explain the difference between goths and emos but more or less failing to do so was pretty great, too. Then when the guy from the reality show said that goths, emos, and vampire kids were "all the same thing" - I found that funny too.

Otherwise though, maybe there were references I didn't get, but I didn't really care for this episode. Not the end of the world though as the other three were pretty great for me.

6.5/10 or maybe a 7/10.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostSat Oct 26, 2013 2:07 am Offline
Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:46 pm8
Thought it was kind of funny that the plants appear to be spider plants...oooh, how gawth. But I looked up Emoclaris Americanus, and no such species exists. :|
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostSat Oct 26, 2013 2:13 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Of course it doesn't, lol.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostSat Oct 26, 2013 5:04 am Offline
Sat May 18, 2013 7:56 am1
just fyi, yall are a day late putting 1701 back on
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostSat Oct 26, 2013 7:57 am Offline
Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:41 am1
This episode concept had so much potential but ended up a huge fail. I'd say this was on par or worse than "A Million Little Fibers." Still love the show though. There is bound to be a bad episode here and there with such an long-living series.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostSun Oct 27, 2013 5:56 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:

The ending was totally a "Scare Tactics" spoof. And while I actually like that show, it wasn't really pulled off that well.

Not sure if Trey has seen "Day of the Triffids" but the plants felt like a spoof of that show to me.

Yeah, Triffids and Body Snatchers were the first things that sprang to mind while watching the episode.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostSun Oct 27, 2013 6:53 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I justify the 'Scare Tactics' ending just by pointing out the episode would have been a LOT more awful if the emos were ACTUALLY plants. That makes the twist 100% justifiable to me.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o

Sort by  
Page 5 of 6 81 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next