Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 17 249 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 12:28 am Offline
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 pm84
First thought: Star Trek 1st contact :chaos:
which worked for me because it is usually the boys and a select group that deal with the aliens..

I will agree with a lot of you, it did seem to go many places, but it did make me laugh. Randy is a character that baffles me for the most part, he is just such the oddity.

Enjoyed the attitude of the "space cops" watching the Earthlings in their lie and liked the design too.

Interesting how well humans can stand together if the price is high enough.

It felt like it was part one of a trilogy... at least the box might come into play later.

Random Things:
- no sign of Kyle... anywhere... I know he has his Jew-scouts, but not even in the crowd?
- only one bleep... interesting.

I was entertained... only has China Problem, really bummed me out... *shiver*
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 12:35 am Offline
Thu May 15, 2008 5:46 pm73Mr. Jenkins Ranch
???

How could people like this? It doesn't make any sense! Other than the first five minutes of normal SP stuff, it has no comic value. I watched it twice (TV and streaming) and none of it made sense. Was this show written 3 hours before airing?
"Don't touch me! I've had my nuts broken, body poisoned, have been made love to in the ass by three dozen 40-year-old men—I just wanna go home and take a, a hot bath!" -Stuart McCormick
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 12:38 am Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:35 am1
Excellent episode! Hilarious depictions of the world and its leaders - Does ANYONE know or HEAR the edited line concerning the response Stan's dad gave to the space cops concerning Mexico building water parks and hospitals? ATAT TV edited it and I'm sure it was hilarious....

ANYONE?
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 12:39 am Offline
Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:01 am110Sacramento, CA
redblade7 wrote:
???

How could people like this? It doesn't make any sense! Other than the first five minutes of normal SP stuff, it has no comic value. I watched it twice (TV and streaming) and none of it made sense. Was this show written 3 hours before airing?

To answer your question, when have any of the "alien" South Park episodes ever made sense? When Cartman had an 80 ft. satellite dish sticking out of his butt? When Earth became an intergalactic television show? These aren't made to make sense, they are just here to entertain our imaginations.
I just want an erection so that I can give it to my mom.
-Kyle Broflovski, "Spontaneous Combustion"
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 12:45 am Offline
Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:01 am110Sacramento, CA
cjfarr88 wrote:
Excellent episode! Hilarious depictions of the world and its leaders - Does ANYONE know or HEAR the edited line concerning the response Stan's dad gave to the space cops concerning Mexico building water parks and hospitals? ATAT TV edited it and I'm sure it was hilarious....

ANYONE?

You can watch it on the website. He just told the space cops, "All us other countries chipped in and gave Mexico some aid. They really needed new water parks."
I just want an erection so that I can give it to my mom.
-Kyle Broflovski, "Spontaneous Combustion"
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 12:45 am Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:19 am2
This episode is great, the writers of SP are very aware of current political and world issues. This episode is full of subliminal messages and meanings that are taking place all around us today that most people don't know about.

in a sense we really are as dumb as the civilians of SP, we do believe and do (for the most part) everything our government tells us to do. America, and the WORLD is headed for a HUGE change in the near future. Economic collapse, depopulation, and another World War is at our doorstep. yet, the people remain oblivious to what is really unfolding do to the whitewash of mainstream media and entertainment.

Open your eyes people. Don't believe everything mainstream media tells you, and think for yourself!

They hit the nail right on the head with the SPACE MONEY. LOL. Money is paper and holds the same value as a tree, if not less. We give it value through faith, faith of the monetary system and the economy. In essence money is worthless yet it is the sole reason behind Evil and Greed.

This episode is a metaphor for how our world as a society is so caught up in money this money that. We are in a war with our own species over something that holds no real significance in our Universe.

We really should focus on the preservation of our planet's health and natural resources, the exploration of space, and stray away from getting caught up with the cycle of living like sheep

After all, the sun and Earth aren't going to be around forever. What's going to happen when Earth is uninhabitable for humans, which could come sooner than anyone predicts...

Just my thoughts..
Links that could change your WHOLE outlook on the world as you "know" it.

