Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 13 posts
Does he *always* say things like that? PostThu May 08, 2008 11:03 pm Offline
  • YIM
Fri May 25, 2007 6:38 pm1419Texas by way of Ohio
Hello all. I have a question about Trey.

First of all, since I'm kind of new around here, one thing that no one knows about me is that I am majoring in Digital Media Production at the University of Texas, and I always used to always name Matt and Trey as my biggest influences. But umm...well let me explain.

Since I am also minoring in Film, I got a subscription to Netflix. Since the semester is now over, I was going to cancel my subscription but then I noticed that I could have the disc of only the special features of Orgazmo sent to me...so I order it. When I listened to some of the things Trey was saying, it was kind of the opposite of who I always thought he was.

For example, there is a collection of nothing but deleted scenes and Trey said something about, "f*ck you lady, wherever you are now." and I was like "Okay, that's weird but whatever." Then he started talking trash about someone else and someone in the background with Trey said something to him and Trey's response was "No, I don't have to I have like, eight million dollars!"...and I was stunned. It seems the idea of who I thought Trey is, is totally wrong. Considering he is always slapping down other rich and powerful people on national television, I had kind of hoped...well I don't know what I hoped but that wasn't it.

Is this the way he always is? Does he talk like this in his interviews?
Re: Does he *always* say things like that? PostFri May 09, 2008 6:47 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
If it's on a commercially released DVD, I wouldn't take what he said at face value. I think he just enjoys being obnoxious on camera because he thinks it's funny. I could be wrong, but that's always been my impression.
Re: Does he *always* say things like that? PostSun May 11, 2008 10:00 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
You never realised he awas one RUDE mofo? You have watched the show havn't you? He wasn't rich or famous when he made SP, and he says 'f*ck you' to people like Bbaera Streisand all the time so why not some girl intervieing him? I think he does it mostly in jest though, not really meaning it, but it's not like I know him. I just know of his works. He seems pretty mellow in most commentries though.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: Does he *always* say things like that? PostThu May 15, 2008 12:35 am Offline
  • YIM
Fri May 25, 2007 6:38 pm1419Texas by way of Ohio
superiorsavior wrote:
he says 'f*ck you' to people like Bbaera Streisand all the time so why not some girl intervieing him?

What girl interviewing him? The lady he said "f*ck you" to was someone who starred in one of his movies.

And if I'm here, obviously I have seen the show. I guess I had no reason to think the image I had of him was correct since I've never met him, but I just didn't think him the type to think himself better than everyone because he's rich and we're not.

...or at least I'm not.
Re: Does he *always* say things like that? PostThu Sep 25, 2008 4:27 pm Offline
Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:20 pm176
well, Orgazmo has a drunk commentary too... maybe you were thinking of that as well?
I do have it Orgazmo, but haven't watched all the features. Just too much!

Keep in mind that was a ways back. Especially now I think Treys humble. Maybe too humble.
Re: Does he *always* say things like that? PostFri Apr 17, 2009 7:27 am Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
OK. I know this is kind of an old post, but it cracked me up!!! :D (The responses were making me laugh too ;) ))

Trey has somewhat of a reputation of being a bit of a, um, *clears throat* jackass. At least that's what some people think. But I'm with everyone else, I think most of it is done when the "spotlight" is on him for attention. It's funny. I'm sure he's not throwing his drinks on waiters if they get his drink wrong. Trey is just, Trey. If we were famous we'd probably have a "in front of everyone when I'm getting all the attention" personality too that's different from our "in real life in front of the people that actually know the real me" personality. You know?

