Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 6 79 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
*1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 7:59 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Now airing on Comedy Central!
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 8:01 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
"Brought to you by Xbox One"

I hope that doesn't affect the outcome of the coming battle. :lol:
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 8:15 pm Offline
What can I say about act 1 except they are building some delicious tension. The action is progressing at a rate that leads me to doubt a conclusion by the bottom of the hour. They've introduced another plot over at Microsoft that now must be serviced. I think we might be looking at a trilogy.
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 8:24 pm Offline
Princess McKormick hasn't made any additional moves so far this episode.
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 8:42 pm Offline
Sure enough, it's a trilogy!

Princess Kenny in anime form. So great.

This is quite the epic we've got ourselves. I can't help but start the comparisons to Imaginationland. Consequently, I'm treating this episode as act 2 of a movie more so than a standalone show. In that context, Song of Ass and Fire did it's job well of advancing the story, introducing new elements and preparing us for a big throw down.
Great job pointing out how the media salivates over this shopping stampede nonsense.

It does suck that they pretty much just told us we have to wait two weeks to see how this ends. I'm going to read a lot of bitching about that over the break. Seems like it'll be worth the wait.

Maybe the outcome will be determined by what goes down next Friday. Incorporate some animated versions of this year's violence.
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 8:44 pm Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm99Antelope California
I was right it is a trilogy. Bill Gates was real funny and I loved how that CEO was killed. George R. R. Martin is so gay. Why is he so obsessed with wieners? I really like the princess Kenny bit. I have to wonder if people would mind if Kenny kept going on as a female? What if Kenny becomes a transgender kid? I like the idea and thought the show should have transgender kids on it. I have to say I started to get sick of the betrayal garden. The Kenny anime clip they had where he is a Japanese princess was good and it had a unicorn in it, that is like my little pony. I bet people will be happy about that. I thought the first one, Black Friday, was a little better but it was still a very good episode.
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 8:45 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
I'm wondering why this nightmare couldn't have been finished in 2 episodes, and now we likely have to be tortured with another.

Game Of Thrones is TERRIBLE. No wonder they let me have another 3 free months of HBO. It's not worth the $26 a month they charge for that sh*t.

Kenny being an official Japanese princes is the only part of this episode that was worth watching. Too many dragged out scenes.

X-Box will likely win this one (at least on TV) since they're obviously paying for it.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 8:47 pm Offline
Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:27 pm21
Well this was pretty good. Steve Blamer the head of Microsoft gets almost killed by Bill Gates and he says he wants the console wars to push even more harder. Cartman is mad because Princess Kenny betrayed him and thoses scenes where he was talking to Butters and Kyle about having the Xbox One for themselves and leave the rest without it. Meaning Cartman is planning to betray his own army (I think). But when Bill Gates tells Cartman what he was going to say but he took the words out of Cartmas mouth and he was confused. I laughed so many times at that guy who complained that they were on his property. The only things I didn't like was when that Japanese Guy of Sony was having sex with a MALE REPORTER!?! WTF? Okay...that was disgusting and that Penis whatever Dragon thing just got a little out of hand. Overall this is a good Act not as good as the first one but still good.
7.8/10

PS: We will have a Part 3 after the Xbox One has been launched its going to be intense. I will admit these console wars are stupid but its funny that Matt and Trey are making fun of it.

PSS: If your asking me I will see how well the PS4 and Xbox One will do next year once they improve and then I will consider getting the one I like.
Last edited by francisjairam121 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 8:53 pm Offline
Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:41 pm1
Wiener Wiener Wiener :lol: just great Brought To You By XboxOne :lol: glad i wasn't the only one who noticed that lol
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 8:53 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
9.0/10
Even funnier last week, I guess we all should've seen that George R. R. Martin was gonna be obsessed with wieners, that Weiner Party choir had me laughing for a whole goddamn minute. Cartman's continuous talks of betrayal, Tom and Tammy's shameful activities, the zombie-like hoards of shoppers and Princess Kenny's very own TV show were also fricking hilarious. A nice little touch there when George pushed Black Friday AND Thanksgiving back a week. Obviously, it looks like we're getting a third part in a couple of weeks, probably because Trey and Matt want to evaluate the Xbox One's public reception. The thing that bothered me about this one though was the statement about a lot of people you know dying. I hope to god no regulars die next time aside from Kenny. We really don't need an SP version of Red Wedding, period.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 9:02 pm Offline
Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 pm11
Absolutely loved Japanese Princess Kenny. All of the garden scenes were hilarious. And now it's gonna be a trilogy. All I can say is that I can't wait! Of course everyone at South Park gets to have their Thanksgiving Break, but it's gonna be soo hard to wait. So looking forward to seeing where this goes. I hope to see more interaction between Stan and Kyle. Will Kyle actually try to get Stan grounded? The scandal!
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 9:10 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I liked it but I could use less of the Sony and Microsoft folks and more of the kids and folks again. Bill Gates felt kind of unfit here to me. I'm actually really glad to see the News Team and we finally got a name for the newer Tom after six or so seasons, plus he has a sister (I was wondering if they'd make reference to GoT's rampant incest) and the reporter. But I'm still holding out some weak hope we hear from Bill, Fosse, or some of the other tertiary kids. Wayne D's also still silent.

I have a feeling this was really supposed to be a two-parter and they changed decisions at the last minute, thus the weird ending.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 9:49 pm Offline
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 am25
yet another stunner. brilliant sequel, although not quite as good as black friday, but still crammed with amazing jokes and references. the weiner song was hilarious. other fond moments include the news reporter incest scene, the old man and cartman having arguments about the betrayal yard, princess kenny becoming the japanese princess and the abrupt ending.

also, for the beginning narration, i wonder if emilia clarke offered her voice for this episode. it really sounded exactly like her. i want to know if that really was her voice narration at the beginning. if it isn't, then the voice actor is very impressive in terms of imitation.

9/10 can't wait for an epic conclusion
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 10:25 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Amazing. Hoping it spans four episodes.
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 20, 2013 10:37 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Amazing. Hoping it spans four episodes.

A quadrilogy? Somehow, I doubt it.

But you never know.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 6 79 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next