Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 17 of 19 285 posts Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostFri Mar 23, 2007 8:32 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:07 pm955Willy Dribble!!!
Big-Will wrote:
hainted wrote:
More strange South Park anomalies...

When they were all leaving to go after Kenny with the socks and bars of soap...

The first time I saw it Jimmy clearly said, "we're gonna fuck him up"...

The second time I saw it Jimmy was bleeped.

:shock: WTF?

The downloads I get are usually from the first airing, and this week has Jimmy sayind "Yeah! We're gonna fu-, fu-, **** him up!" Either they took out the "fu-"s or bleeped them.

"Not the socks" - Is that where I hear Kenny say "No! No no, you guys!"?

OMG WE'RE BACK ON TOPIC!!!

XD I remember <i>somebody</i> protesting and I do clearly recal "not the socks" and a few other words but I wasn't paying attention because it took me a moment to realize it was OMG KENNY!
I'll have to rewatch it.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
PostFri Mar 23, 2007 8:35 pm Offline
Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:14 pm646
Big-Will wrote:
hainted wrote:
More strange South Park anomalies...

When they were all leaving to go after Kenny with the socks and bars of soap...

The first time I saw it Jimmy clearly said, "we're gonna fuck him up"...

The second time I saw it Jimmy was bleeped.

:shock: WTF?

The downloads I get are usually from the first airing, and this week has Jimmy sayind "Yeah! We're gonna fu-, fu-, **** him up!" Either they took out the "fu-"s or bleeped them.

"Not the socks" - Is that where I hear Kenny say "No! No no, you guys!"?

That's what I know. I went back to your site and noticed you made the corrections. Thankyou.
PostFri Mar 23, 2007 9:29 pm Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
Big-Will wrote:
Anyone who posts here on a regular basis is a fan. As for kissing MnT's asses, we're not doing that unless they're at the top of their game, and frankly, it's been a while since they've been there. If we bitch about their recent eps, it's because we know they can do better. We've seen them do better before.

For once I agree with you Will..I watched this episode last night..Lets just say, I really wish I had chosen to watch the horror movie my friend loaned me instead. There have been quite a few more recent South Parks I didn't like, but this is the first time I felt like I had wasted time watching it.

Maybe if someone throws a stick, Token Mike will leave..LOL..Just look at him..He is the kind of fan I have been complaining about for awhile, the kind who is a complete ass when someone doesn't like something on the show, and thinks everyone on this board ought to be down on their knees kissing Trey and Matt's asses 24/7. Glad I am not the only one who sees how annoying that is.
PostFri Mar 23, 2007 9:43 pm Offline
Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:09 pm2640In that blimp right above your house.
I think this episode was OK, but I loved the end where they ripped on Angelina. They should rip on her more and do an episode where she adopts kenny or someone.

Anyways, staying on topic, 6/10
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 3:14 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Unhooded Kenny wrote:
That's what I know. I went back to your site and noticed you made the corrections. Thankyou.

Welcome. :) The secrets are never closed to corrections if there are any to be made.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 4:51 am Offline
Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:09 am9Glasgow, Scotland
Hey all, I just wanna say that I'm a massive fan of South Park. Why it's taken so long to get an account, I really don't know. Anyways here's my thoughts on this episode;

Firstly; This episode is awesome!! What I liked about it is that it's more laid back than other episodes. I thought personally that Season 10 was filled with messages and all based on political and moral issues. This was more about the kids and all that childhood innocence that we have all encountered at some point. I at one point was terrified of getting lice because my friends would have ripped on me for that. I'm sure we can all relate to that subject.

Secondly; It's great to see other kids of South Park getting a fair piece. Butters, Token, Jimmy, Timmy have all had big parts in the past so it seemed only fair that Clyde got a chance. Personally I feel this episode would've had more impact if it was made during the first five seasons. This episode does have a slightly weak plotline, which would've fitted perfectly in say Season 3. We would expect a little more from Season 11. I'm a big fan so I like every episode anyways.

