Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 6 79 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 22, 2013 11:22 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
2coolhipdude wrote:
I find it pathetic that people are posting comments while the show is playing. You know how dumb that sounds? "Oh that's funny". Ha ha, that's funny too". "This is neat being a 2 parter". "A trilogy? Wow!". *facepalm*

Four posts in eight years? Maybe that's why you're not familiar with the internet.

I don't see Kenny's role playing as a princess to be all that weird. He is Mysterion after all. And both of those alter egos provide convenient escapism from is impoverished home life. It makes him an even more interesting character.

I wouldn't stress about Stan and Kyle's little split in this trilogy. They always find the way their way back to being besties in the end.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 22, 2013 1:32 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
FreeQuebec86 wrote:
( Not english sorry )

1- Question : Hope much episode are left in the seasons ? 1-2-3 ?

2- Video Gamezzzzzzzzz

The 2 episode seem tie the South Park game.

The future game seem to be 100% control by Trey and Matt Parker. They "Mapped" south park for the game, that's why this season the intro we see how South park is Mapped better ( my guess )

I think Matt and Trey want to make history AGAIN. After going "outside" and RULES BROADWAY, with Book of Mormon. They want to RULES video games world with the highest, funniest, best game ever !

The trilogy ( or more ) just paved the way, the prologue, the UNIVERSE of the game !

I'm SURE 100% that the game will have reference or even a DLC $$$ for Black Friday ! The game look 100% the same of the current episode ( Cartman = wizard, kenny princess etc ) + The mapping. ( The game will be a RPG, you can chooese the JEW class LOL, you are the new kid to town and meet current persona world )

3- Kenny Princess

Inspire by jap video game and anime. I think Kenny is just now a Jap princess with super power ( Rainbow, cute/sexy pose, ultimate charming etc etc )

In many RPG, the princess is cute/powerfull with "love ray" and Sh*t haha ! Think Sailor moon.

4- South park are the best ever, i loved this season 10 YRS OF VAN HALENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

5- NO WII U........ Nintendo is coming... are they dragons ? All girls goes Nintendo ? ( no girls to date ? except kenny )

6- IF STEAM CONSOLE COME South park will be VISIONNARY !!!!!

7- PC master race would be funny ( fat people fighting )

8- Lol at xbox clear lost, like reeeeeeeeeeal life ;)

9- Randy will protect the mall maybe ?

10- Less "video-game" argument this time, it was Reeeally funny to us gamer xD. Hope they come back.

1. 2 more episodes - December 4 and December 11

2. Yes. That was the idea when they were making the game, so you can say this goes back two years, maybe three, when "The Stick Of Truth" was just called "The Game."

3. Yes, Sailor Moon brooch, Zelda's apparel

5. No Wii U, because that came out last year. But since Zelda is represented, maybe in two weeks...

9. Isn't Randy protecting it now? :P
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 22, 2013 2:39 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
An 8.5 for me, wasn't really as good as the first. I'm excited that it's a trilogy, maybe a quadrilogy? Wouldn't be bad, but I'm afraid they'd be milking it if they did a fourth episode. Some of this week's episode felt a little lackluster though.

I feel like there's been a lot of strain between Stan and Kyle's friendship in the last 3 weeks, starting with "Ginger Cow." But after what they did with "Assburgers," I'm talking it with a grain of salt.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 22, 2013 2:52 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
piece0fshit wrote:
I dig the clockwork orange reference with the penis statue.

Which one?
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 22, 2013 3:35 pm Offline
Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:20 pm6
was not impressed to be honest.. I feel like they could have added some really fun and cultural elements but they didn't. Kind of was boring by south park standards.. Really feels like they are running out of ideas.. I draw the Smurf episode in as an example of 'promise' because they drew on hear say or whatever about some movie coming out in the future to mock.. It feels like this season they have fallen behind times in relevance to pop culture which is kind of off putting since A) they promised quality for less episodes and B) they still follow the "last minute" construction of episodes - as admitted by a power outage a day or so before an episode aired.. if they gave more than 7 days to FORCE out an episode, they could go back to quality.. you can't confine creativity like that.. and it really has shown over the past couple seasons :S .. don't get me wrong, they have a few good episodes, but seems those 'few' are dwindling the more they keep trying to highschool 'last minute' their efforts....

tl; dr.. the 'bar' of quality lowers every season, and the sense of "i am forcing out episodes" is more apparent every season with a 7 day work window..
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 22, 2013 3:49 pm Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm70
I thought I had another reply on this thread. Either I didn't submit it or it got deleted. Anyway, here it goes.

