Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 16 238 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 12:18 am OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
BRMBug wrote:
Oh shnap! Cartman's getting all pissed off at me and telling me to go elsewhere when I click on the wallpaper or screensaver links!

Thanks! Fixed 'em.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 12:24 am Offline
Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 pm42
Altip wrote:
Eat My Shorts wrote:
.....Now where have I heard Randy say the word CHANGE like that before? lol

Randy doesn't say change in night of the living homeless. Gerald does

True, but it sounded almost exactly like when Randy started screaming I DONT HAVE ANY CHANGE!
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 12:29 am Offline
Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:01 am110Sacramento, CA
dchi wrote:
Didn't laugh one time :cry:

Maybe you should fix your funny fuse, afterall Cartman was able to fix his. :lol:

As for me, it was amazing to see how realistically true to the outcome of the real election it was. Everything got done so quick with the episode, and it was hilarious to me. Especially when the guy is sitting in the ER, stabbing his own head over and over with the scissors, and to watch Ike do a face plant off a 4 foot window ledge. To me they did a great job with this episode, but they really should stop with the spoofs and come up with some awesome new plots that involve Kenny dying again. Haven't seen many of those in a long time.
I just want an erection so that I can give it to my mom.
-Kyle Broflovski, "Spontaneous Combustion"
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 12:30 am Offline
Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:12 am3
I liked the episode, not exactly what I was expecting but good. But seeing as a good portion was based off of something that happened less than 24 hours ago, I was left with a question: What would have the B story been like had McCain won? Would it have been the same only reversed? I would like to see the scenes from the other possible outcome.
The part at the beginning with the speeches could have been done in a day, but they had to have had a good portion of the B story ready to go. I would like to see the other version of the episode someday.
And what was up with Cartman? He had one line in the entire show. I would have thought him to be a McCain supporter because of his past (at least as a racist.)
Does anyone remember Obama giving their puppy a name during his real speech?
Last edited by Mattqnl on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 12:40 am Offline
Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:01 am110Sacramento, CA
Mattqnl wrote:
I liked the episode, not exactly what I was expecting but good. But seeing as a good portion was based off of something that happened less than 24 hours ago, I was left with a question: What would have the B story been like had McCain won? Would it have been the same only reversed? I would like to see the scenes from the other possible outcome.
The part at the beginning with the speeches could have been done in a day, but they had to have had a good portion of the B story ready to go. I would like to see the other version of the episode someday.
And what was up with Cartman? He had one line in the entire show. I would have thought him to be a McCain supporter because of his past (at least as a racist.)
Does anyone remember Obama giving their puppy a name during his speech?

Ya the B story probably would've been about the same just reverse rolls, but I think they knew Obama would win just like I did from the very beginning. Racists are getting out-numbered now and with McCain running, Obama was sure to win by an electoral landslide.

They truly do need to give Cartman a head roll in the plot pretty soon, because people are starting to get restless again. But at the same time, Cartman has had 4 main rolls this season already. I think they were just trying an experiment to see how much Cartman is loved by taking him out a couple of episode's main plots.

And for your question about the name of the puppy, yes didn't you see the episode? Naw I'm just kidding though. I really don't know if Obama, in real life, named the puppy in his speech.
I just want an erection so that I can give it to my mom.
-Kyle Broflovski, "Spontaneous Combustion"
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 12:42 am Offline
Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:11 pm1534argentina - the asshole of planet earth
wow i didnt think they would manage to include post elections events, but i guess they are that good, obama's speech was there with the "yes we can!"

you gotta love randy for those "yes we can" and all the singing, "everything's changed now" and flipping his boss off LOL

the ike story was funny, jumping off the window (lol) and "boom baby" haha ike is so kewl!

and butters' dad and the rest of the mccain supporters expecting the end of the world was excellent, with the hiding and suicides hah!

the ocean's eleven parody was ok but i didnt think it was very funny, i loved all the rest of the episode much better, with the smart parody of the extremity of many ppl's reactions to the results of the elections (and the whole elections in general really), now that was good stuff

and about ppl saying that they made two episodes for either mccain or obama to be the winner i dont think so, i was already predicting (and other ppl who i've talked to) that obama was going to win, i think his popularity was pretty obvious so it wasnt that much guess work, probably matt and trey had predicted it too
Last edited by jewish pride on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 12:42 am Offline
Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:54 pm8
SouthParkdammerung
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 12:54 am Offline
Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:48 am16
Favorite South Park episode in a loong time. Definitely best of the season. Can't believe you guys pulled this off. f*ckin GOLD! Apparently the whole election was a deliberate sham! I laughed my ass off the entire 25min, hilarious and clever as always.

Seriously, only one day after the election? How in the hell! I figure Trey and Matt predicted he'd easily win so just made the entire episode based on the assumption. The fact that you added his acceptance speech, McCain's concession speech, and even a bit about the death of Obama's grandma the day before (horrible, but I laughed) was quite impressive.

