Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 17 249 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 8:24 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 pm49Boise, I-da-ho
Ok, I have to say this. It just got over in mountain time and I can't figure out if I liked it or not. On one hand it was a Stan and Randy episode which I like... But to be honest, it seemed like it was just something that was thrown together. Accually it was kinda weird... There really wasn't anything to it. Am I the only one that feels this way?? But all in all... it is South Park and I would rather die than miss any episodes!!! I would give this one a 6/10
Do you like fishsticks? Then you must be a gay fish!
Favorite Character: Butters of course!
Favorite Episode: Fishsticks now... Was Fellowship of the rings.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 8:42 pm Offline
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:34 pm16
Butterskicksass wrote:
Am I the only one that feels this way??

Absolutely Not!
Phase 1 = Collect underpants
Phase 2 = ………
Phase 3 = Profit
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 8:47 pm Offline
  • YIM
RemedyLive30 wrote:
Butterskicksass wrote:

Absolutely Not!

Good... I'm glad it's not just me. It just felt like it was missing something. Not like last weeks episode.... That was the funniest one I have seen in a looooong time!!! HAHA..... gay fish yo!
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 9:12 pm Offline
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:34 pm16
Butterskicksass wrote:
RemedyLive30 wrote:
Butterskicksass wrote:

Absolutely Not!

Good... I'm glad it's not just me. It just felt like it was missing something. Not like last weeks episode.... That was the funniest one I have seen in a looooong time!!! HAHA..... gay fish yo!

Totally agreed..
Phase 1 = Collect underpants
Phase 2 = ………
Phase 3 = Profit
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 pm Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:43 pm65Montana
Another fine episode tonight had a smile and laugh on my face the whole time. Good job Matt and trey.
Who's a jigga wha?
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 10:14 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
Hmm....

Well, one things for sure, it's been a while since I've seen a left turn that humongous and drastic. One minute it's a quaint little episode about father-son bonding, the next it's Earth keeping an intergalactic criminal's stolen space cash. ... WHAT?!?

Truly, only South Park could make such a jump and make it work. The plot was all over the place, and a little hard to understand where they were going. Plus the jokes were just as repetitive and circular as the plot was, kinda molding the entire experience in this topsy-turvy lump.

This, to me, felt really disorganized, almost as if I could feel how tired the SP team was. It wasn't a shambles like, say, Britney's New Look or A Million Little Fibers, but it only had moments of funny.

And the message was... interesting... don't lie, I guess. But it felt out of place. Overall, this one felt kinda off-kilter to me and it was the first (imo) certifiably not-good episode this season so far.

6.5/10
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 10:19 pm Offline
Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:34 pm10
I'll give it an 8.6 and say it's the best of the 6 so far this half-season. Having Randy steal the particle accelerator thingey was a bit of a plot stretch, and space aliens are as well (though that precedent has been with the show since S01E01).

IMO it was more than balanced out by the message about situational honesty, applied both on individual and global levels. You need a timeless theme like that for the episode to have good syndication shelf life (a factor that many episodes don't have and that might deprive M&T of serious residual income someday). The basic story structure could have been a "Leave It to Beaver" episode (i.e. taking some shortcut has a snowball effect), but making it cheating at a pinewood derby gave it a SP tinge.
Favorite episodes: "Cartman joins NAMBLA" and "Make Love Not Warcraft"
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 10:22 pm Offline
Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:50 pm22
WTF? By far this was the worst episode this season. I just hope they can come up with a better episode for the mid season finale. 5/10 :zombiekenny: :assface:
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 10:24 pm Offline
  • YIM
This, to me, felt really disorganized, almost as if I could feel how tired the SP team was. It wasn't a shambles like, say, Britney's New Look or A Million Little Fibers, but it only had moments of funny.

I would have to agree 100%... It was as if they went out drinking the night before they put it together. Haha...
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 10:24 pm Offline
Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:36 pm2
When are they going to put the episode up on the site? It's taking longer than usual.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 10:27 pm Offline
  • YIM
CortSether wrote:
When are they going to put the episode up on the site? It's taking longer than usual.

Should be on within an hour of it airing on the west coast. Sometimes it takes just a bit longer....
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 10:32 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:09 pm3Riverside
well that episode was ridiculous from start to finish
not the best
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 10:36 pm Offline
Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:59 pm7West Coast
Ugh, I remember having to make a wood racer car in shop class....mine sucked!

Randy as Randy princess Leia was the best part I think!

The episode was ok, I get the whole being honest thing.

I guess the whole alien thing threw me off for some reason. Kinda like the aliens in the 4th Indiana Jones movie made my head hurt.

=)
Maury, I am out of control. Yeah, I use drugs. I can do what I waunt, biatch! Yeah, I have sex, and I don't use protection! It's my hot body; I'll do what I waunt! I don't go to school and I kill people! What-evah! I'll do what I waunt!
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 10:37 pm Offline
  • YIM
robo-mello wrote:
well that episode was ridiculous from start to finish
not the best

It was pretty out there!
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 15, 2009 10:40 pm Offline
  • YIM
radicalontherocks wrote:

I guess the whole alien thing threw me off for some reason. Kinda like the aliens in the 4th Indiana Jones movie made my head hurt.

=)

They're RAPING him!! We stood by and let it happen!!! haha... I agree with the whole Indiana Jones thing... That was truly F'ed up!!

Sort by  
Page 3 of 17 249 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next