1.http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
2.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw
3.http://www.infowars.com
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 12:46 am Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:38 am3
This is one of the best episodes ever !! :lol: :lol:

Thank you guys !!

P.S. Heymanman you are watching too much Zeitgest, not too much thinking of your own like you want people to do but repeating all their lines as they was told in that movie!
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 1:03 am Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:19 am2
i hear you. But its deeper than that. I wouldn't change my beliefs through a single movie such as zeitgeist. I have lost faith in politics way before I learned about zeitgeist or any other corrupt government documentary.

I was pointing out the references to zeitgeist and other films and articles to this episode that suggest money has hindered us from furthering our species advancement, which is true throughout history.

I'm curious. What do you believe in regards to zeitgeist or politics?
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 1:17 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 pm49Boise, I-da-ho
I don't know how, but why did this forum turn into a political debate? SP is supposed to be funny and yes, teach a lesson every now and then.... But, the only lesson I got out of this episode is don't lie...(dammit I lied, I also got that space cash is only worth what I think it is) I don't see how this episode was "political". Matt and Trey must have went out on a hard night of drinking before coming up with this one.... (Maybe throw in some shrooms!!!) Haha...
Do you like fishsticks? Then you must be a gay fish!
Favorite Character: Butters of course!
Favorite Episode: Fishsticks now... Was Fellowship of the rings.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 1:41 am Offline
Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:47 am51
Has it ever occurred to you that we all might be bi-sexual, but tradition makes us like the opposite sex more?

Yes, I believe gay people were BORN gay, and straight people were BORN straight, but what if they were born that way because of a love they had of their past-life (I'm a firm believer of reincarnation)?

Think about that. Genders don't really matter - it's the anatomy that counts.

Anyways, I'll probably write my ideas for a second part to this episode.

It became political when the show became political. And that was what - years ago? :lol:

It also makes fun of politics, which is what is so great about it. And it is why it makes me laugh my ass off everytime I watch it. :mrgreen:

Thank you Matt and Tray!

P.S.

What is "Zeitgest"?

I've never seen it.

I don't take beliefs from movies or music or intelligence, I take them from my heart. I use my mind intelligently and try to translate it through my conscious (that, being, my heart).
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 1:50 am Offline
Butterskicksass wrote:
Mackerni wrote:
And to that, there needs to be a part 2 to this episode.

We need to know the conclusion because if aliens blocked us from the rest of the universe in a "cube", then, we wouldn't receive any sunlight.

The part 2 should come to an end when Randy tells the truth and somehow the aliens could hear ... like through a radio or something, use the lead to power an intergalactic radio or something...

Just a thought. :idea:

The cube was transparent though, sun could get thru i would think.... I like your idea of a part 2 to this episode, running with what you are going off of... bring back the aliens to earth and have Randy appologize like he did in the episode where he appologized to Jesse Jackson!!! HAHA!

EXACTLY! Do another parody of the first episode, but this time let's say that the ultra-cameras from the galatic universe cannot record EARTH: THE TV SHOW with the cube blocking the way!

We could potentially connect all the episodes in one way or another. :!:
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 2:10 am Offline
Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:53 am166Up the loch
Good episode. We haven't had an alien episode in ages.
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 2:25 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Yeah quite good episode nice to see Gordon brown on sp if only for a short time also nice to see stan take center again,i`m guessing next week being the mid season finale it will focus on all 4 boys.

7/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 2:38 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I haven't read anything preceding this post. Will have to catch up later.
What the hell? That was confusing. And I'm mostly saying this because I'm unbelievably tired. It was a very meh episode, and I kinda feel like they almost went Crab People on it on the latter half. I'd almost call it crap, but I laughed at leia Randy and... someething else I cant 'remember now. But the Cop aliens were cool looking. Is it weird that I kinda wanted to touch their "scoots"? By the by, rival Dad... Adam Savage? (a stretch I know, but it seems so random to have that character design.) More later. Midterm tomorrow, must sleep now and cram later.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 2:46 am Offline
So you are deleting my posts now?

Isn't that kind of rude? :roll:

Anyways, I liked this episode, but I hope there's a part two.

Sort by  
Page 5 of 17 249 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next