Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 2 of 2 22 posts Previous  1, 2
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 12, 2013 8:31 pm Offline
Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:02 pm34
Details from Black Friday video preview (not the pictures released):

First take:
1 - Mommy's "Toys" behind :lol: :lol:
2 - Comics magazine "The Penalizer" (left on the table) http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=penalizer
Second take (group):
1 - "He Man The Master of The Universe" poster (below), on the ground
2 - "Princess Kenny" (left) holding his hands holding the hair ends - Priceless

Note: Randy / Mall picture: man with beard and scar has last name ...KRUM.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 12, 2013 9:20 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNSLTfNpnuU
I'm posting a link to the preview on YT, because it's widescreen, and the clip on here is 4:3, and has cut out Kenny and Token, not to mention other random items mentioned above.
And lol, Cartman has one of those Pillow Pet offshoot things that projects stars in a room. And yes, I only know about it because we sell them at Fry's.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 12, 2013 9:46 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Right away the preview clip shows all the boys in their Lord of the Rings costumes from that great 6th season episode. Combined with the episode title, we seem to have an episode that will merge the release of that second Hobbit movie with that damnable post-Thanksgiving shopping day.

Just the episode title alone makes think Fatass will be going off on some ol' racist bullshit yet again. After all, he is a 'high ranking white wizard'.

Ironically, the stereotype of your typical Black Friday mob is a bunch of middle-aged white women punching each other over the last Tickle-Me-Elmo. (or whatever the hell it is you kids are demanding for Christmas these days)

Someone mentioned the launch of the PS4 and that seems like a thing the guys would totally go for this week. They have a long history of giving props to the latest video game trend be it the Game Cube, Guitar Hero, Nintendo Wii, the PSP, Call of Duty or whatever because they like video games.

Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers set a high bar for Lord of the Rings homage/parody. Since the Hobbit movies seem to be a rehash, to some extent, of the first trilogy, is it too easy to point that out in this week's episode? I think it would be hilarious to have one (and only one) call back to the 6th season in that vein.

A lot of the potential subject matter seems to be right in the guys' wheelhouse this week, so my hopes are pretty damn high. They are awesome at poking fun at nerd shit the only way other nerds can.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 13, 2013 4:06 am Offline
Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:02 pm34
triplemultiplex wrote:
Right away the preview clip shows all the boys in their Lord of the Rings costumes from that great 6th season episode. Combined with the episode title, we seem to have an episode that will merge the release of that second Hobbit movie with that damnable post-Thanksgiving shopping day.

Just the episode title alone makes think Fatass will be going off on some ol' racist bullshit yet again. After all, he is a 'high ranking white wizard'.

Ohhh yeah. And I was thinking about KRUM last name. I found two wow guys: Khan Krum (bulgarian king genocide) and Kenneth "Yum Yum" Krum (arrested aryan warrior leader). But can be only coincidence. And by the way, the bearded guy has no physical similarities with these above.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 13, 2013 10:50 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am562
triplemultiplex wrote:
Right away the preview clip shows all the boys in their Lord of the Rings costumes from that great 6th season episode.

Is it really so? If you take a closer look at Jimmy, for instance, you'll see that his headwear is a little different from what it used to be 10 years ago. If you look even more closelier, it becomes clear that Kenny is no longer trapped inside Cartman's body. Furthermore, he's getting in touch with his feminine side, as a result. Butters has been promoted from a miserable Gollum-like creature to whatever character he's currently playing. So much has changed since the last gathering of the Fellowship, only the Wizard and the Jew have stayed true to their initial choice of equipment. Another proof that those two have an awful lot in common.

I'm not sure as to whether this episode is supposed to mark the 10th anniversary of Backdoor Sluts 9, be a promo video for The Stick of Truth, or a spoof of The Hobbit, or all of the above plus something else. I just know that so far Season 17 has been relying heavily on the past. Can a story such as this one, a story that has a strong "Two Towers" meets "Something Wall-Mart" vibe to it, can it possibly break this pattern? If M&T are so hell bent on nostalgia, maybe it's time to use it to the show's advantage? At least, that's what I'm hoping for.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 15, 2013 4:18 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am562
JamesPup wrote:
I like the mall security guard with the scar over his eye, I think he will be the head mall security guard or maybe he is the veteran of mall security and has seen a many a Black Friday and lived to tell about it. I bet he ends up dead.

Damn! Sometimes when you hit the bull's eye, it turns out to be not an eye, but an eyepatch imitating a huge scar. In other words, you pretty much nailed it!

VACOOLA wrote:
I'm not sure as to whether this episode is supposed to mark the 10th anniversary of Backdoor Sluts 9, be a promo video for The Stick of Truth, or a spoof of The Hobbit, or all of the above plus something else.

All of the above minus The Hobbit, plus Game of Thrones. No one saw that coming.

VACOOLA wrote:
Can a story such as this one, a story that has a strong "Two Towers" meets "Something Wall-Mart" vibe to it, can it possibly break this pattern?

Apparently, it can. The story hasn't been finished yet, so it's a bit early to draw conclusions. But the beginning of the story did live up to my expectations, which is all that matters.

Okay, now I'm done talking to myself and double posting.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 15, 2013 5:06 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
(why is this still open?)

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 2 of 2 22 posts Previous  1, 2