Lastly; The use of animation in this episode is by far some of the best effects I've seen. The part when the gigantic eye looks down on the lice is awesome as is the big fingers coming down on the hair. People shouldn't be so harsh about the character and plot-line aspects of this episode, South Park is about more than that. Also I'm I the only one who noticed this but is that the first time we see Craig with his hat off??

To all people who slammed this episode. True fans of South Park will appreciate every episode that gets aired. We should all be thankful it's on the air and still making us laugh. All this worst episode EVER, a true fan wouldn't say that but then again as stated in, "I'm A Little Bit Country", it's like having your cake and eating it too.

Anyways I'm rambling on! I'm Off to have some Bacon.

TASTY-BACON
It was like this one time, emm, this one time when I farted and it, it smelled like Bacon and I made him want some Bacon so I squeezed out a turd wrapped in Bacon. It was a squeeker!
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 8:43 am Offline
  • YIM
Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:07 pm955Willy Dribble!!!
Tasty-Bacon wrote:
This was more about the kids and all that childhood innocence that we have all encountered at some point. I at one point was terrified of getting lice because my friends would have ripped on me for that. I'm sure we can all relate to that subject.

Anyways I'm rambling on! I'm Off to have some Bacon.

TASTY-BACON

I agree with you for the most part except that you shouldn't assume everyone here wants to be a "true fan." =P But yeah... good points and the first "omg true fan" who doesn't come across as too huge an air-head.

At any rate you also mentioned the lice thing and reminded of a funny story while watching.

Cute Story that Happened While Watching this Episode
(Even though Big Will believes I never watched it. XD)
While my dad and I were watching it I was reminded of when I had lice and how I thought I was the only one who had it; then when I told my dad he laughed and said "no honey all the kids had it don't feel bad." and the ending WAS EXACTLY LIKE THAT!~!! (I posted this on my DA blog if it seems familure)

Yeah so it sort of solved an old mystery for me. LOL XD I AM SO f*cking DENSE. Not to have known that sooner. It didn't help that when the nurse told me I had lice I started screaming "No! It's fleas! It's fleas!!!!" Haha... I had fleas. XD
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 12:19 pm Offline
Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 am287Glasgow, Scotland
No. No. No.

True fans? It's called fanboyism. Although I hate that word with utter contempt, someone who doesn't criticize and passes off the other opinion as "unappreciative of Matt/Trey's talent" or "Has never done so, therefore can't judge" is not only a fool but ignorant too.

The entire point of subjects is for things to be criticized and judged. It's like saying about a soccer player "oh, he sucks" and then having the opinion thrown back at you with "But you don't know so don't judge". Absolute rubbish. I'm sure that South Park have enough ass kissing fanboys who don't judge in the entire world and not enough upfront and honest people who will judge their work on comedy and entertainment. As someone else said, nobody wants a "yes" man. Everyone wants someone who is going to say "Y'know..." and speak their mind.

A fan criticizing South Park bases it on alot of things and they DON'T have to have experience. Their experience is that they are a viewer; if they don't like something, they have every right to criticize it. It's called freedom of expression. They're probably the better person to speak to than to biased members who will jump for joy at "every frame they have ever drawn".

I judge based on the fact that I know what's funny and what's entertaining. This episode was a little bit of both; funny in one part along with entertaining but stupid and boring on the other, a rehash of the "Day After Tomorrow" plot used in South Park many episodes ago. Did I say it involved lice? It bored me to kingdom come; South Park is a show that has always delivered comedy bar from a few episodes where they try new ideas which are funny to THEM. That's why Family Guy's current season is in the sh*ts as they don't think about their jokes; they just put songs and such in the episodes to try fill. And I, as a viewer, can't stand that. I criticized Sopranos when it was having it's boring moments and I certajnly criticize The Simpsons and such for being the same as Family Guy; boring, entertaining maybe but not funny whatsoever defeating the entire purpose of the show.

