Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 16 238 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:26 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm230Mecca
aradae wrote:
Speaking of 4chan, maybe they should make an episode about that.

Dude, rule #1 of 4chan, don't talk about 4chan, come on. |:
But really, 4chan isn't even funny unless it's your first time looking at it. After a while it just gets boring.

I hope next weeks episode is a little better, I liked this episode, but I want an episode I love this season. >: And plus, next Wednesday is my birthday...so I'm hoping for an episode I can love on my birthday. xD
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
Last edited by whatthejew on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:27 pm Offline
Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:19 pm27
Who did each of the boys support? Did it say? :?
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:29 pm Offline
Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:27 pm1
Does anyone know if they plan to release the McCain version of the episode in any form? I feel like there are a lot of jokes that we are missing out on :lol:
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:30 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
Having listened to Obama's victory speech on YouTube this morning, I was surprised to hear it quoted word for word in tonight's episode.

I'm going to rate this episode a 7/10. It was decent, but nothing special. I did agree with the message here: Obama is neither the end of all problems ever like his supporters would like to believe nor is he the apocalypse like conservatives would like to believe.

Probably the biggest demonstration of Biblical stupidity in regard to Obama was my dad worrying that he might be the anti-Christ. My dad noted that the anti-Christ is supposed to be a great speaker who is able to bring people together and gain lots of support and seem like some beacon of hope in a dark era, and this, along with the fear that Obama would take the side of the Muslims in a Christian-Muslim conflict and support affirmative action and blacks on welfare, etc. etc. etc., caused my dad to vote for McCain despite having been rather liberal during the bulk of the Bush presidency. I don't f*cking get it, but I honestly don't think Obama is the anti-Christ. I voted for him and I believe he'll be a pretty good leader. I can already feel the rest of the world hating us less. :o
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:34 pm Offline
VAVROOMM wrote:
Who did each of the boys support? Did it say? :?

Since they're 9 I'm going to say they didn't support anyone, if they weren't like Butters who seemed to support McCain because his parents did. Ike supported McCain, but I'm not sure if that was a ruse in order to get to the hospital and carry out the plan. Besides, they just seemed pissed that the Obama supporters were being so loud. I think they're just normal 9 year olds in this episode, and don't really know who they would support either way.

But what do I know, my 6 year old sister has been running around cheering that Obama won since last night.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:37 pm Offline
Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:03 am7
whatthejew wrote:
aradae wrote:

But really, 4chan isn't even funny unless it's your first time looking at it. After a while it just gets boring.

I hope next weeks episode is a little better, I liked this episode, but I want an episode I love this season. >: And plus, next Wednesday is my birthday...so I'm hoping for an episode I can love on my birthday. xD

You don't f*ck with /b/

Palin, O'Reilly, and Scientology are mere examples, but yeah it does get boring after regular visiting and posting there. South Park is known for turning the sublime into the ridiculous. Think how frightening they can make the ridiculous.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:42 pm Offline
Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 pm42
Well it's nice either way to have a little satire to calm your nerves after an election like that, expecially for people like me who voted for McCain.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:44 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18783I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I found it kind of meh. I only got to see parts of it. Maybe if I sit down and watch the whole thing... well, we'll see. At first I thought they were just parodying every generic heist movie out there. But it was apparent when they ended with Claire de Lune that they were going with the new Ocean's franchise. I still haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd one though. Or the last half of the original. And YAAAAYYY! IKE!!!1 ^_^
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:44 pm Offline
aradae wrote:
whatthejew wrote:
aradae wrote:

You don't f*ck with /b/

Palin, O'Reilly, and Scientology are mere examples, but yeah it does get boring after regular visiting and posting there. South Park is known for turning the sublime into the ridiculous. Think how frightening they can make the ridiculous.

People who spend time on /b/ have no life, therefore I don't have to f*ck with them, they're f*cking with themselves.

South Park's genius is in turning the sublime into the ridiculous. All they could do to the ridiculous is turn it in to the sublime, or else it would get out of hand and the episode would probably be citicized as yet another AMLF, and nobody wants that.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:45 pm Offline
Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:19 pm27
Eat My Shorts wrote:
Well it's nice either way to have a little satire to calm your nerves after an election like that, expecially for people like me who voted for McCain.

Ha ha I know I needed it.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:47 pm Offline
Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:42 pm1
OMG! One of the best SouthPark Episodes ever! Best of the season by far! "I walk out of the oval office with the diamond securely hidden in my anus" LMAO!

Great episode! Loved it!
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
This episode, in my opinion, is a South Park trademark kind of deal. Take a current event, frightfully recent at that (see "Quintuplets 2000" or "Best Friends Forever"), and lampoon the crap out of it. And, with a style becoming more and more prominent in modern SP, throw in a parody, this time Ocean's Eleven.

Now I thought the parody was okay. A little forced some of the time, but I loved certain moments like Palin's real voice and Obama's grandma who "pretended to kill herself" (ouch). And it paid off. The Ike thing was weird until the end when it all came together.

This episode shines, in my opinion, in the satire of the typical voter reactions. I'm a college student, and to see those reactions from Obama and McCain supporters and then to see it parodied the following night was amazing, and it saves this episode from being just good.

Plus the ending with Randy, who has been trying to become one of my favorite characters as of late, was so good. This one gets a 9.25/10 from me.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 10:27 pm Offline
Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:36 pm3
I thought it was awesome.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 10:29 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Epic. in record time too.

While I still put Wendy VS Cartman as the top of the season, this might take my #2 spot (from Major Boobage).

I didn't see all of Ocean's 11, but I appreciate the episode's stance on Obama/McCain supporters, and the whole McCain/Obama 'union' was too brilliant to me.

Cartman played a very minor role which was fine, Stan/Kyle acted as boys do, and I thought the McCain supporter grabbing Stan's face was beyond adorable.

"Let go of my face assh*le."

Great episode, while it doesn't have... much, competition this time around, this is quite a memorable one. I'll be sure to think of this one when I stare at Season 12, as I see "Guitar queero" and "The list" when I see Season 11, and "Make love, not Warcraft" when I see Season 10.

10/10

After thought:

Stan/Kyle never really put their stance. Butters was a Mccain sympathizer, only out of seeing him look depressed, and Ike was a Mccain supporter. Don't suppose Stan/Kyle had no stance this time around, considering I was independant too?

Good episode, I take it this was Season Finale, or near the end? And is Wendy still grounded?
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 10:30 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
100/10, mostly because I was right about Randy's stupidty coming back to haunt him. I've been saying that for years. Randy was used well, Cartman had one awesome moment, Stan was very good and had a cute moment, Ike was awesome, the parody was good.
One thing that was great was how it managed to not have a single iota of politics in it.
Two episodes left.

Edit: I think Stan was smiling when Obama was giving his acceptance speech, so I think he was pleased.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Sort by  
Page 3 of 16 238 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next