Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 15 of 16 238 posts Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 20, 2008 12:38 am Offline
  • YIM
Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:19 am6
this is sooo funny and true on how people really reacted to the election south park is truly awesome! :D :lol:
live love laugh
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 20, 2008 1:34 am Offline
Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:15 pm2
whatthejew wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
There seemed to be a line of voice-over dialogue missing during Sarah Palin's extraction of the diamond. Watch for that to be fixed later this week.

Yeah, I noticed that too. o:

Some girl in one of my classes is sure that Obama is the Anti-Christ and according to her the world is going to end in 2012 after the next election, because Obama will lose re-election and destroy the world then. I think she has too much time on her hands, but I was kind of waiting for some comment like that to be made. :'D

she ( yes I mean Obama) is part of the anti christ system but she is not the anti christ, because the anti christ will be a male - she can't be one of the ten kings over the regions, because it is a "she"
however because she exudes the tell the biggest lie and the most people will believe it addage ( Hitler said the bigger the lie, the more moore's will believe it) and History hs proven that time and again
she is just the culmination of the distablization of our countries power , so that we must become one of the "ten regions" that the bible talks about a region made up of Canada Central America and the United States - which probably will occur by 2012 - as well as the death of the Cartman cult - so the Hopi Indians did have a prediction - but it is not the end of the world
it is the end of the last great Anglo Empire - however when those 10 regions ( the Euro currency has created the first region
the currency called the Amero will create our region, noted above - and the destabilization of our economy will require the regionalization of an Amero to compete in the global marketplace
then the 10 leaders of these places will give their power over to one beloved attractive popular man, who will be so christ like that most christians will hail him as so very christ like - he will be the antichrist
so he'll be attractive, pure, magnanimous the best speaker you have ever heard, all his ideas will be correct and work but only for three and a half years - it will be a time of unprecendeted peace we will all have peace of mind and prosperity, and we will all think we contributed to this great peace and prosperity and safety and then sudden destruction
tell this information to your friend because Obama was not popular with over half of the population
Anti Christ will be popular with every living soul on the earth
she needs to hear this

markswims2 wrote:
Where's Joe Biden? I was sure he was coming in at the end instead of Ike. Loved the show, but I gotta know, where are ya, Joe?

It's because no one, I hate to say it, cares about Joe Biden. I really like Biden, but there's not much to make fun of when it comes to him, he's not in the media much. Unless you count his comment about how Hilary would have been a better VP pick than him...
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Dec 01, 2008 11:38 am Offline
Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:08 am1
every other episode coo,l this one sucks ass
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Dec 10, 2008 12:35 pm Offline
Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:59 am32
Meh. The ocean thing was funny till the end.

6/10
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Dec 12, 2008 8:28 pm Offline
Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:23 pm11
When I saw the ads for this episode on South Park Studios, I was honestly expecting something a TON different, like more controversy between Obama and McCain, that kind of thing. I guess working that angle is tired, but the Ocean Eleven's thing was not what I was expecting... Didn't really care for it, to be honest.

Now the part where all the supporters were either trying to kill themselves or getting themselves blind stinking drunk was pretty funny. Randy is always good to depend on for a laugh. I think, the more I watch the show, that Trey and Matt are relying on Randy for their true ridiculous comic relief. Randy is a radical, fighting, drinking, complete and total imbecile. Love him.

Also love Ike's part in the heist. Great.
::Gasp:: I am so startled!