I really think we have a 4-part episode upon us.

Part I - Black Friday
Part II - A song of ass and fire
Part III - Some episode on Black Friday itself
Part IV - Console wars

I also don't think we've seen the last of 'Stop Touching Me Elmo' yet, either in this 3-part (or 4 part) episode. I think either the consoles will come alive and become gigantic super powers, only to be destroyed by Elmo's pervertedness somehow. Somehow I originally thought Barbra Streisand would make a comeback to South Park (even though she was blown off the planet), but I think it'll be Elmo instead.

There has to be a scene having to do with XBOX One's Kinect 2.
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 22, 2013 6:02 pm Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm99Antelope California
Hey I just noticed something that no one has said yet. The guy who owns the betrayal garden looks a lot like George W. Bush. That could be on purpose because there were news stories about how on the Game Of Thrones there was a decapitated head that was featured of the likeness of George W. Bush. HBO got in trouble for it and changed it somewhat. I wonder if the live tweets or something will ever tell us if I was right.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/2 ... 25502.html

I’m talking about at 17:01 of “A Song of Ass and Fire“. I haven’t checked out any of the other times they showed the betrayal garden owner.
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 23, 2013 12:43 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
JOSHSKORN wrote:
I thought I had another reply on this thread. Either I didn't submit it or it got deleted.

Check Page 2.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 23, 2013 6:47 am Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm302
Well, I finally saw the episode, one time. I have to watch it a few more times to make a comment or rating on the episode.

After my first viewing this late before I go to bed I notice that the only one who was making any sense in that he was talking about the real world instead of the fantasy world of wizards and the game of throne and the kids carrying Cartman around on a wooden litter was none other than Stuart McCormick when he said about Kenny:

"What the hėll is he wearing now?" :lol:

[I'll post my comments later after some sleep and I watch this again when I'm awake - right click for the whole image]

Oh, and I enjoyed the opening of the show, where the theme song usually is. It was a modified video opening, with familiar scenes including Grandpa Marsh, and some changes specific to this trilogy of episodes. Yes there was no theme song :shock: :shock:

No: ♫♫ Goin' down to south park gonna have myself a time!
Friendly faces everywhere, humble folks without temptation! ♫♫

Very cool. For the first time in 17 years, no singing of the theme song. Perhaps because this was the middle episode of a trilogy :?:
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 am Offline
Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:02 pm34
Here we go. Blackmail, greed, honor, betrayal. The conflict of ideas is back in this episode with no mercy. We lose many of these without the knowledge about the details on Game of Thrones. Perhaps is not a great idea for young kids to watch this one... but also is not a good idea to them watching SP. So, for adults and teenagers with an opened mind, watching both we see the recovering of old SP force, with fulness. And it is memorable.

Cartman, once an wizard, is now (mixed) the Lord Petyr "Little Finger" Baelish, walking through the garden with their victms. Cartman, remember, talking about been a "ruler" was put in his place by Bill Gates, the "real ruler".

Butters, again, is inserted on a missing character asking for dragons. The same, that can be close to him, is Jon Snow, who looks for nothing, goes for anywhere.

Kenny, with a frenzied mind, as Queen Daenerys Targaryen (their family loses the kingdon). So, both lives in their "own worlds", thinking to change the reality. Kenny and Daenerys lived and still live in a sh*t life. But both still dream.

The cliffhanger is great. And the beginning of the episode was fully of excitement.

The penises were the cherry in the cake. George R R Martin must be laughing right now.
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 23, 2013 4:42 pm Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 pm78
The narrative with Princess Kenny at the start of the episode was PERFECT! So haunting, riveting and funny at the same time. :lol:
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 23, 2013 10:15 pm Offline
Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:44 pm40
Big-Will wrote:
9. Isn't Randy protecting it now? :P

Yeeah, but i mean, could he attack his son ?

4 episode would rooooooock.
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 24, 2013 5:39 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Arrest him and hold him for police, maybe.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 25, 2013 5:31 pm Offline
Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 pm192In your hearts.
Fighting evil by the moonlight
Winning love by daylight
Never running from a real fight
She is one named Sailor... Kenny! :D
Send me a PM. (Milo Vonnegut)

Milo Vonnegut, Milo Vonnegut 2, Online Milo, Milo Vonnegut 3, Keyblade, Tugennov Olim
Re: *1708: A Song of Ass and Fire* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 26, 2013 12:47 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Princess Ken!
My SP Fan Site.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 6 79 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next