Excellent, can't wait for the next episode.
Last edited by Smagma on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 1:01 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Boom baby!! this is the best episode from the 2nd half so far plots where good ike played apart which was cool and cartman was kept down to a minimum.Stan & Kyle had good roles, adults over reacting and the boys tired with randy & co partying. I thought it was cute when they were wheeling ike in the back of the cart to the hospital and no one seemed botherd or were too wrapped up with the elections.Boom Baby 10/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 1:24 am Offline
It's not that I'm complaining about Cartman's absence, I just thought he'd be there with the McCain supporters.
It was only after reading the posts on here that I realized that Cartman was stealing TVs. I had originally thought that he was trying to sell his own TV. Like they were hinting that he was so outraged by what he saw that he never wanted to watch TV again. It was such a minor thing that I didn't connect it with that last scene with Randy.
The whole stealing TVs thing actually seems to fit more with Cartman's recent character (screwing people over while trying to profit) than his old personality that hasn't shown a lot lately and fits well with the other boys not really being concerned about the election. When we had the mock elections in school I voted for Bush simply because it was easier to write than Dukakis (I was 6.)
Last edited by Mattqnl on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 1:33 am Offline
Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:44 pm11
:unhoodedkenny: I'm confused, didn't the writers and producers mean for this series to be rawnchy? At least that's how it's explained even in the local paper's TV guide as well as on the station itself and the cable guide. And I notice all of the blood and guts and gore that the fellas usually provide with live action footage most times. Then there are the instances of the use of the words "dick""cock""whore" and many other vulgar terms not cut out of the dialog on regular braodcast stations even let alone the "cable" stations, as if that means adult like it used to.
Now to my point, What is the point in bleaping f*ck and sh*t but no other expletives as if we don't know what the words are when bleaped. The thing I find moast interesting is this same protacol is used on the internet episodes. Why there for cryin out loud??? Don't we have the right to watch the episodes in their entirity as the makers intended or they wouldn't have written them that way I'm sure. Not only this gripe but then these same censors turn around and allow the special "uncut" version of the canadian war episode that was a two hour movie yet introduced on TV and it was indeed uncut. Please explain this hypocricy to a logical satisfaction, could you?
Thank you,
Gerald Reynolds
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 1:49 am Offline
jstnearthling wrote:
:unhoodedkenny: I'm confused, didn't the writers and producers mean for this series to be rawnchy? At least that's how it's explained even in the local paper's TV guide as well as on the station itself and the cable guide. And I notice all of the blood and guts and gore that the fellas usually provide with live action footage most times. Then there are the instances of the use of the words "dick""cock""whore" and many other vulgar terms not cut out of the dialog on regular braodcast stations even let alone the "cable" stations, as if that means adult like it used to.
Now to my point, What is the point in bleaping f*ck and sh*t but no other expletives as if we don't know what the words are when bleaped. The thing I find moast interesting is this same protacol is used on the internet episodes. Why there for cryin out loud??? Don't we have the right to watch the episodes in their entirity as the makers intended or they wouldn't have written them that way I'm sure. Not only this gripe but then these same censors turn around and allow the special "uncut" version of the canadian war episode that was a two hour movie yet introduced on TV and it was indeed uncut. Please explain this hypocricy to a logical satisfaction, could you?
Thank you,
Gerald Reynolds

The FCC only controls the regular over-the-air channels. Except for the fear of losing sponsors the other channels can do what ever they want. Which is why HBO and CineMax and other channels that don't have commercials but charge a higher price to the provider (cable, satellite companies) can show uncensored material all day long. Where networks that get money from advertisers as well as providers (or just advertisers, I'm not sure) have to follow certain standards unless cleared in advance with the sponsors (this was the case with the episode "It Hits the Fan..." to allow them to say the word sh*t.) I would assume that this is also the reason for the censorship that you see in the episodes on this website.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 2:21 am Offline
Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:07 am7
Haha, I thought this episode was funny in some parts, but I like the ones that are more focused on the kids the most.

I loved Ikes role here! "Boom baby!" Haha, wow. It sort of makes you wonder what sort of things he's going to get himself into when he's older.

I loved the scene where Stan was filing a complaint because of all the noise the parents were making.

I am really impressed how close these episodes can react for a current event.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 2:35 am Offline
Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:45 pm9
I suppose this episode was alright, got me a good deal of giggles.
They seriously need to downplay the mass hysteria thing though, it's "getting" too predictable.

Btw he did not name his puppy in his speech (was kinda expecting "sparkles" to have the diamond concealed in his anus :/, aw well)
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 06, 2008 2:37 am Offline
  • YIM
Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:06 pm5Houston, TX
I only watched it once so far, but unfortunately I don't think it is as great as all you do. Ummm... maybe a little better than the Pandemic episodes, but that doesn't say much.

Only thing I liked about it was Ike/Stan/Kyle, and Randy acting like an idiot (but they kind of ran that into the ground a little)... the heist theme was disappointing to say the least. Just not funny. I was expecting more when Obama and McCain started snickering together.

If it weren't for the Breast Cancer episode I'd have lost all hope for the rest of this season.

Sort by  
Page 5 of 16 238 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next