Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 6 86 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: Anyone bummed out by Season 17 ? PostSun Oct 27, 2013 1:55 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
I'm not bummed. All the episodes have made me laugh at least a couple times so far. They've had a lot of that sardonic wit that I love.

Niels0827 wrote:
1703, which has been given the distinction of being a terrible episode nearly unanimously

Wait, really? I greatly enjoyed WWZimmerman. I'm already looking forward to hearing the commentary on it.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
So hard to watch SP die like this. PostSun Oct 27, 2013 8:14 pm Offline
Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:09 pm2
First the Zimmerman turd and now the goth/vamp/emo kids.. This was more like the death rattles for SP.

Quick someone give the writer CPR, there still may be time.
Re: So hard to watch SP die like this. PostSun Oct 27, 2013 10:11 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Pick a number, stand in line. We have enough lament already, we don't need more. Thread lcoked.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Anyone bummed out by Season 17 ? PostSun Oct 27, 2013 10:16 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
This thread is now the official Bitch about Season 17 Megathread. I've been seeing other threads pop up about the show dying - those threads will be merged into this one.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Bitch about Season 17 Megathread PostMon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Re: Why the epic fail? PostMon Oct 28, 2013 3:48 pm Offline
Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:07 am20
kmal2t wrote:
so how are you ten years late that you're now making fun of emo kids when YTMND, youtube vids, memes etc. have beaten that horse to death years ago?
Yeah i kinda have to agree on this i just find it odd that they choose to make fun of emos when they've already been mocked to death in other comedy movies&cartoons etc etc
Quote:
Obviously SP makes fun of everyone and it's no secret that emo/goth/whatever idolize Poe because he was one of the pioneers of Gothic Literature, but making him Goth was pointless.
I agree ditto on this one in the episode where stan&everyone try to imitate WWE wrestlers and in the end how we get an unexpected ending where we actually see what happens of the real wrestler of his hardships that was a meaningful message.

But here in the goth kids there is really not message or twist ending... its just comedy it would've been nice if they made him yell in the end "You all idiots don't know actual pain or suffering ! you all are just bunch of spoiled first world brats wearing fancy makeup!"

that would've made a fitting end to this goth/emo because that's the message they were giving that they all are just idiotic overly pessimistic groups of people who need to learn a lesson(which they never do ironically) and vamp kids are basically just team edward/jacob.
Big-Will wrote:
This thread is now the official Bitch about Season 17 Megathread.
I prefer my thread to be taken seriously in context for a mature discussion a thread title like that begs for more immaturity.

EDIT: Anyway the next episode with ike seems to be most interesting one as somehow ike is going through puberty and kyle is trying to be bond with him(kinda reminds me of "Going native" episode) and it was awesome.
Last edited by Johntoreno07 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Why the epic fail? PostMon Oct 28, 2013 4:00 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Johntoreno07 wrote:
I prefer my thread to be taken seriously in context for a mature discussion a thread title like that begs for more immaturity.

Every thread like this that starts out seriously eventually degenerates into a thread full of immaturity. And then I have to go around and either delete them or merge them together.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: Anyone bummed out by Season 17 ? PostTue Oct 29, 2013 12:06 am Offline
Thu May 05, 2011 4:54 pm5
Oh lulz at Neuroheart. So they stepped outside the box by doing something that was stale 7 years ago? If they went for something new and failed thats fine but this was rehashing old material and not even doing it well.

To paraphrase Billy Bob Thorton "Well they can't all be winners now can they?" ..and I usually just move past the duds and enjoy the great episodes, but this one was so bad that it felt noticeably lazy and phoned in. Like they had a good concept idea to do something about the Goth kids...then ran out of ideas and pushed this out at the last second.

One or two episodes can save an eh season so we'll see how this season ends up whether it has a few keepers or is just skippable.
Re: Anyone bummed out by Season 17 ? PostTue Oct 29, 2013 6:00 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
kmal2t wrote:
So they stepped outside the box by doing something that was stale 7 years ago?

*sigh* Image English, motherf*cker, do you speak it?
See, what I said was...
NeuroHeart wrote:
...dare to step out of what YOU think is the box they should be in

...which is clearly the case. You think they should be doing certain things, and they aren't.

Also, yeah, they went outside the expectations of most viewers by doing an episode that dared to focus on characters that, until now, had been nameless and auxiliary. Every time this happens, there are viewers who will bitch about it. (My guess would be that this is why it took "so long" for them to make this episode; they were worried about the backlash of doing a Goth Kids episode.)

And they can't really be said to be rehashing old material if they've never done an episode like this before. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

In short, the epic fail is yours. Thanks for playing.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: Anyone bummed out by Season 17 ? PostTue Oct 29, 2013 8:38 am Offline
Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:42 pm19
I'm not bummed out, for me season 17 has started off better than 14, 15, or 16. The quality of the episodes in South Park have a wide variation in their quality. I can't think of any other show that can go from hilarious to virtually unwatchable within a period of a week. Another odd quality about the show is that there is little consensus among fans about which episodes are good. Some of the ones that I detest have gotten glowing reviews on this forum.

In the end for me, the best episodes are so good that I will sit through an entire season of mediocrity to find one. It's like sifting through a truckload of sand hoping to find a single diamond.
Re: Anyone bummed out by Season 17 ? PostTue Oct 29, 2013 12:09 pm Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
I just wish it had more of the Marshes. Stan and his family haven't really been featured this season so far. Hopefully, that will change before it ends.
Re: Anyone bummed out by Season 17 ? PostTue Oct 29, 2013 2:38 pm Offline
Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:03 am2
Why criticize it now, there has only been 4 episodes.
And as stated before, there are other projects in mind like the Stick of Truth that is also being worked on.
Re: Anyone bummed out by Season 17 ? PostWed Oct 30, 2013 5:05 am Offline
Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm1
Everything good comes to an end, folks. The show is dying. Matt and Trey have their fingers in too many pies now and things change. I think this should be the last season before they tarnish the amazing SP legacy any further.
Re: Anyone bummed out by Season 17 ? PostWed Oct 30, 2013 10:00 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Things are picking up. :)
Re: Anyone bummed out by Season 17 ? PostThu Oct 31, 2013 7:29 am Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
It looks like vintage South Park again. :D
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK

Sort by  
Page 3 of 6 86 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next