Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 4 54 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostFri Sep 26, 2008 3:24 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
The whale ending up dead on the surface of the moon reminds me of a passage in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," where a rocket turns into a whale (and a few petunias) and lands (dead) on the surface of a planet.

I wonder if Trey and Matt would acknowledge that book as an influence.
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostFri Sep 26, 2008 3:55 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
I never knew they did a parody of that?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostMon May 18, 2009 7:26 pm Offline
Mon May 18, 2009 6:45 pm2
The very end when Willzyx was on the moon I nearly cried with laughter because it randomly went to that scene unexpectedly.
Cartman is our leader!
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostMon Jun 22, 2009 11:55 am Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:48 pm16Ireland
This episode is not dumb but the dead while is not funny :cry: one dropof poison infect the whole tun of wine :(
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostTue Jun 23, 2009 8:53 pm Offline
Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:26 am4Pennsylvania, sure
Go, willzyx, go, beached in the Sea of Tranquility. Sartre, no doubt, would appreciate the irony too
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostSat Jul 04, 2009 7:19 pm Offline
Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:41 pm1
Mainly this episode seeing the whale dead on the moon , made me think of most of the disasterous results of the well meaning but lacking common sense animal rights activists who try to achieve good mainly for political means and not the well being of the animals. Nieve children brianwashed by idiotic liberals with no real grasp on how to fix problems. It's not always good enough to say or act like you care. That whale permorming was putting a lot of food in his own belly and the tummys of lots of children of the employees that work in that water park. He had a job and didn't end up in a can of tuna. People need to remember that people come first. If someone wants to sacrifice people for the animals they should start with their own families and flesh and blood. It's not the RESULTS it's the INTENTIONS. But good intentions killed the whale ....
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostWed Sep 02, 2009 3:18 am Offline
Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:54 pm11
Great episode. It really made radical animal-rights people look like the morons that they are (and I am an avowed animal lover). I found the idea of a Mexican space program very funny.

btw, tamales are a Mexican food made of cornmeal (masa), wrapped in corn leaves and steamed. Contrary to popular belief, the singular of tamales is tamal, not tamale. :D
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostTue Sep 15, 2009 10:17 pm Offline
Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:06 pm1
The ending was beautiful. No muzak, no extraneous bs.

Just WILLZYX, and the moon. Kudos.
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostSat Dec 05, 2009 4:05 pm Offline
Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:17 pm9
Mexico actually have a space exploration agency and even a space program, but of course is just a complete rip off since our government can at much afford to have a couple of borrowed comsats. :lol:
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostFri May 28, 2010 11:41 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Lol, is it just me or is the security guard in the park whistling "Georgia On My Mind"?
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostSat Jun 19, 2010 5:29 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
This episode was a great idea but I think it would have been a lot better if it were Stan trying to save the whale and not Kyle. Stan's the one who fights tooth and nail to save animals. The others, not so much. So to see Kyle talking to the whale, trying to save it, crying when they had to let him go and send him to the moon- was odd. It's just not very 'Kyle-like'. It bothers me when they sort of switch roles or do things with the boys when it's the other kid who usually says or does those things. So it was just too odd to see Stan in the background, helping out a bit and not really showing emotion when he was doing it. I love Kyle, don't get me wrong but I prefer them doing something that pertains to the characters.

It was funny when the two guys from the sea park kept going 'it was funny!' 'It wasn't funny!' :lol: And of course the infamous scene of the dead Willzyx on the moon. :mrgreen:

All in all... 7.5-8/10 eppy. 10/10 if Stan and Kyle hadn't switched roles.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostSat Jun 19, 2010 8:32 pm Offline
Fri May 07, 2010 1:55 pm106Southpark (that's right)
Yeah I agree. I love this episode and Kyle but it wasn't a thing Kyle would do. It would normaly be Stan who is obsessing over the animal but hey I guess Kyle just loves whales. Wait, in the episode whale whores Kyle didn't help Stan save the whales. Hm, I guess maybe it was just willzyx that he loved. I don't know. But, well, they all change up their roles once in a while. I find it a bit interesting when they do something out of character but I also like it when they are in character. Not that Kyle couldn't of been the main one trying to save willzyx, but I was expacting Stan to do it. Still liked the episode though :)
ManBearPigs #1 Fan <3

Kyle, Craig and Kenny Kick a$$!! :D
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostSat Jun 19, 2010 9:50 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Contrarian wrote:
The ending was beautiful. No muzak, no extraneous bs.

Just WILLZYX, and the moon. Kudos.

And now Tom Cruise too :mrgreen:

The Moon is starting to become a crowed place :)
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostSat Jun 19, 2010 11:14 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Pip Tweek wrote:
The whale ending up dead on the surface of the moon reminds me of a passage in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," where a rocket turns into a whale (and a few petunias) and lands (dead) on the surface of a planet.

I wonder if Trey and Matt would acknowledge that book as an influence.

I never thought of it that way before, but it makes sense, so I'm gonna say... is possible.
Re: *913* Free Willzyx PostSun Jun 20, 2010 1:45 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
LoveKyleAndStyle wrote:
Yeah I agree. I love this episode and Kyle but it wasn't a thing Kyle would do. It would normaly be Stan who is obsessing over the animal but hey I guess Kyle just loves whales. Wait, in the episode whale whores Kyle didn't help Stan save the whales. Hm, I guess maybe it was just willzyx that he loved. I don't know. But, well, they all change up their roles once in a while. I find it a bit interesting when they do something out of character but I also like it when they are in character. Not that Kyle couldn't of been the main one trying to save willzyx, but I was expacting Stan to do it. Still liked the episode though :)

That's the thing, how do we know Kyle 'loves whales'? Except for Cartman the other boys haven't really shown a preference for a specific animal. Stan just seems to love all animals, even goats, so again, this seemed like something he would really want to be a part of. Kyle didn't help Stan save the whales in Whale Whores, he just told him that the Japanese have been killing whales for years and not to worry about it. Cartman and Kenny pretended to care only to get on Stan's hit TV show.
Some little things are okay out-of-character, if it isn't too OOC. One thing I found a little OOC was when Kyle said in I'm a Little Bit Country 'I hate this town, I really do' or whatever. Stan's the one who always complains and buries his head in embarrassment to the town and the stupid people in it and makes blunt remarks like that. I'm not trying to 'hate Kyle' or something or blame him. If Stan all of a sudden became school-smart and argued with Cartman more I'd be upset too.

Long story short: good story, just didn't like the switched roles since the roles really do pertain to Kyle and Stan accordingly.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 4 54 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next