Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 20 of 22 322 posts Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 18, 2009 11:59 pm Offline
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:30 pm13
bigbadwolff wrote:
I have never been able to understand why some people take South Park episodes so serious and immediately get pissed off because they continue to go for the WOW factor. The offensive nature of the shows is partly why a lot of people probably watch week after week.

It clearly states at the beginning of each episode that the show is intended for "mature audiences only" so if you are going to cry like little bitches because they make fun of bikers or use the word "homosexual" then quit watching.

One of the great things about South Park is that they don't single anybody out. They put everybody on blast. Quit being so sensitive and get a sense of humor!!

Great post. I was gonna reply to that as well, but you pretty much nailed it.

I think it's a little more than that, though. It's not just that it's a "wow" factor or shock value. I've watched every single episode, and nothing "offensive" is EVER gratuitous. There is ALWAYS a POINT to it, and a very poignant one. And, that point is always quite explicit, and even explained at some point (though so many people still don't get it).

I personally believe that Trey and Matt's true INTENT is to break down "offensiveness" and other barriers, and help us all understand each other a little better... under a GUISE of entertainment.

I never fail to laugh, but the laughter stops once the show's over. The message of understanding, however, lasts.
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 19, 2009 12:07 am Offline
KSBkr wrote:
During this time of year, bikes with loud pipes help thwart deer from running in fromt of them.

This is QUITE incorrect. Look it up. If loud pipes scared away deer, you'd never see them (you can be heard a mile away).

I've personally driven my loud bike just a few feet from wild deer, one of whom didn't look up from the clover she was munching as I rode by, and another who stood completely still, IN my lane, while I rode past (slowly) close enough to have reached out and pet it.

I'm not trying to start an argument with ya, just trying to eliminate a false sense of security and help keep a brother safe.
On the other note, I actually see heads in cages turning to look for my bike (those heads that aren't glued to cellphones, anyway) when I pass, and that can't be a bad thing (unless their stupid hands automatically turn the wheel in the direction they turn their little empty heads, that is).
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 19, 2009 12:11 am Offline
Pegazeus wrote:
Twas a good episode. Had it's moments, but not nearly as good as last weeks. I feel like there were 2 jokes stretched out for a whole episode.

7.5/10

HAHA.
What's wrong with that?
Ever see "The Aristocrats?"

Arguably the funniest telling of a joke ever was Gilbert Godfried doing "The Aristocrats" joke, and it took him over 90 minutes to tell it.

Hell, my whole LIFE is one joke. Unfortunately, it's cruel, and not funny. ;)
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 19, 2009 12:30 am Offline
myurkus wrote:
If anything I should remember that this may be the least oppressive time in all of history against homosexuals...especially amongst younger people. ...Perhaps to the point (dare I believe?) where an exclusive derogatory connotation is not even necessary in many peoples' viewpoint.

Need to check up on your gay history. ;)

Man on man love being a "bad" thing is actually fairly recent (brought on largely by "modern" Xtians, and American, prison-type Alpha-dog redneck, insecure, prejudice masculinity).
There have been, and even still are, MANY societies and cultures in which it was perfectly normal.

Hey man... I'm straight... don't let me out-gay-history you. :)

The reason "gay" is "bad" now is because God wants babies. 7 billion isn't enough, he wanted the entire Earth carpeted with blind, slavishly obedient and worship-grovelling humans, he just didn't want to have to make them all himself. (You get tired of blowing into noses after about 2 people.)
Every time you have sex with a man, you deprive a church of another member, and when enough people are doing it... it really starts cutting into their profits.
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 19, 2009 12:39 am Offline
VDub285 wrote:
Not saying all bikers are like that but most are. Great episode

Actually, "most" AREN'T. And those of us who aren't knew exactly who they were talking about.

In fact, one of them had a post right above yours.

MANY, not most, bikers actually DO enjoy annoying people with their pipes. Or at least, like their pipes and "don't care" what others think of them.

