Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 12 of 14 209 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 30, 2008 11:32 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Kensuke wrote:
I'm not in college and I hate anime. I got the name Kensuke from the episode 'Good times with weapons'. It was Kenny's ninja name. As for super fun time, I give it a 8/10, to get back on discussion. THEY KILLED MAH PAR!!!!

Er, I can only assume you pulled that name out of your ass or out of Wikipedia's ass, 'cause I couldn't understand what Kenny called himself, and no one else has stepped forward to say Kenny called himself Kensuke. In fact, none of the other guys used a syllable that also appears in their actual names.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 30, 2008 2:37 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
Big-Will wrote:
Kensuke wrote:
I'm not in college and I hate anime. I got the name Kensuke from the episode 'Good times with weapons'. It was Kenny's ninja name. As for super fun time, I give it a 8/10, to get back on discussion. THEY KILLED MAH PAR!!!!

Er, I can only assume you pulled that name out of your ass or out of Wikipedia's ass, 'cause I couldn't understand what Kenny called himself, and no one else has stepped forward to say Kenny called himself Kensuke. In fact, none of the other guys used a syllable that also appears in their actual names.


Nope, out of the game Prelude to tokugowa's ass.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 30, 2008 8:56 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Ahh, I see. I stand corrected.

Fun game, except for losing to Professor Chaos. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu May 01, 2008 5:10 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
Big-Will wrote:
Ahh, I see. I stand corrected.

Fun game, except for losing to Professor Chaos. :)


Yeah he's impossible.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu May 01, 2008 6:55 am Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue May 25, 2004 10:21 pm11556El Paso, TX (BeanerTown, USA)
This season was a major disappointment. The premise of the episodes was there, but the execution seemed sloppy and at times even lazy. The season for the most part was something I never thought I would see in South Park- boring. I was genuinely bored by some of the episodes, such as Tonsil Trouble and the Mr. Garrison plotline in Eek, A Penis!. It seems as if the ideas were never truly thought out and were aired without completely coming to fruition. Some of the episodes were above average (average being pretty sad this season), but none really stick out too much in the grand scheme of things.

And for all those who say that the show has become almost nothing but a parody of things- I agree 100%. Original plotlines with few or any references to preexisting shows, movies, books, etc. have become extremely rare. Everything's got to reference something, and while this is a good thing in small doses, it's gotten to the point where there almost CAN'T be an episode that doesn't spoof something.

For the first time this season, I have regretted the fact that Matt and Trey decided to continue South Park for another 3 seasons. Hopefully they can pull the show up out of what could be the beginning of a downward spiral for the show. I know it's hard after so long, but they should've chosen the honorable way out instead of keeping something going that possibly can't go much farther. Enough said. See you guys in another 5 months.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Image

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu May 01, 2008 3:01 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:01 pm51
I like Eek, A Penis!. It actually felt like a South Park episode, unlike most every other episode this season.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri May 02, 2008 12:35 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 pm122Austria
Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:
This season was a major disappointment. The premise of the episodes was there, but the execution seemed sloppy and at times even lazy. The season for the most part was something I never thought I would see in South Park- boring.I was genuinely bored by some of the episodes, such as Tonsil Trouble and the Mr. Garrison plotline in Eek, A Penis!. It seems as if the ideas were never truly thought out and were aired without completely coming to fruition. Some of the episodes were above average (average being pretty sad this season), but none really stick out too much in the grand scheme of things.

And for all those who say that the show has become almost nothing but a parody of things- I agree 100%. Original plotlines with few or any references to preexisting shows, movies, books, etc. have become extremely rare. Everything's got to reference something, and while this is a good thing in small doses, it's gotten to the point where there almost CAN'T be an episode that doesn't spoof something.

For the first time this season, I have regretted the fact that Matt and Trey decided to continue South Park for another 3 seasons. Hopefully they can pull the show up out of what could be the beginning of a downward spiral for the show. I know it's hard after so long, but they should've chosen the honorable way out instead of keeping something going that possibly can't go much farther.Enough said. See you guys in another 5 months.


