Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 11 of 12 177 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSat May 03, 2008 11:34 pm Offline
Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:01 pm51
So I've had this episode on my mind, and I rewatched it just now, and I can't help but wonder... what in the world happened to Kenny? Seems like the boys just spontaneously decided to let Butters hang out with them (ugh) in place of Kenny, which makes no sense, since none of them really like Butters (heck, even having Tweek in the episode would have made more sense, since Stan and Kyle actually like him). Maybe this shares a connection with the preceding episode, Major Boobage? Though I'd think it would have been addressed if it was indeed connected to Major Boobage.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun May 04, 2008 5:10 am Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
GotACoolName wrote:
So I've had this episode on my mind, and I rewatched it just now, and I can't help but wonder... what in the world happened to Kenny? Seems like the boys just spontaneously decided to let Butters hang out with them (ugh) in place of Kenny, which makes no sense, since none of them really like Butters (heck, even having Tweek in the episode would have made more sense, since Stan and Kyle actually like him). Maybe this shares a connection with the preceding episode, Major Boobage? Though I'd think it would have been addressed if it was indeed connected to Major Boobage.

You just said what I was thinking for the longest time when I saw this episode! You are officially awesome!
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun May 04, 2008 5:30 am Offline
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:37 am261The grand capital of MI, Detroit
I personaly know there setting something up.. since kennies biography obivasly implies hes going to die in season 12
C? care about your feelings just as much u do mine. :P
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun May 04, 2008 11:24 am Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
A Little Overboard wrote:
I personaly know there setting something up.. since kennies biography obivasly implies hes going to die in season 12

His biography said that for like 2 years now. You mean when it said that 'he's been having a good luck streak and he hasn't died...yet.'?
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 21, 2008 8:04 pm Offline
Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 pm1709Delaware,USA
After watching this episode, I went to watch the YouTube videos I didn't know about. Like "Laughing Baby", "Sneezing Panda", & "Numa Numa".

I liked Sneezing Panda the best out the ones I didn't know. "Numa Numa" would be 2nd.

I got excited when they showed "Chocolate Rain" Tay Zonda . I knew who it was right away and then I quickly thought, 'oooohhh! They are just going to have, to have Chris Crocker in there too'. In which they did. :)

As for the songs. I still love "What What in the Butt", even thought it's not org..

But I also liked Canada on Strike. That is my 2nd favorite, really. I love the Canadian that is sitting in the Coffee Shop the best. The one looking at the t.v. and says "That's right! Suck my Canadian, Balls!" and then flips the Americans going "It's Canada! On Strike!" . *lol* He's my favorite guy in this song.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 21, 2008 11:02 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I'm still trying to figure out who the hot chick in the waiting room background is.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 21, 2008 11:18 pm Offline
Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:36 pm3912California, where the homeless are.
BRMBug wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out who the hot chick in the waiting room background is.

lonelygirl15, Google or YouTube it.

She was a fake girl who posted video blogs and everyone thought she was real, only to find out that she is a fabrication from an online media company.

Wikipedia Article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonelygirl15

YouTube page:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lonelygirl15
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostTue May 27, 2008 11:56 pm Offline
Tue May 27, 2008 10:56 pm2
Butters Song is the best

<3
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu May 29, 2008 10:14 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Jun 01, 2008 10:20 pm Offline
Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:03 pm1
Definitely a top 5.

Buddy, friend, and guy joke is spamming the youtube stars. lol

Anything that causes a reaction like this deserves a high rating.

9.5/10
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Jun 06, 2008 4:33 pm Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:37 pm41
Not a bad episode except for the excess blood in the waiting room.... Shock doesn't translate to laugh, M & T.... I could have done without that butt business too.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Aug 22, 2008 12:32 pm Offline
Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:14 pm4
good episode. i love how everything canada in the show has a solid song and dance number to it. my only concern is that their was no Scott in the episode. if you all remember, he's a dick.
SUCK MY BALLS!!!
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Sep 30, 2008 9:17 am Offline
Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:09 am1
ppl fail to mention one of the funniest parts of the episode. the guys name Steven Abootman or however you would spell it
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 09, 2008 10:41 pm Offline
Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:25 pm1
It seems pretty obvious where Matt & Trey were coming from with this episode, it's too bad they're pretty much entirely wrong. Look around this site, what to you see? Ads. Before the "free" episodes? Ads. Just like on the TV!

TV is "free", for the most part, because it the heavily subsidized by ad revenue; companies pay the networks for your captive eyeballs every 8 minutes or so, and in exchange, they get some money to pay everyone involved, with a little extra on the side (assuming the network isn't run by complete idiots). The idea that there's no money in distributing TV over the internet is betrayed by the numerous ads plastered all over the place, and you can tell Matt & Trey knew this because they used You Tube as their comparison point (YouTube is one of the few sites relatively un-plastered with ads, partially because they haven't figured out a way to seperate the legit stuff from uploaded clips of other TV shows).

Another failure in the analogy is that network TV is an entirely different animal than the user-generated media you can find on the internet; for one thing, nobody is watching a 30-minute Numa-Numa clip, because it's just one joke. Sure, it feels great to diss network writers by comparing them to a handful of successful clips out of an enourmous sea of submissions, but it's not honest. There's a reason Matt & Trey and most every TV writer is paid the amount they are; it's because they're good at their jobs, not because they're a-holes.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Dec 24, 2008 9:59 am Offline
Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:47 am1
w00t! Go Ike!!

Sort by  
Page 11 of 12 177 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next