There are words for people who either enjoy annoying others (the more the better), or don't care that they annoy others. I personally like Douchebag because it sounds funny, or assh*le because it's not. I use "Jackass" a lot too, but it's usually for people in cars, not on bikes (who do stupid things to try and kill me while I'm on my bike).
Now apparently there's a new one. It's funnier than "douchebag" because it's kinda ironic: annoying assh*les with too much testosterone are probably even less likely to appreciate being called "fags" than gay men are. But I'll probably still stick with "douche." It's personal preference.

Have fun, folks, but not at other peoples' (at least not strangers) expense. If you do, you're a f*cking assh*le, and the rest of the world isn't as impressed with you as you think they are.
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 19, 2009 12:57 am Offline
bmzerkel wrote:
I wonder if they realize just how many of their fans are Harley owners?
I've owned a few, and found the episode really funny...but I'm sure a lot of others didn't.

Dude, it was bound to happen sometime!

As they themselves have said, if they don't pick on EVERYONE, then they can't pick on ANYONE.
The minute they decide it's "not OK" to pick on one particular group or ideology, everything else they've done DOES become prejudice.

As a biker, who rides with SEMI-loud pipes, but does so in a manner that's respectful to others, and who doesn't "pose," I thought this was the funniest South Park I've ever seen. I laughed so hard I got cramps!
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 19, 2009 1:04 am Offline
yarver wrote:
It's all about respect and it goes both ways. Words to live by.

Very well said post, man!

Damned eloquent and respectable, and from a real-life 1%er to boot.

Peace, bro, and keep the rubber on the road.
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 19, 2009 9:22 pm Offline
Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:26 pm7
An interesting take on this topic, and not the first time South Park has explored this area. They are right, words do change their meanings often. Here's a cartoon I drew a couple of years back to illustrate an essay I wrote about the use of gay-related pejoratives in South Park and other early '00s TV shows:

Brambrambrambram!!! PostTue Dec 01, 2009 8:23 pm Offline
Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:08 pm1
I luv dis episode :lol:
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Dec 02, 2009 6:27 am Offline
Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:58 am1
So..... can i shout at Hell's Angels now ?!
"You F4g ! On your f4g bike !!! "
Or isn't that wise ?
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Dec 06, 2009 12:00 pm Offline
Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:39 pm30Nashville, TN
Mildly funny, but not my favorite episode of the season.

Not nearly as funny as "Whale Whores" or "Margaritaville"...

:?
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Dec 16, 2009 10:26 am Offline
Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:59 am32
So let me get this straight.... a F is someone who is basically lame? Right?

So if you had aids and a popular t.v. show comes up with an episode stateing how funny aids is whats the first thing you would think? How bout when they joak about how funny it is to give aids to another person?

What if you had cancer? A popular t.v. show comes up with an episode about how funny cancer is. Whatcha thinking now?

This is the funny part of the episode to me. How bikers are f because of the attention they desire so they make waves by causing grief with noisey bikes.

Well is that any different from a bunch of lazy writers who make every episode of there show a lame parody sprinkled with tragic current social issues in the tone of making fun of the effects like cancer, aids, and death?

Like i said earlier in this thread....

::looks at matt and trey::

"f a g s"
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Dec 20, 2009 1:23 am Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
I never realized this until I saw the vid recently, but that scene where the news reporter interviews a couple of the bikers, calling them f@gs a few times? To sports fans, this may sound familiar.

I don't know if anyone spotted this yet, but here's why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczUKTwgqeY
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Dec 20, 2009 1:37 am Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
Psyche guy, 8 posts in a row is certainly suck.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Dec 20, 2009 1:45 am Offline
Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:42 pm103Big Wills non-washed undies
Seems like there are so many Good Episodes yet to be legally shown on Australian TV. :(
Lol.

Big-Will wrote:
Yes. Now get the f*ck out or I'll permaban you.

Would the baby like his bottle?

Sort by  
Page 20 of 22 322 posts Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next