Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 5 70 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 12:25 am Offline
Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:54 am11
As many have said, this was easily the best episode of the season thus far. 8.8/10 :D I haven't laughed this hard since season 14! well done T&M... And it's a 2 part-er, can't wait till next week :)

Everyone's saying Kenny betrayed them, but I think Kenny is just playing both sides of the field. :gaykenny: Just laying low, hoping which ever side comes out on top, gives him a free next Gen.

And as for PS4 vs XboxOne, I'm personally rooting for the Okama GameSphere2 to come out on top. 8)
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 12:33 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
So relieved of a very good episode FINALLY for this season. Was entertained and laughed the whole time, which I expect. I knew Stan was going to be one of the kids on the PS4 side as soon as they split. Funny how the kids can't just pick the one they like best and be happy. I'm so sure every single kid in the whole town can or will want to play on only one device so they can chat with each other. I know nothing of gaming so don't know if it really is that important.
Randy as a mall cop to get in front of all the lines. Didn't see that coming and so it made it funny. Who else saw the old cop's death coming?? His scar was just a moveable piece! XD And the other older guy tired of kids plotting in his garden! There's still no reason I see Kenny is a princess...
The Elmo doll!! LOL!! And a free map of Japan for the PS4! The throwback to per-ordering games means nothing- guys in CA aren't even finished making it. I see what they did there... :wink: The Black Friday shoppers outside the mall peering in. Many great scenes tonight.
Looks like a two-parter- exciting! Cannot wait to see how things are resolved next week.
9/10
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 12:42 am Offline
Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:51 am3
I really hope its gonna be trilogy like Imaginationland... great ep ;)
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 1:08 am Offline
Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:48 am1
Great episode
BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU PostThu Nov 14, 2013 1:24 am Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm302
It also could be a one-parter. It was an episode about Black Friday. Next week could fool us and be about something else. (I hope it's a two-parter or a trilogy, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is it for this subject).

For now, I'll just say:

WINTER IS COMING!

XBOX ONE!

CHOOSE A SIDE!
Last edited by zzyzx 2 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 1:25 am Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
I'll say it again. People like episodes that have all the kids, and give them all ample lines and air time. That's one reason I liked it.

The randomness of Randy going "buzz buzz" for the first time was funny to me. The Elmo toothpaste thing, not as much. I've seen so many cum jokes and references, it's not too funny anymore. Plus, I do that sh*it every day when I'm not having sex with my girl, so I don't see the appeal. The eyepatch was kinda funny.

Also, fuck the Xbox One. I find it incredible some people still want to give it a chance after the horrific field day Microsoft had when they announced all those limitations and stipulations. For me, it doesn't matter if some of them were later repealed - Microsoft has already proven they're after your money by any means necessary. Plus, I nearly cheered when Stan said the PS4 controller was better. The original XBOX controller and that of the 360 were so bulky I couldn't hold it comfortably, and it was arguably the worst controller since the Gamecube's. There's a reason the PlayStation controller has only received very minor changes over two decades. Plus, let us not forget what happened with Microsoft backing HD-DVD and Sony bidding in favor of Blu-Ray. We all know who won that one. It's been nice with my PS3, only having ONE DISC per game AND better graphics, albeit marginally.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 5:41 am Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Great episode. Looking forward to the conclusion.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 6:14 am Offline
Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:43 am1
Loved the episode, anytime I see the gang together in their "Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" gear it makes me excited for the upcoming game.

Does it bother anyone else that it goes from the first 20 people in the mall to 30? Editing Mistake?
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 6:58 am Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
I think it was the best of the season so far. Don't care about PS4 or Xbox One because I'm getting a Wii U as soon as I sell my books back from this semester. The Elmo doll and everyone going crazy was hilarious, especially after watching a World's Dumbest clip a while back where everyone went crazy over the Elmo dolls.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 7:11 am Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 pm78
"Because that's how XBox people are!" So funny and so true.
Loved, LOVED this episode! First time this season the show EXCEEDED my expectations. Great job, Trey and Matt!

Randy's real motive for being a mall cop, and Sharon calling him out :lol:
The Star Trek Kids and Cartman's reaction to them :lol:
Stop Touching Me Elmo :lol:
Butters' interpretation of Game of Thrones :lol:

Again, GREAT episode! 9.5/10 Can NOT wait for the second part!
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 7:37 am Offline
Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:47 pm7
If they continue it next week, this was a fantastic episode! If this is supposed to be it, and there's no second part, then it ended pretty poorly.

But now that I think about it I can't believe they never did a Black Friday episode before, it's the perfect target!

On a side note, I'm leaning more towards the PS4 but I really don't care since I won't be getting either for quite some time. I'm more of a Nintendo guy anyway and I'm quite happy with my Wii U. I was hoping someone (probably Butters) was going to say something like "I already have my console of choice...the Wii U!" And then everyone laughs at him because that's pretty much the reaction I get.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 8:15 am Offline
Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:37 am1
Great episode, for all the reasons everyone else has stated beforehand. In my opinion it's the best episode since "Poor Kid". Loved it when Kenny's mouse roared at the end. Of course this will be a 2 parter. After next week's show, 1708, M & T take a one week break, according to the show scheduale, then wrap the season up with the final 2 shows. That's the main reason why I don't think this will be a 3 part episode. It was really nice to see a preview of the different kid factions we may encounter in The Stick of Truth game. I'm surprised that there wasn't a girls faction in this episode. (Maybe next week?) Also, I too think Kenny is playing both sides. :P
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 9:35 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
Not only was this the best episode of the season, to me it's one of the great episodes of South Park overall. M&T still got it.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 12:11 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
I had a good vibe about this episode after seeing the kids in South Park, the Game garb in the preview. I just love kids-being-kids episodes, and this storyline takes it to a whole new level of epic-ness in SP history.

Love the return of many seldom-used kid characters as well as various kids-being-kids elements from past episodes. IMO it's a much better SP-homage storyline than 200/201. Won't surprise me if Mintberry Crunch somehow returns and saves the kids and the whole town from themselves.

The emotional subplots of the tension between Stan and Kyle as well as Cartman and Kenny's plot to backstab all the other kids are great too. Incorporate Wendy into the storyline and throw in a Kenny death, and I'll be one happy camper.

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into a three-parter, since a hypothetical third episode would air on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, a little over 24 hours before the Black Friday madness...dun dun dun... It would have been the perfect season finale too if the power grid had not failed on M&T and Co. a few weeks back.

Next Wednesday can't come soon enough...

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 14, 2013 12:28 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
JerWu17 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into a three-parter, since a hypothetical third episode would air on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, a little over 24 hours before the Black Friday madness...dun dun dun... It would have been the perfect season finale too if the power grid had not failed on M&T and Co. a few weeks back.

Next Wednesday can't come soon enough...

Check the schedule in the episode player. :) After next Wednesday, the next episode will be on December 4, not November 27. A third episode is still possible on the 4th though, to show us how things turned out.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 2 of 5 70 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next