Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 16 238 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 10:35 pm Offline
Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:23 pm13
I like how the McCain supporters end up saying "maybe Obama will be alright" and Randy ends up saying that Obama lied to him and he should have voted for McCain.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 10:37 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Two episodes left.

Need more cute Stan moments.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 10:38 pm Offline
Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:04 pm2
This episode was even worse than the last two. Boring and unfunny. Didn't laugh one time :cry:
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 10:39 pm Offline
Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:25 pm22Palmer,MI
Amazing, probably top 3 funniest ever.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 10:40 pm Offline
Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:04 pm10The land of flapping head people... Nova Scotia!
Wow! I was not expecting that, freaking hilarious!
I said Ike's on fire!
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 10:44 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
aradae wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:
I think Biden and Clinton will both fight it out for front runner in 2016, unless Obama screws up in his first term.

(I LOVE how they were able to be fair in making fun of BOTH sides equally. :mrgreen: )

Even if he does screw up, unless he decides not to run for a second term, Obama will still be the democratic candidate.

Though we may have something like Clinton starting a bullmoose reminiscent party.

On-topic: this episode was pretty crappy. I guess the biggest thing about this episode is how fast they can churn it out and start talking about something that happened yesterday and be the first one to make fun of the death of Obama's grandmother. (Not counting 4chan)

Speaking of 4chan, maybe they should make an episode about that.

2016 would be the end of Obama's second term, and since he can't stay in office any longer 2005 is right.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 11:21 pm Offline
Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 pm42
SirKerrek wrote:
This episode, in my opinion, is a South Park trademark kind of deal. Take a current event, frightfully recent at that (see "Quintuplets 2000" or "Best Friends Forever"), and lampoon the crap out of it. And, with a style becoming more and more prominent in modern SP, throw in a parody, this time Ocean's Eleven.

Now I thought the parody was okay. A little forced some of the time, but I loved certain moments like Palin's real voice and Obama's grandma who "pretended to kill herself" (ouch). And it paid off. The Ike thing was weird until the end when it all came together.

This episode shines, in my opinion, in the satire of the typical voter reactions. I'm a college student, and to see those reactions from Obama and McCain supporters and then to see it parodied the following night was amazing, and it saves this episode from being just good.

Plus the ending with Randy, who has been trying to become one of my favorite characters as of late, was so good. This one gets a 9.25/10 from me.

Same here, I actually loved major boobage, it kinda grows on you after watching it multiple times, and I LOVE that 70s-80s rock! And I loved that Wendy episode too because at that age, I've actually seen a lot of girls who I knew could beat the crap outta almost any guy their age if they were pissed enough. Anyways, I loved this episode about as much as those ones cause this election has had me so stressed and I'm glad to see some humor made out of it. I was about like Mr. Mackey on election night, m'kay
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 11:35 pm Offline
Thu May 29, 2008 7:24 am5
Is it getting up on SPS soon?
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 11:43 pm Offline
Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 pm42
.....Now where have I heard Randy say the word CHANGE like that before? lol
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 11:48 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:26 pm28
Overall this episode was lame. Though it was funny and true about the campaign: McCain supporters thinking they're doomed, and Obama supporters thinking that "the change" lets them do anything different.

I thought the diamond thief spy idea was absolute horseshit. :assface:
Overall, this episode really sucked and South Park has officially jumped the shark. I mean I'll still be a South Park fan, but Season 12 is by far the worst season yet. The spoofs, movie references, and the lame spiels need to stop NOW! I wish they'd listen already, but the spoofing is making the episodes suck; don't ever do it again, focus on characters and take a break from world issues if they have to. Seriously, the Stan/Kyle pair has failed to humor us again (they are a boring, unfunny, and already stale pair; they might as well leave the show or become background characters for good). I hope South Park doesn't become so bad that Disney Channel finally thinks it will be genius. Season 13 better redeem South Park, because for 3 weeks in a row those episodes were a waste of time. Make some changes already. (Examples: Kill Stan/Kyle off, make the 4th graders become 5th graders, etc.)

And I have a better idea, why don't they have an episode that just focuses on Kenny (come on, he's South Park's 2nd most popular character), and end some of the standard pairs. Cartman/Butters has gotten old, Kyle/Stan is ineffective and boring, Cartman/Kyle is pretty funny but is getting kinda stale. Why don't they try Cartman/Kenny (two most popular characters right there)?
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 11:54 pm Offline
Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:25 pm22Palmer,MI
Eat My Shorts wrote:
.....Now where have I heard Randy say the word CHANGE like that before? lol

Randy doesn't say change in night of the living homeless. Gerald does
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 11:59 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
I was reading your post and while I was disagreeing, I though oh well.
Until I read one thing

CartmanSlayer wrote:
(Examples: Kill Stan/Kyle off, make the 4th graders become 5th graders, etc.)

And from there, any legitimacy you had was gone. Killing off Stan or Kyle would be a real JTS moment- almost as much as killing Cartman would.

You don't seem to know much about writing or comedy, it seems. The Stan/Kyle teaming isn't supposed to be, "LOL LOLZ", it is supposed to be a way of moving the plot along while having ways to deliver comedy. Kyle didn't have anything that was funny, but he was part of the plot. Stan had a few moments, and the plotline they helped move along provided the jokes OF that plotline.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 11:59 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Sau2k wrote:

Should be there, check it out.

Also: screensaver and wallpaper!
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 12:05 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
nall wrote:
Sau2k wrote:

Should be there, check it out.

Also: screensaver and wallpaper!

Oh shnap! Cartman's getting all pissed off at me and telling me to go elsewhere when I click on the wallpaper or screensaver links!
These guys tell it like it is PostThu Nov 06, 2008 12:16 am Offline
Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:02 am1
Wow, these guys are incredible.

I absolutely love how they aren't afraid to cross any boundaries.

These guys do not get enough credit for how honest and open they are. They aren't worried about ratings and tell sh*t like it is and do not let anyone tell them otherwise.

You have to look deep at the parodies. They are saying that government is all apart of the same hypocrisy. It doesn't matter who is President, nothing really changes and most (if not all) Americans are morons for believing any different.

I am a college student and learned in a Philosophy class that a old famous Philosopher (I don't remember exactly who - maybe John Locke/Aquinas/or Aristotle?) that citizens must have the illusion that we have control of the government avoid an overthrow.

Most people in this world are uneducated, non-enlightened morons and deserve to get what Randy got in this episode.
Last edited by MUadam on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 16 238 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next