Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 11 of 12 179 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostSat Apr 07, 2007 10:22 am Offline
Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:04 pm95
actually, to all those people saying that the scene where Kyle refusing to kill Jesus was a parody of Dragon Ball Z, i think it was more of a parody of Judas. I mean, think about it. People kept saying Judas was an evil traitor for generations, but lately the "Gospels of Judas" were discovered and people are starting to conclude that Jesus asked Judas to kill/betray him. So this scene might have played on this idea. Jesus asked Kyle (representing Judas) to kill him.

Well, just a thought....
"FES" should be nominated! PostSat Apr 07, 2007 10:25 am Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2917East Hartford, CT
Man, I should definitely nominate "Fantastic Easter Special" for 1. parodying The DaVinci Code; 2. puns on Hair Club For Men, Peter Rabbit, rabbit stew, "Kill the Wabbit", and the pseudo-Latin chant of Peter Cottontail; 3. teaching Bill Donohue of the Catholic League a lesson not to f**k with South Park and its creators Matt and Trey; 4. a moral of not to ask questions and dye Easter eggs; and 5. Jesus' return from the dead since "Red Sleigh Down" and his demonstration of his resurrection superpowers to Kyle when he asks the latter to kill him (and there was blood spurting everywhere from Jesus' throat, like, That's gotta hurt! :shock: ) This will be SO tits! :wink:

Oh yes, and I hate to be off-topic, but Benedict XVI presided over the Easter vigil tonight, and it's not rabbit stew sacrifice! :cartmanlaugh: Here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17999831/

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
PostSun Apr 08, 2007 11:14 am Offline
Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:09 am9Glasgow, Scotland
I thought this episode was brilliant! An episode without Cartman was needed because of peoples belief that the show can't be funny without him. This episode shows it can. First off can I just say, it's great to see jesus back :) I think easter was a great if not genius time to bring him back. Perfect timing guys! Also it'ce nice we got see and hear more of the pope, and of course Stan's crazy over-the-top dad and silly old grandpa. I enjoyed the Da Vinci Code, I will be honest. I'm not a religious person at all so the parody was even funnier. However the matrix style scene with Jesus in it was perhaps one of the funniest moments I've ever seen in South Park. It was poetry in motion! When he put the glasses on, he still continued to hold the pose, lol! Also Mr Teabag....hilarious! Well done guys on another job well done.

FANTASTIC EASTER SPECIAL

09/10

TASTY-BACON

Easter comes and nobody wants no bacon. Only chocolate!
It was like this one time, emm, this one time when I farted and it, it smelled like Bacon and I made him want some Bacon so I squeezed out a turd wrapped in Bacon. It was a squeeker!
PostSun Apr 08, 2007 2:34 pm Offline
Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:31 am11
I thought this episode was awesome! Not the best of the season, but I would say it's on par with the others. I found the peeps part really funny. All in all I'd give it 9/10, just as I would the other 4 episodes in this season.
PostSun Apr 08, 2007 4:10 pm Offline
Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:29 am4
It was amazing, in my opinion. I put my vote in for the Fantastic Easter Special being one of the all-time best SP episodes. Totally brilliant. The way Matt and Trey can blend so many different elements and have it all "come together" in the end is genius. The Pope's hat finally makes sense.

Hipitus, hopitus...
PostSun Apr 08, 2007 4:44 pm Offline
Hello. I have two pictures that I saved in the My Pictures folder and loaded onto Photobucket. The first one that Big-Will gave me shows Kyle approaching a kneeling Jesus moments before stabbing him in the throat as told ("Happy Easter, Jesus." Ironic. :roll: ):

And the second one from Wikipedia shows Jesus dying at Kyle's feet after he is stabbed, but moments before he revives outside of prison. Man, there is a LOT of blood spurted everywhere from his throat! :shock: ("...Jesus?")

Weird! It is as if Matt and Trey took some idea about Jesus' resurrection and made it stupid, as my mom told me! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostMon Apr 09, 2007 8:16 pm Offline
Oh yeah, didn't mean to double-post, but...

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Easter_Special:

"Jesus's escape from prison by resurrecting elsewhere after Kyle reluctantly kills him is similar to the episode "Rapture" from the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, in which Sharon "Athena" Agathon, a Cylon capable of being reborn in a new body upon death, convinces her hesitant husband to kill her so she can resurrect on a Cylon ship where their daughter is being held."

I guess Big-Will should put that up in the "Secrets of 'Fantastic Easter Special'" section, huh? :)

PostTue Apr 10, 2007 2:49 am Offline
Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:11 am2
"Fantastic Easter Special" is better than anything Ive seen after season 9.
Dumb way in which easter is celebrated, true faces of high catholic ranks, and a human being in the position he can not possibly be. Great!
PostTue Apr 10, 2007 10:28 am Offline
Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:25 am81The uterus of a busdriver
That has to have been the best holiday-themed SP episode ever, hands down.

And JESUS! He hasn't been in SP since, what, season 6?

I LOVED the 'Hare Club For Men'. Great, idea, an easter themed parody of Da Vinci. Sure, there was no Kenny, but I'll let MnT off this time.
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 10:25 am Offline
Oh yes, I forgot that there was symbolism in Jesus and Kyle's prison scene. About the way Kyle was forced to kill Jesus... it's kinda symbolic when Easter is related to the Jewish Passover that falls on the 14th day of the first Hebrew month Nisan, a day when Hebrews were ordered by the Lord to kill a lamb at twilight and paint its blood on doorposts of houses so that the angel of death could not kill their firstborn when going down to strike the Egyptian firstborn in the hopes that the Hebrew slaves would be free. And since Passover mostly falls on Holy Week and the Easter Vigil, South Park's "Fantastic Easter Special" modernized it the Battlestar Galactica way by having Kyle kill Jesus (a Hebrew symbolic Passover lamb and angel of death), whose blood and resurrection would save everyone from oppression and execution. And it was all under orders from the Lord! Cool! 8) :gaykenny: :cartmanhappy:

PostFri Apr 13, 2007 7:10 pm Offline
Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:06 pm1
Scanctum Peter Cottium
Deus in re unium
hippitus hoppitus reus Domine

In suus via torreum
Lepus en re sanctum
hippitus hoppitus Deus Domine

Got this from here.
http://antoniseb.livejournal.com/403596.html
PostSat Apr 14, 2007 10:59 am Offline
Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:20 am4Tianjin,China
i've watched this episode twice since my poor english.
i still can't find the funny part,maybe it is because the culture difference~~ :D
PostSun Apr 15, 2007 11:29 am Offline
Didn't you even notice that Jesus' glowing resurrection looks and sounds similar to the level-up when a character kills enough monsters in World of Warcraft? Just wanted to put it up for you is all.

Re: *1105: Fantastic Easter Special* PostThu May 08, 2008 11:45 pm Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:37 pm41
For a while, you didn't go too far with the satire on Jesus, but this episode is blasphemous crap.
Re: *1105: Fantastic Easter Special* PostFri May 09, 2008 8:35 am Offline
Are you reviving a post that's over a year old?! :x

Sort by  
Page 11 of 12 179 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next