Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 10 of 12 177 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 06, 2008 2:34 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:29 pm202Where the sun Don't shine; England!
Watching the early seasons, when they had B and C stories, I see how good they were. I really think 9 was the worst the show's got to, and even that wasn't too bad. Season 11 was beaten below season 10 for me, by the crappy second half, which tried to hard to be epic. Now season 12 has been quite cool so far, the last two episodes being total classics, to completely counter Britneys love it or hate it fiasco and the totally unfunny Aids one.

The episodes have all failed to reach their potential sadly. There's something wrong with the snazzy graphics, the coherent plot, the good voices... something too hollywood for SP.

It isn't really a slow, painful death though. The early seasons were not that much better than what's on show today. It just all stayed IN TOWN, no trecking across the world. That's what we need, less epic, more down to small town earth.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 06, 2008 2:35 pm Offline
Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:19 pm10139Billy bonka's amazing Drug Factory
i really like season 12 except for britines new look but aside from that horrible episode its a great season
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 06, 2008 9:01 pm Offline
Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:35 pm55
Kenny...?
You shouldn't a done dat.
He's just a boy.
Poor little feller.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 06, 2008 10:33 pm Offline
Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:38 pm11
We thought it was a terrific episode, and completely ironic considering that the streaming episodes have this message:

"Due to pre-existing Contractual Obligations, we cannot stream this episode until 04.26.08." (This one was from our favorite from this season, "Major Boobage.")

All in all, an extremely good episode, easily getting an 8 of 10 from us.

Our favorite gig had to be the G-8 summit not even caring what Canada did, but wanting Newfoundland for a theme park after the Canadians were all dead. LOL

Guy n Gal
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 07, 2008 10:20 am Offline
Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:19 pm7
This episode was funny...even better than episode 1202..haha i love that "NUMA NUMA" guy from youtube..and of corse Butters..he was AWSOME. cant get enough of butters.

keep it guys
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 07, 2008 1:25 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
PIPaul wrote:
Watching the early seasons, when they had B and C stories, I see how good they were.

Heh, they don't think the early seasons were all that good. They had to learn a lot about pacing and writing those first few years. So far, they like seasons 5-7 the best.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 07, 2008 1:37 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
I know Matt and Trey hate the early seasons, think Season 2 was a lost cause and just their mucking about trying to find a style that fit, and that they hated the B and C stories. But i think it was more, that they couldn't keep up doing more than one story per episode, like in the old days, because they're too big slackers. I don't mean that the new episodes are little Mr. Hankeys, but compared to the old ones, they arn't golden nugets.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 07, 2008 3:32 pm Offline
Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 am287Glasgow, Scotland
Meh.

That's one word to sum it up really for this episode - okay story, potential humour in it and a ridiculous story about Youtube celebrities... and it blew. Very little that was funny, really.

To be fair, I found the Family Guy reference funny and the Youtube stuff remotely humerous but the rest of it was lame. There's funny and then there's just plain annoying - this "I'm not your buddy, guy" which, trust me, repetative comedy has only worked a few times. This wasn't one of them.

Season 12 has been the worst season so far - the first episode had a great beginning and a crap end, episode 2 was plain crap, episode 3 was a great story and funny parts but not generally that good and this episode was little laughs. I'm all for the parody stuff but really, you have to deliver on the laughs as well. And for some reason, probably the fact that Matt Stone doesn't co-write with Trey anymore, this season has been very meh.

But this new episode preview? I do have some hope that it will perk up. But not much, to be honest.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 08, 2008 3:02 pm Offline
Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:12 am24Italy
nall wrote:

Holy jesus excsme I am an r-tard six days have passed... but where did You find Bubb Rubb and the Chinese Backstreet Boys?
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 08, 2008 6:29 pm Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:49 pm1
Best Scene of south park ever:

"Mere Peanuts"

"Nothing takes priority over Chocolate Rain' :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :cartmanevillaugh: :cartmanangry: :cartmancry: :cartmansmile: :cartmanevil: :frozenkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :cartmanyell: :chaos:
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 10, 2008 4:13 am Offline
Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:55 am11UK
I loved how the Canadian musical number was reminiscent of the movie. Can't remember if they did any singing in the Terrance & Philip episodes.

The appearance of Dramatic Prairie Dog (called dramatic look gopher in the episode) pretty much made this episode for me. xD

To be honest, quite a few of the internet memes were unknown to me until now, and I'm guessing barely anyone (including myself) knew that Butters' music video was based on a real song, I had laughter fits when I found the original one on Youtube. xD
I shall smash your skull, like a clam on my tummeh!
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 10, 2008 4:29 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I think I actually laughed hardest at the Butters "What-What" parody because someone here posted a link to the "Scary what-what" in the random video thread. I watched the original and said that it was actually scarier. :lol:
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 10, 2008 5:46 am Offline
Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:12 am24Italy
Rune wrote:

To be honest, quite a few of the internet memes were unknown to me until now, and I'm guessing barely anyone (including myself) knew that Butters' music video was based on a real song, I had laughter fits when I found the original one on Youtube. xD

To find it actually on Youtube, afterwards, was a laugh; they are able to make the most obscure references! plus, from what I see, the stars have been strongly publicised by the episode itself and packs of viewers are posting comments
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 12, 2008 11:10 am Offline
Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:07 am2
Butters - What What (In The Butt)

OMG this is so funny!

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/106954811/What_What__In_The_Butt_.wav
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 12:16 pm Offline
Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:11 pm1
This episode was great. I hope Stephen Abootman makes a return in the near future. I think the people that bitch about the show hold onto their personal expectations and if there not met then they dismiss the episode... well guy(s) it aboot respect and south park deserves, not demands, it...

Sort by  
Page 10 of 12 177 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next