That sums up pretty much everything I felt watching this season, only that I thought that the Garrison plotline was the good thing about "Eek a penis" and that even the five not-so-good episodes were at least in the average range. There have been no total failures in this season, but I agree with the majority that it needs improvement, badly. If it was a good season, I'd have rated at least half of the episodes as 8s or above.

Anyway, my ratings for this season:

1."Super fun time": 9
- just like a classic season 3 episode, and a good one at that. As hard as I tried, I found nothing to complain about. I liked the terrorist part actually much better than the Cartman/Butters one. The end with Butters in the bus was one of the best moments, though... along with Stan's "ultimative sacrifice", murderin' Murphy, the poineer actors refusing to break character, Wendy's larger role, the accent, Garrison being his old self again, Kyle's: "Sister, you don't know the half of it.", Kenny's "No. they don't wanna see a child die" (kinda ironic, isn't it?) Cartman's "You wanna hold hands with a girl? Gaywad!"
There were just too many funny moments to list them all. Also the parallel between both Butters and the pioneer actors refusing to break character was hilarious. For once SP went back to its roots by having the characters act in the exaggerated way that made the show funny in the first place.

2. "Canada on strike": 8.5
- I kinda disagree with Kyle's speech at the end, and the part with the internet celebrities, even though I knew they were related to the main plot, was funny only the first time. I actually preferred the part with the Canadians. The slaughtering wasn't that great: brutal cartoon scenes get old pretty soon if they're used too often - like in season 11. In "Spooky fish" the violence was actually funny - partly because that kind of humor wasn't overused back then and partly because of the simpler and less detailed depiction. Just imagine: would the black knight in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" be as funny as he is if we could see his guts? I think the whole scene looks much more ridiculous - and thus, funny - as it is. Overall, it was like a good episode from season 7 and I' m glad they still do musical numbers. Loved the Canadian one.

3. "Tonsil trouble": 7
- I didn't like it at first, and the end with Magic Johnson was rather weak, but at least i thought the message was pretty accurate and the characters weren't simply used at plot devices - at least not in the first ten minutes. I just hope that they aren't going to make Kyle a jerk again like in season 6. And Cartman was a little too nice (for his standards) in this half-season, apart from finally "giving Kyle aids".

4. "Britney's new look": 6 or 7, have to rewatch it.
- I liked the premise of this one. The beginning was decent, the end was brilliant, but the middle part was disappointing.

5. "Eek a penis": 6
- Loved the shrieking women, and the Garrison part was pretty SP-like, but the Cartman part could have been better. Especially at the beginning it would have been interesting to see for at least 2-3 minutes how he dealt with his own class. Anyway, he most important thing is that we have Mr. Garrison back.

6. " Major boobage" : 5
Overrated, sorry. It has the Kenny-bonus and I know it had the Anne Frank and Holocaust reference in it, and some things were mildly amusing, but I still don't understand what other people see in it. Five points only because of Kenny.

7- "Over Logging": 4
- Some things were quite funny, especially Gerald's line at the beginning, and I liked the Shelley part, especially the end and Randy's speech, but I think TP missed a lot of opportunities to make fun of the internet other than internet porn: like someone catching a virus during that 40 seconds or something like that. The whole episode had its moments, but some scenes were too long and were dragged on to the point that they became boring.

