Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 18 of 21 301 posts Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 29, 2008 4:22 am
IWANBIER wrote:
why does the new episode starts up runs a comercial than becomes all black and you hear another crappy commercial
and then it stops?

You have too much junk running on your computer at the same time. Reboot it, and you should be just fine with the episode player.

You can get a reboot here in Hollywood on Hollywood Blvd. for about 20 bucks.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 29, 2008 4:37 am Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:31 am2
i saw pandemic 2 but it jumped some scenes and i do not know why..... each scene played only for 3 mins then gone to the comercial next scene same thing.. is there any problem with the episode??
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 29, 2008 4:45 am
sergios wrote:
i saw pandemic 2 but it jumped some scenes and i do not know why..... each scene played only for 3 mins then gone to the comercial next scene same thing.. is there any problem with the episode??

Just a thought (I just re-watched some of that episode on SPS episode player and I had no trouble): After rebooting your computer, does the problem still occur?

Next, in the diagnosis of this problem, what are you using? PC, and if so, XP Home edition, professional edition, Vista in it's many flavors, or do you use a Mac, and if so, do you run Panther, Tiger, Leopard, and if so, what version?

Let's take this step-by-step and perhaps we can solve the problem :D

Edit: I use a Mac, with the latest Leopard software for the operating system, version 10.5.5
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 29, 2008 4:47 am Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:31 am2
i am using windows XP professional
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 29, 2008 4:50 am
sergios wrote:
i am using windows XP professional

O.K., so first run a virus scan with your anti-virus software (I hope you are running anti-virus software), and after all viruses are neutralized, do a cold boot. A hot boot, of course, is merely rebooting your computer. I mean actually shut down your computer, wait about 10-15 seconds, then start it again, get onto the internet again, go to SPS episode player and start again. That should do it. If not, post what happened, and we'll continue. I think that will do it. Good luck :D

Edit: Whether or not you have anti-virus software, a cold boot alone might do the trick.

Edit: Windows XP professional is the best of the "XP" series. In my case, on the MAC, Leopard 10.5.5 is the best of Leopard. Nevertheless, when I log off of the internet, I have to run Leopard's "permission repair" to fix file permissions. Permissions in the world of Mac are attributes on files that got changed somehow (read permissions, write permissions, etc.) I have to run permissions repair. What I am saying is that in the world of XP Professional, there are other things to try as well to get the SP episode to work properly. We'll get into that after you run both the virus-scan and the cold boot, or just the cold boot.

Edit: If I have to log off before you return with the results of cold booting, etc., don't worry. The next time I'm on SPS the first thing I'll do is to check in on this thread to get your update. It was cool that we happened to be on line at the same time to discuss this issue. What are the odds of that?

Standing by . . . . . . .
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 29, 2008 1:17 pm Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:05 pm3Germany
hi everyone!
am i the only one with an error on viewing this episode?
on 5:22 mins it skips to the next commercials .. the same with the second part after some seconds.
all the other episodes work great, but that one doesnt want to ^^ maybe its a problem, because im from germany (most of the other US pages, u can watch full episodes on, dont work here too)

thanx for your help!
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 29, 2008 1:19 pm Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:11 pm2
:( I'm having the same problem described by the others: an opening commercial shows, then you see the "South Park" opening, then the screen goes black and you hear the commercial again. Then...nothing.

This is the only episode that does this. I went and checked four or five others. I am running Windows XP Pro and Internet Explorer, all with the most recent updates.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 29, 2008 4:19 pm Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:05 pm3Germany
i tried it with Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3 ... it doesnt work with both (im also using Win XP Pro).
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 29, 2008 5:22 pm Offline
Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:56 pm1
Hi. I am also from Germany (don't know if that means anything :D).
I tried the same on Windows Vista and Linux Ubuntu; installed all new updates - still the same problem ON BOTH OPERATING SYSTEMS.
I am from Germany, if that means anything.

Edit: (everytime with Firefox 3)
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 29, 2008 7:23 pm Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:46 am1
I tried watching this episode today but it wont play. All the other episodes (that have been released) work, but this doesn't. Any ideas?
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 30, 2008 4:32 am Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:03 am1
Hmm.. I've got the same problems. Tried watching it with ie7, ff3 and opera 9.6.. So I guess it's not a browser-based problem.

Hope they'll fix it soon
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 30, 2008 9:34 am Offline
Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:06 pm4
Dude, around a quarter of the guys in d discussion are having the same problem: screens got a commercial, then south park logo comes on like it should, then the screen goes black and another stupid commercial goes on exept for the fact that there is only sound. den.... nothing. :zombiekenny:
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 30, 2008 3:46 pm Offline
Tue May 27, 2008 3:44 pm1
This site sucks ass. Half the time I try to watch an episode the thing crashes by either jumping to the commercials or starting to play the sound from the beginning together with the sound synchronized to the picture. I saw the first Pandemic and now I am unable to see the second, pisses me off. At 3:40 it jumps to the first commercial break but putting it to 3:50 makes me able to see up until 5:20 but after that it is impossible to see more.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Dec 01, 2008 6:28 am Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:11 pm2
The episode is working now. Yeah! :D
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Dec 02, 2008 1:02 pm Offline
Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:59 am32
O.k. who got the new camcorder? or was that a dig @ t's dad with the familys first corder. Funny. But live action guni's in costume.... I saw the joak. It was funny but i also kicked that horse a few times on my way out of the episode.

Sort by  
Page 18 of 21 301 posts Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next