Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 6 76 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 02, 2012 3:52 pm Offline
Wed May 30, 2012 12:10 pm16
Compared to the other great's of this half-season, like Insecurity, Raising the Bar, and A Nightmare on Facetime, it wasn't great. However, it was a decent episode. I liked the focus on Stan, and the Dr. Seuss stuff.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 02, 2012 4:16 pm Offline
Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:19 pm2
I need an answer please!! I couldn't help but notice the "French Scientist" character has a huge resemblance to Tim Conway's comedy character "Dorf." Is this intentional????
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 03, 2012 12:59 am Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
Most of the time I understand South Park episodes but with this one I am not sure. Can someone explain to me what the episode was about? Like a full explanation. I went to one website and they only thought the episode was just ok. I see others thinking it's the best of the season. This is one of those rare episodes that I can't seem to figure out.
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 03, 2012 1:59 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
The main theme is about people falling prey to charlatans like Mr. Pitief, who sell bracelets - er, scauses - supporting every little cause that comes to mind and then skip town before people realize they've been had.

There are side themes, like Jesus performing miracles that can't be explained scientifically and about witch hunts.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 03, 2012 2:04 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
rainwater90 wrote:
I need an answer please!! I couldn't help but notice the "French Scientist" character has a huge resemblance to Tim Conway's comedy character "Dorf." Is this intentional????

I noticed that too, rainwater90. It was a direct paradoy of Tim Conway's character. However, it wasn't Conway's "Dorf." It was "Mr. Tudbal" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P2dbwrT_fQ

Even at time index 9:15, Carroll Burnett herself imitates Mr. Tudbal :lol:

Enjoy!
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 03, 2012 8:45 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I got a kick out of that. They even aluded to as much in the episode. :lol:
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 03, 2012 10:20 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
That's one reference I wouldn't have gotten even though the scientist referenced it himself. I didn't see The Carol Burnett Show much.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 03, 2012 11:27 am Offline
Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 pm13Wuhan,China
6/10(The first time I watch this episode)
7.7/10(The second time I see it)
Nice one.Sometimes,I need watch the same episode again to get the point,just like this one.
What they've said in this episode is so true,people tend to put those things all their hands to show their faith,but it's not necessary.Doing what you are thinking about is OK.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 03, 2012 12:40 pm Offline
Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:19 pm2
zzyzx 1 wrote:
rainwater90 wrote:

I noticed that too, rainwater90. It was a direct paradoy of Tim Conway's character. However, it wasn't Conway's "Dorf." It was "Mr. Tudbal" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P2dbwrT_fQ

Even at time index 9:15, Carroll Burnett herself imitates Mr. Tudbal :lol:

Enjoy!

Thanks man!! I knew right away he was styled from Tim Conway, but you helped pinpoint which one!
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 03, 2012 6:47 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Big-Will wrote:
I didn't see The Carol Burnett Show much.

:o Jeez, I saw all the reruns in the 80's, and still remember most of them. (and i keep meaning to get the dvd collections that are around now, but never do. :roll: ) I must admit though, I remembered that particular voice from a clip used in the infomercial for one of the dvd collections that have been out recently.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 04, 2012 8:00 pm Offline
Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:50 pm24
Great episode. I really enjoy it :o
***Eric Theodore Cartman 4eva***
favorite characters: Eric Cartman & Kenny McCormick
favorite episode: Scotter Tenderman Must Die/ Cartoon Wars part I/II
pairings: Cartman/Kyle & Cartman/Stan
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 06, 2012 3:05 pm Offline
Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:53 pm2
I liked this episode. The Dr.Seuss art style in the middle of the episode was great. It really reminded me of the Dr.Seuss book I read as a child

Its also nice that Butters is acting more confident recently. He's really starting to take a stan!

Also.....I liked the part where butters pokes Stan and says "But now I think you're a cute little butthole". It seems that this season had quite a bit of instances of "fangirl fuel" with the Cartman and Kyle "romance" in Cartman finds love, Butter and Kenny holding hands in going native, and then the thing in this episode. I'm 95% sure that probably most of it is unintentional and was just done in plain fun though.

It's just I can't get rid of this nagging suspicion that the people who come up with the ideas in south park started visiting south park's ff.net section recently and starting to put their influences from it on the show :D
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostFri May 03, 2013 7:19 pm Offline
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am39
Get your Boston Strong Survival Strap today!

http://www.survivalstraps.com/support-p ... ton-strong
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 pm Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm70
Yay I finally know what the hell they meant by "Free Pussy Riot". I just thought it was something goofy at the end. I'm gonna go watch this episode again.

See this article about Pussy Riot.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Dec 23, 2013 9:21 am Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm94
Russia is freeing Pussy Riot members. Looks like the message worked. I think this episode got banned in Russia because of it.

Sort by  
Page 5 of 6 76 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next