Overall: about 6.5 - not a really bad half season, but could have been way better. Especially the four weaker episodes.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri May 02, 2008 8:05 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:46 pm28KS, plus I can move into any state for a few months now.
*SPOILERS!* I've seen the episode before you had to wait for it get on the site streaming. It was crazy when some terrorists came and was taking over the field trip when the cops were chasing them. One guy just shot a cook for not giving them the code to the door. Now that was just crazy! Butters won't let Cartman's hand go no matter what when they went to: "Super Phun Tyhme!" instead of the field trip, then Butters was crying because the police came to find them, but they weren't. It was a funny episode since all the South Park episodes are funny.
One of the most greatest FanFic writer since whenever. Read my FanFic's pleas! Thank you. http://SouthParkStudios.com
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostMon May 12, 2008 1:49 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon May 12, 2008 1:27 pm2
this is one of my favorite episodes!!!

love it!!!

go Butters GO!!! xD
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 21, 2008 3:22 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:22 am76
soz i was late i was away, i loved this ep how butters and cartman attack and escape, funny as, lol they robbed burger king. so funny i rate this 9/10
Favourite Character: Cartman
Favourite Episode: Child Abduction Is Not Funny OR The Jeffersons
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostSat May 24, 2008 12:18 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat May 24, 2008 12:09 pm1
Bravo, South Park. Once again, another brilliant episode. Southparkstudios.com is fricken awesome, and SOOO convenient. The people at southparkstudios.com are geniuses, and I thank you guys for bringing us the episodes. Job well done!
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri May 30, 2008 1:32 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri May 30, 2008 1:21 am2
"Super Phun Thyme" has been repeated on my Tivo and on this here website countless times over the course of the past month or so, and I think it's high time Eric Cartman got his own greatest hits compilation, a la 'Faith + 1' style. C'mon, kids, you know Eric is a bona fide pop sensation. Kinda like the Beatles.
PUT OUT A GOTDAM GREATEST HITS ALREADY!!!
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri May 30, 2008 1:54 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri May 30, 2008 1:21 am2
Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:
This season was a major disappointment. The premise of the episodes was there, but the execution seemed sloppy and at times even lazy. The season for the most part was something I never thought I would see in South Park- boring. I was genuinely bored by some of the episodes, such as Tonsil Trouble and the Mr. Garrison plotline in Eek, A Penis!. It seems as if the ideas were never truly thought out and were aired without completely coming to fruition. Some of the episodes were above average (average being pretty sad this season), but none really stick out too much in the grand scheme of things.

And for all those who say that the show has become almost nothing but a parody of things- I agree 100%. Original plotlines with few or any references to preexisting shows, movies, books, etc. have become extremely rare. Everything's got to reference something, and while this is a good thing in small doses, it's gotten to the point where there almost CAN'T be an episode that doesn't spoof something.

For the first time this season, I have regretted the fact that Matt and Trey decided to continue South Park for another 3 seasons. Hopefully they can pull the show up out of what could be the beginning of a downward spiral for the show. I know it's hard after so long, but they should've chosen the honorable way out instead of keeping something going that possibly can't go much farther. Enough said. See you guys in another 5 months.


You and I are going to have to agree to disagree. The parodies have always been a staple of South Park in one way or another, and they always manage to nail the satire along the way.
Sorry, but, you're wrong. You live a hollow, shallow life with no meaning, and your opinion is even more worthless. Hopefully, you can pull the attitude out of what could be the beginning (or continuous descent) of a downward spiral for the soul. I know it's hard after so long, but you should choose the honorable way out instead of keeping something going that can't possibly go much further, or, in the light of your 'sloppy' and sometimes 'lazy' grammar, "...keeping something going that possibly can't go much farther..."
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Jun 03, 2008 4:04 am Offline
  • Profile
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
If I could just dork-out about something real quick, did anyone notice what was rung up on the cash register in the general store? Jesus, if someone walked in to a store in 1864 with that much dough, they could damn near buy the whole place! :)
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Jun 06, 2008 2:15 am Offline
  • Profile
Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:39 pm2
This episode was awesome! And a total yay stan and wendy are bak together!!!!!!!!i luv them, iwas so sad wen they broke up but now they r togehther again it so happy and the cartman butters combo rules :lol: :lol: :stanpuke: and stan didnt puke on wendy he saved all there asses!


hail stan the mannn!! :stanpuke: :stanpuke: :stanpuke: :gothstan: :gothstan:
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 12 of 14 209 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Beta Classic X