Also, remember that was a drunken commentary you were listening to. You can tell someone is actually getting drunk when their voice starts squeaking. Plus he went on and started whining really bad about "not wanting to do the commentary" anymore and I'm pretty sure someone (*points at* Andy or Jason) was handing him a bong. So next time you (as in anyone) listen to it just sit back and enjoy it for the entertainment it was meant to be. ;)

Other than that, yeah, Trey's rude. ;) But evidently not rude enough for people around him not to love him. (And I agree with the person that said he's probably mellowed out a little tiny bit since then. Guys are rambunctious idiots when they're in ... well, they're always rambunctious idiots. But sometimes as a guy gets older he starts to become a little more sane))
I don't have a signature
Re: Does he *always* say things like that? PostFri Apr 17, 2009 8:04 am Offline
Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:05 pm6155in
Was the girl Liane? If so, that explains much. In Cannibal! the Musical, he said he made that movie just to rip on Liane and had her as the horse. He was upset because she dumped him...just before Spring Break, I think he said... And he said that if she married him she would have a millionaire as a husband.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Re: Does he *always* say things like that? PostFri Apr 17, 2009 9:44 am Offline
Kelly MacCornmac wrote:
Was the girl Liane? If so, that explains much. In Cannibal! the Musical, he said he made that movie just to rip on Liane and had her as the horse. He was upset because she dumped him...just before Spring Break, I think he said... And he said that if she married him she would have a millionaire as a husband.

He was indeed complaining about Liane again. I don't know if that's where the 8 million dollars comment came in at though. I think that was in reference to something else. But then again I don't remember the commentary word for word so maybe it was!

*edited again* Wait, you mean the "f*ck you lady wherever you are now" thing don't you? I don't think that was in reference to Liane either. I think that was more at the beginning of the commentary before Liane was brought up. I think. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure he was talking about some other chick that made some rude remark about the making of the movie or something.
I don't have a signature
Re: Does he *always* say things like that? PostFri Apr 17, 2009 10:42 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Kelly MacCornmac wrote:
Was the girl Liane? If so, that explains much. In Cannibal! the Musical, he said he made that movie just to rip on Liane and had her as the horse. He was upset because she dumped him...

He was upset because she cheated on him. He was thinking of marrying her, but all that changed when he caught her in bed with someone else - someone who didn't become a millionaire like he did.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Does he *always* say things like that? PostFri Apr 17, 2009 11:12 am Offline
Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:05 pm6155in
willowrose wrote:

*edited again* Wait, you mean the "f*ck you lady wherever you are now" thing don't you? I don't think that was in reference to Liane either. I think that was more at the beginning of the commentary before Liane was brought up. I think. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure he was talking about some other chick that made some rude remark about the making of the movie or something.

I haven't seen Orgazmo, so I was wondering if he was talking about Liane like in Cannibal! Also, he said something similar about being a millionaire in Cannibal!
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Re: Does he *always* say things like that? PostFri Apr 17, 2009 12:44 pm Offline
Kelly MacCornmac wrote:
willowrose wrote:

I haven't seen Orgazmo, so I was wondering if he was talking about Liane like in Cannibal! Also, he said something similar about being a millionaire in Cannibal!

He did. The thing Big-Will is talking about was in the Cannibal commentary. That's when he went on and on about Liane marrying some dude that isn't nearly as rich as he is.

Orgazmo is good. The drunken commentary for it is even better. Cannibal is a much better movie than Orgazmo though. However, the Orgazmo commentary has a special treat. Trey rewards everyone with a Director's commentary Scotch fart.
I don't have a signature
Re: Does he *always* say things like that? PostTue Dec 11, 2012 6:09 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:22 am59McLe, VA
I've heard Trey be an in-character dick in plenty of interviews. So much so in one interview that he had to break character just to make it clear he was serious about the thing he was about to say. :) So, I wouldn't take it seriously. Also, even if he were that way in real-life, it shouldn't stop you from being inspired by his body of work.
Re: Does he *always* say things like that? PostMon Nov 11, 2013 10:57 am Offline
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:42 am5
Rich people are always hippocrates. Trey and Matt aren't immune to human nature.

I don't care what they do or say as long as they keep making South Park.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 13 posts