~ Sixela ~
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Dec 14, 2008 10:48 am Offline
Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:00 pm6
Boom Baby.
South Park is nothing short of brilliant. The show is one stone in a collier that is the hope diamond. The creative free thinkers, artists of the USA give us hope that there is still a lot of good energy left in a nation that once was an example of civilization.
"About last night" is a very funny look at the hysteria of US presidential elections, which seem hilarious from this side of the atlantic ocean. It really does not matter if Mc Cain or Obama has won. Both belong to a political class that has ruled the US from its very beginning. Obama has still got to prove that he is really any different and not a loyal member of the club which steals the hope diamond.
The world needs the USA, but the UN seat of the US embassador was empty at the last meeting. It was the 60th birthday of human rights. It does not look good at all. It took only two well placed bombs and Washington has gone medieval. Death penalty, torture, G-Bay...
South Park makes me laugh and gives me hope that it may be possible that the most dynamic nation of our wonderful world becomes a true bringer of democracy eventually.
But...according to Nostradamus' prophecies we live in times of great change. A peacelord will come who turns out to be the antichrist. :unhoodedkenny: His mission is to wipe out anything we know. Some argue this man is Osama Bin Laden.
I seriously doubt that: Bin Laden has always been a warlord and he does not have the necessary destructive arsenal at his disposal.
Well, I do not really believe in astrology, but some things fit together from a certain point of view.
It is exciting, hysterical and hilarious. Just like South Park. Ride on people. Thank you very much.
Last edited by Hesse on Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Dec 14, 2008 10:53 am Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:43 pm6Right behind you
Randy = every Obama supporter I know. Lol. That part of the episode was awsome. I didn't like the parody part.

CHAAAANGE!!! ITS...ITS CHAAANNGGGEEE!!! :lol:
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Dec 26, 2008 2:06 am Offline
Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:38 am1
The Ocean's parody makes more sense when one considers a few parallels between the viewer's experience of an Ocean's movie and a voter's experience of the recent election.

In an Ocean movie, one is immediately sucked into the plot, drawn through a number of dramatic and comedic devices designed to propel the viewer towards a conclusion which brings all the parts together. There is a lot of anticipation felt for those heists.

In this episode, the election is presented as little different. Randy has invested so much of his identity, foolishly, into Obama, but in the end is left with little more than the feeling of seeing a cheesy Ocean's ending. The McCain supporters believed the fate of the world was at stake, only to be let out of the theater to find the world miraculously still there.

A post below, which suggested that this episode could have worked without the "heist", i.e Ocean's parody, is surely mistaken. Randy's story relates to the Ocean's parody, plus, it would take out more than half of the episode.

What is the lesson here? Don't read politics like you read an ocean's movie. Be a better viewer than that.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Jan 03, 2009 5:13 pm Offline
Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:58 pm12
Im going to be completely honest in what i say next.

That was the most realistic South Park Episode ive ever seen.All the politions all working together to rob America is probaly not to far from the truth.I think the point to that episode is that all polititions are Crooks.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Jan 08, 2009 2:03 pm Offline
Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:00 pm1
can anyone tell me the name of the piano music which is played right in the end of the episode (when obama saying goodbye to the others)? i'd really like to know it, my girlfriend loves it.

thx for your information, guys!

nice greetings
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Jan 09, 2009 2:15 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
I loved the whole episode. The ending was the best! :lol:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Jan 09, 2009 2:41 pm Offline
Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:13 pm2
omg that wuz hilarious!! lol :lol: go obama!!
oh obama ur so fine u blow my mind hey obama hey hey hey obama lol that waz funny wen he tipped the cop car and danced in his underweaar!! lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :) :) :) :o :o :? :? :( :( :cry: :cry: :| :| :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :parishilton:
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jan 21, 2009 12:35 pm Offline
Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:13 pm1
I want to say first that I love South Park. Deep philosophically and dense with hilarity. But South Park's plots are slumping. Jokes are getting cheap!! Matt and Trey and SP Team reclaim your respect! It's all about the money dig, bring back some soul! Success can rollover into failure if not careful, look at Family Guy. I mean, about last night, was that written by you guys or some republican? I wonder if maybe Comedy Central is getting bought out politically...
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 07, 2009 1:42 am Offline
Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:46 am1
Dude, when Stan's dad starts cussing out his boss has me crackin' up
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 08, 2009 11:26 am Offline
Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:05 pm3
I liked idea when the world's biggest thieves wants to decide which way is the best to attack:)) from the roof ( bombing ) or some other... and then !!!! underground connection (with illegal stuff) ....and so onn

Sort by  
Page 15 of 16 238 posts Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next