Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 16 238 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 8:41 pm Offline
Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:57 am85
Funny episode. I really liked the storyline with Ike. It was also funny seeing everyone overreacting about the elections (like some people are actually doing, predicted the end of the world and such). The whole plot with Obama and McCain stealing the necklace thing was funny at first but gradually got kind of boring. I'm not saying the episode was bad, though, since there was plenty going on and as soon as I got bored with one storyline the others tied in. Palin was funny as hell, though.

Not such a great plot but it was definately funnier than the past few episodes.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 8:41 pm Offline
Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:55 pm28
Yeah, to truly appreciate this entire episode you need to see all three Ocean's movies. It's not limited to a parody of any one in particular.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 8:42 pm Offline
Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:13 pm39
Loved it!
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 8:42 pm Offline
Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:59 pm19
I thought it was great. I think it was a clever idea, though slightly overplayed in a lot of movies. Did catch the Oceans reference, I love it when they don't directly say the movies and parody them. Uhh... my favorite part was McCain's disguises and Randy's use of "Obama" in all of his songs.... and Obama and McCain's handshake :lol: Good episode, 8.5 or so out of 10. :D I actually liked it, I thought it tied season 12 together well, being that it was random for the season, but accurately close following the election. :D :D
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 8:43 pm Offline
Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:31 pm4
wow, this has to be the best episode i've seen since imaginationland. l absolutely loved it! i love the way these guys portray politics, they actually make fun of both sides of the spectrum, not just the conservatives like the liberal douche bags who own the rest of the media. i have to admit that, at first, i was exactly like the mccain supporters in this episode (not literally suicidal, but depressed), but then i heard some voice of reason and realized that obama really has little power and he can't change the way i want to live my life. plus, 4 years from now, hopefully, the american people will be so sick of this liberal "be like the rest of the world(europe)" bull crap that we'll elect the next ronald reagan, if such a thing could exist but there's always hope for change.lol.
Rob Schneider derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpy derp. Until one day, the derpa derpa derpaderp. Derp de derp, da teedily dumb. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Rob Schneider is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb.
Last edited by the_stapler on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 8:45 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Randy's drunkin antics especially singing Toni Basil - Mickey and Barry Manilow - Mandy replacing them with Obama was hilarious.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 8:49 pm Offline
Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:46 pm1
Where's Joe Biden? I was sure he was coming in at the end instead of Ike. Loved the show, but I gotta know, where are ya, Joe?
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 8:51 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm230Mecca
triplemultiplex wrote:
There seemed to be a line of voice-over dialogue missing during Sarah Palin's extraction of the diamond. Watch for that to be fixed later this week.

Yeah, I noticed that too. o:

Some girl in one of my classes is sure that Obama is the Anti-Christ and according to her the world is going to end in 2012 after the next election, because Obama will lose re-election and destroy the world then. I think she has too much time on her hands, but I was kind of waiting for some comment like that to be made. :'D

markswims2 wrote:
Where's Joe Biden? I was sure he was coming in at the end instead of Ike. Loved the show, but I gotta know, where are ya, Joe?

It's because no one, I hate to say it, cares about Joe Biden. I really like Biden, but there's not much to make fun of when it comes to him, he's not in the media much. Unless you count his comment about how Hilary would have been a better VP pick than him...
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 8:54 pm Offline
Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:41 pm39
Theres wayyyy too many movie parodies lately, but this episode was hilarious. At first I was scared it was gonna be another one of those conspiracy episodes like Pandemic or Urinal Deuce but this one was lighthearted and funny! Also that they didn't rip on either of the candidates but on their supporters reactions, which kept it from getting all preachy. I think they could have done the Ike storyline better, but the twist at the end was great.
Oceans 11 is one of my favorite movies too. :]
Overall, this episode is one of the best in season 12, which isn't saying much but w/e...

markswims2 wrote:

Biden just doesn't seem funny
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 8:56 pm Offline
Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:01 am23New York, NY
Wow, Matt & Trey taking a political stance that isn't cynical??? AWESOME!! I loved this episode, and not just because I've been an Obama supporter for four years.

Once again, they make fun of only one thing -- stupid people. And Trey packs an entire movie's worth of plot into 22 minutes. I'll never stop being amazed by his writing. I did not see the Ike twist coming at the end.

Ten million kudos to everyone for what must've been a crazy night to get this ready for East Coast airtime. I love you guys.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 8:58 pm Offline
Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:36 pm3912California, where the homeless are.
I think Biden and Clinton will both fight it out for front runner in 2016, unless Obama screws up in his first term.

(I LOVE how they were able to be fair in making fun of BOTH sides equally. :mrgreen: )
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:14 pm Offline
Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 pm42
Obama and McCain being in together on a heist

Obama's supporters getting outright wasted and raising hell

McCains supporters building bomb shelters and commiting suicide

Cartman stole all the tvs from the Obama people

Classic 8)
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:17 pm Offline
Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 pm42
SLBPanda wrote:
GOD DAMMIT STOP DOING FREAKIN MOVIE PARODIES! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh come on! Almost every south park episode parodies some kinda movie. Most of my favorite episodes ever were the ones in the early seasons that parodied star trek. :assface:

And the gay one, that was pretty funny too. :gaykenny:
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:20 pm Offline
Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:03 am7
gtaca2005 wrote:
I think Biden and Clinton will both fight it out for front runner in 2016, unless Obama screws up in his first term.

(I LOVE how they were able to be fair in making fun of BOTH sides equally. :mrgreen: )

Even if he does screw up, unless he decides not to run for a second term, Obama will still be the democratic candidate.

Though we may have something like Clinton starting a bullmoose reminiscent party.

On-topic: this episode was pretty crappy. I guess the biggest thing about this episode is how fast they can churn it out and start talking about something that happened yesterday and be the first one to make fun of the death of Obama's grandmother. (Not counting 4chan)

Speaking of 4chan, maybe they should make an episode about that.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:24 pm Offline
Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:44 pm102
I loved that fact that they sent a message to both Obama supporters and McCain's. Obama supporters saying "Change, change" even though most don't know what changes. And to McCain supports to STFU and actually give him a chance. Yes, it was an Ocean's 11 parody but I also noticed "Bank Job" parody, with the secret tunnel. Very nice episode indeed.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 16 238 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next