Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 4 57 posts 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
*1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 6:58 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Now airing on Comedy Central!
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 7:14 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
"Canadian Puberty." :lol:
There's our answer.

Nice call back to the friend-buddy-guy runner from Royal Pudding in that public health film.

The end of act one with Ike challenging Kyle to play "kick the baby" again was a very nice shout out to old school SP.

Mr. Mackey's struggles with his Intelli-Link thingy is a little meh so far.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 7:24 pm Offline
Ah, I see. That pink one is Myley Cyrus. How did Ike become her manager? That seems sudden.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 7:35 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
I kinda thought this one fell a bit flat. The queef jokes and the malfunctioning of Intelilink were pretty funny, but everything else was a bit bland. I hope we get a truly great episode, something I've been waiting almost a month for. Still a tad better than the Zimmerman episode.
6.7/10
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 pm Offline
Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:27 pm21
Well this episode was pretty decent. The way Ike was acting when he hit Puberty was really funny and also the Intelilink was really funny especially with Mr Mackey. But the rest of it was just pretty awkward especially at the end when Ike was back to normal but when I saw he was watching Dora the Explorer I was shocked and disgusted. But overall this was a pretty good episode. 7.6/10
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 7:45 pm Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm99Antelope California
I thought it was pretty funny. I didn’t like to see that they made fun of the New England Patriots and Tom Brady. I think they are jealous of the Red Sox and how tonight they will probably win the World Series. I was close to skipping the episode to watch the game but it was only a half an hour. I wasn’t sure but now I know a strange is a p*ssy. I was thinking Ike was going to kill Fufa at part of it. The telelink thing was okay and is so true like the Obamacare website and how bad it is doing. I wonder if Michelle will now queef in Obama’s face. Ike was funny, I liked the chewing tobacco. It would have been nice to see that Ike did sleep with Fufa and they should have shown Ike taming Fufa’s strange.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 7:47 pm Offline
Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 pm11
This episode was awesome! I was a bit nervous from the preview, but it came out very funny and very sweet. Once again, South Park knows how to make me laugh and pull my heartstrings.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 7:56 pm Offline
The relationship between Ike and Kyle was easily the best part of this episode. My biggest laugh was Ike talking about Dora the Explorer's "hot Puerto Rican strange" at the end.

The two other stories and their allegories for America's health care changes got a little confused for a time. I think I get the gist of what they were trying to say though. The Canadian Minister of Health was mostly just an amalgamation of Canada jokes they've already done on the series. It was nice to have the reference to the show's canon, but it didn't add anything new to the long line of South Park poking fun at Canada.

While I enjoyed Ike's story, it seems like it needed a scene with his parents after pulling that little stunt on stage. A good ol' Sheila Brovfloski "What-what-what!?!" Then Ike tells off his mother and gets grounded only to sneak out of the house to go be Fufa's manager.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 8:24 pm Offline
It occurs to me that in the same post, I both criticized the show for rehashing old jokes and then turned around and wanted to hear a classic SP line in that episode.

What the hell do I really want then?

At least I got to see Tom Brady shit his pants. Not sure why he was getting meds from Canada as an American; born and raised. Eh, I'm over thinking it.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 8:28 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
7/10

I was so happy when Ike returned to normal at the end (so cuuuuuuute!), though he still has that dirty streak, which I'm fine with. :)

I feel like there were too many plotlines going on at one time in this episode. First, we have Ike going through puberty and being a dick to Kyle. Then, we have Mr. Mackey trying to get Intellilink to work in an obvious mockery of the Obamacare website (I've always wondered when Matt and Trey were going to comment on the healthcare reform law). Next, we have the Canadian Minister of Healthcare, or whatever it was, trying to understand why his wife queefed in his face. Last, we have Foofa pretty much just being Miley Cyrus. Naturally, everything just kind of fixed itself right at the very end. However, I do like how all the plot threads eventually became interwoven, when it turned out that an Intellilink error was the reason Ike was going through puberty so suddenly.

I liked the throwback to "kick the baby." I'm suddenly reminded of just how cruel Kyle used to be. I guess he's grown up too. ;)

I think I laughed the most at the Canadian Minister of Healthcare's explanation of how babies are born. Also, Tom Brady sure has some durably flexible pants.

So yeah, not the greatest episode, but decent enough.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 9:14 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
I found the randomness of Sinead O’Connor suddenly appearing quite funny for some reason. The episode was slow in places for me I didn't care much for Canadian Healthcare guy but the ending was sweet.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 9:24 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Really funny one overall. The Intellilink parts fell fairly flat for me. But the Ike storyline was amazingly funny, as well as the reflective Canadian whose wife queefed in his face.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 9:53 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Well, I did it again. I missed the live tweet of last week's ep, and missed the first airing. Came home from work, laid down for a quick nap, and woke up at 9:20. :roll:

Anyway, this one was better than I thought it was gonna be. I actually liked it. I think it was the Canadian runner that helped ease things for me. That and the Fufa/Miley thing. So glad Ike's back to his cute little self though.

Erm, besides using Intellilink to make fun of Frobama Care, do I have to draw the parallels to the new SPS site roll out problems? (sorry nall.)
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 10:03 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
James--76 wrote:
I found the randomness of Sinead O’Connor suddenly appearing quite funny for some reason.

There's a reason for the randomness: Sinead posted several open letters to Miley criticizing her for her behavior since her twerking performance over a month ago, lol.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 10:17 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Big-Will wrote:
James--76 wrote:
I found the randomness of Sinead O’Connor suddenly appearing quite funny for some reason.

There's a reason for the randomness: Sinead posted several open letters to Miley criticizing her for her behavior since her twerking performance over a month ago, lol.

Ah yes I do remember hearing on the news something about that.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!

Sort by  
Page 1 of 4 57 posts 1, 2, 3, 4  Next