A viewer has every right to judge. If you don't like it, tough. We don't need fanboys. We need fair judgemental fans who will see sh*t for what it is and tell the creators how they feel.
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 3:19 pm Offline
Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:21 pm9
I noticed this morning that this episode is on the iTunes Store but when I "Check For Purchases", it says that I've downloaded everything. Is this happening to anyone else?
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 5:00 pm Offline
Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:06 pm2254New Atlanta, Sector 11, Building 71G
Everyone is subject to a little lapse in objectivity now and then. However there are two types that I can't stand.

The first would be those newbies who show up just to make some retarded hit-and-run post saying that it was the "worst episode ever" or give it a 1/10 rating. The strange thing I've noticed, which all of these people seem to have in common, is that they never try to explain why they didn't like it, and they don't give examples from the actual episode. You don't have to like every episode, and I don't know of anyone who does 100%, but at least have the wherewithal to back up what you're saying.

On the other side, there are people like whatever his name is (over the past few pages) who think that any kind of criticism whatsoever will somehow harm the show. Blame the fans for costing M&T their income? How far out of it can you possibly get? Almost everyone here knows that M&T are set for life, and are mostly doing the show for fun because it lets them get away with practically whatever they want.

Concrit isn't going to hurt anything; in fact, I think it's just the opposite. People would be doing a greater disservice to any given writer, or cartoonist, or comedian, if they NEVER said anything remotely critical. The "Free Hat" episode, which was brought up earlier, is a perfect example. If the fans see something they don't like, they should have the guts to stand up and say something about it.

The way I see it, disingenuous praise is no different from blind criticism. Both are completely irrational.

Anyway, I kind of feel the same way about the lice subplot, in that too much focus was put on it instead of on the main plot involving the boys. However, I do think that it was very clever on their part to include that subplot. It showed that they weren't one-sided when it comes to certain issues, but even more than that, it showed that their main concern isn't to take one political side or the other, but to come up with an entertaining parody.

And yeah, they missed a chance to have the lice thinking it was global warming when Clyde turned on his hair dryer. :D
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 5:47 pm Offline
  • YIM
Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:33 pm2505Ohio
6/10

I did not find the episode too funny, though I appreciated the fact the episode included a lot more story into it than most new episodes have been doing, as they stick entirely to current events.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 7:29 pm Offline
Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:45 pm38Houston
Awesome episode. I love Travis. Well, not really his voice. But I cannot stop laughing every time he says "baby".

When I kept hearing him say bey bay, dude. I almost pissed myself.

Which inspired my new sig.

I NEED TO PROTECT MY BEY BAY!!!!
All Hail Matt and Trey.
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 8:53 pm Offline
Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:11 pm61PumpkinNuts, Texas
This episode didn't quite hit it big for me. Don't know why, but it definitely wasn't a favorite. I enjoyed 'Cartman Sucks' and 'Apologies to Jesse Jackson' a lot more.

This one just didn't . . . focus on what really matters in South Park. It instead reminded me of an entirely different television show. As many have said before, the lice-on-Clyde's-head subplot was included a lot more than the actual boys were. I, frankly, have always loved the ones about the boys and do not think any other plots besides those revolving around them are really necessary.

But, then again, that's just me.
"Don't ever go through life thinking that there isn't any hope, because then, there isn't any." --I don't know who said this, but probably someone who's pretty smart.

I don't cheer for the title. I cheer for my health.
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 9:37 pm Offline
  • YIM
Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:33 pm2505Ohio
Lonely_Jew wrote:
As many have said before, the lice-on-Clyde's-head subplot was included a lot more than the actual boys were. I, frankly, have always loved the ones about the boys and do not think any other plots besides those revolving around them are really necessary.

That's something I forgot to mention. Granted, yes, the lice part was funny.. but I wanted to see more of the actual boys than that. At times, if one just tuned to the TV randomly, besides the animation effect, one could not tell that it is South Park
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
PostSun Mar 25, 2007 5:19 am Offline
Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:12 am74uk
10/10. Really.

Sort by  
Page 17 of 19 285 posts Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next